UP Fantasy Football League?

Draft changed to Monday, Sept 3rd, at 8p EST.  If you can't make the live draft (which I probably won't be able to), don't worry because Yahoo will pick the best available player based on your team needs for you as long as you've joined the league.  I thought there were 12 team spots but I guess it's actually only 10, and we're at 9 teams currently so it would be awesome if someone else from the forum took the last spot!

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 2

Everything should be set up correctly for the draft tonight.  Starts at 8p, pretty sure the draft lobby opens 15 mins prior to that.  I've got to close at work tonight, so I'm hoping the autodraft will come in clutch for me!  I believe the draft order is randomized by Yahoo, and whoever picks first in one round will pick last in the next round if that makes sense.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TO ALL NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PRESS

KJ ANNOUNCES TEAM ROSTER AND SPONSORS FOR BURGERS

“We are very pleased with the draft and no matter how we end up at the end of the season, KJ’s Burgers will be a great success here in San Antonio.   As the 24th largest metro in the country KJ looks forward to a great partnership with the city, Bexar county, and the great state of Texas which KJ considers his 2nd home after North Carolina.”

We look forward to playing in the 64,000 seat Alamodome and thank the community with selling out all home games for the 2018 season in less than 10 minutes.  KJ states ” I was really surprised with the amount of  season ticket sales from Dallas Ft Worth area and welcome them to drive south on Sunday. Our dome may not be as big as Jerry’s World but you will have more fun here!  Plus we have had strong sales from our Mexican friends especially from Guadalajara and Monterrey and the Rio Grande Valley cities.”

We would like to announce our official sponsors for the new team the Burgers.

We welcome In N Out Burger of southern California that is opening locations all over Texas as our official burger sponsor.  Thanks to their multimillion multiyear sponsorship and Double Doubles will be priced reasonably for all fans.   KJ their biggest east coast fan is also announcing the first ever locations on the east coast starting with Charlotte, KJ’s home town. KJ has chosen McDonalds de Mexico as his Mexican burger sponsor.

Our official vendors include local favorites (and KJ’s too) Mi Tierra and Hacienda de Los Barrios as official Mexican and Tex-Mex food sponsors.  Live Mariachi bands will preform during every quarter break. Every game will have 2 for 1 tacos and all tortillas will be made on site.  Muchas gracias por su apoyo a Cortez y a las familias de Barrios.

Official Texas barbecue with be provided by locally based Texas Pride Barbecue at all games. NC style barbecue will be available through a partnership with Parkers Barbecue.

Shiner Bock is the official beer and OMB will be the official beer supplier at our training camp in the NC mountains between Asheville and Charlotte. 

Toyota Tundra made right here in San Antonio is the official vehicle of the Burgers and each player signed with be given a Texas edition Toyota Tundra.  

Official gasoline supplier is QuikTrip with locations all over Charlotte and soon all-over south Texas.

Media partners:

KJ 97 is our official radio partner locally.   KENS 5 is the official tv station locally.  Thanks to a partnership with Azteca TV in Mexico all our games will be broadcast in all the major media markets in Mexico. Back in Charlotte WSOC-TV will broadcast our games. 

KJ also announces official doughnut sponsor will be Krispy Kreme Doughnuts which will open 2 shops within the AlamoDome.  (and the hot doughnut sign will be on during all home games guaranteed)

Coca-Cola and NC based Cheerwine will be official soft drinks of the new team and sweet tea is always just $1 at any home games thanks to our sponsor Luzianne.

Spectrum Properties of Charlotte will develop the state of art training camp in the NC foothills between Charlotte and Asheville to escape the Texas heat in the summer.  Also included will be a Kimpton hotel, 18 hole golf course designed by Tiger Woods, and outdoor water park.  In San Antonio Hines jointly with Spectrum will develop an indoor training facility and adjacent development called Rancho del Cielo.  This 10,000 acre multi billion dollar development will be built in phases with more details to follow.

Final word from KJ “No matter how we finish in the new UP league the Burgers team is already the most successful major league sports enterprise ever launched due to our extensive sponsorships and strategic  partners.  Our concert series before each game starting with George Strait and ending the season with Willie Nelson is totally unique in the league.   Let the games begin.”

Charlotte-San Antonio Sept. 4 2018

>>>Hey if I am fantasy team owner I am going all out! 

https://www.mitierracafe.com/

https://www.texaspridebbq.net/

http://losbarriosrestaurant.com/

KKremeHat-Shirt.png

KJInoutburgerhat.jpg

IMG_7782 (2).JPG

IMG_7848.JPG

Just congratulated my contact at Spectrum for landing these two mega projects, they were confused.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Well it is because only top brass knows for the competition to work with me was intense.  

Well, not Yahoo lol.

"Mayonnaise, middle of the road, mediocre, All words that describe this draft. We have to trust KJs Burgers will make trades and player adds if they are to reach the playoffs."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nicholas said:

Well, not Yahoo lol.

"Mayonnaise, middle of the road, mediocre, All words that describe this draft. We have to trust KJs Burgers will make trades and player adds if they are to reach the playoffs."

I am talking to my attorneys James McElroy and Diehl about Russian hacking into my autodraft and if our preliminary findings are correct we will be serving Yahoo with a lawsuit LOL 

• Haha 3

with such local coverage of hurricane prep and national coverage of 9-11 terrorist attacks here is something lighter.  remember I am a Fantasy Team owner of a Fantasy team  in the prestigious UP league 

FOR IMMEDIATE RELASE TO ALL NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PRESS

KJ ANNOUNCES BURGERS FIRST WIN AND ADDITONAL SPONSORS!

“We are very pleased with our first hard fought win in the UP league and bringing home a win for San Antonio and all of south Texas.  I never thought as a kid in NW suburbs of San Antonio (shout out to Leon Valley) that one day I would own a professional football team here in San Antonio.  I am humbled by the experience.”

Special message for my Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex fans:  “I know there was weeping and gnashing of your teeth after the Cowboys lost to the Carolina Panthers (congratulations Panthers fans and new owner Mr Tepper)  I ask you to invite your friends and neighbors down south to Texas’s new team.”  Jerry Jones when reached about the Burgers first win had no comment and quickly left the press conference mumbling.

The George Strait concert was fantastic pregame.

Remember the wining phrase for your free promotions KJ’s Burgers with the Win!  Just say it at your participating locations Wedneday only at participating locations.

At In N Out Burger  Texas locations on Tuesday only FREE single regular or animal style with purchase of Coca Cola.  At McDonalds de Mexico Cuarto librador gratis con la compra de Coca Cola en todo McDonalds en México sólo dicen KJ hamburguesas ganar!

Free puffy taco with any purchase at Mi Tierra and Hacienda de Los Barrios as official Mexican and Tex-Mex restaurants. 

Free Peach cobbler at our Official Texas barbecue sponsor  Texas Pride Barbecue.

Shiner Bock $2 cans at participating Texas bars just say the winning phrase.

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts free regular glazed doughnut with coffee purchase.

Spectrum Properties of Charlotte will develop the state of art training camp in the NC foothills between Charlotte and Asheville.  Also included will be a Kimpton hotel, 18 hole golf course designed by Tiger Woods, and outdoor water park.  Crescent Resources and their new Japanese partner will build 5-7 story timber and stone condos and vacation villas at the new Spectrum developed resort in western NC.   Noted architectural critic  @ricky_davis_fan_21 of NYC states “ These condos will be the best designed multifamily units Crescent has ever built!”

KJ announces two new corporate sponsors San Antonio based USAA as our official insurance sponsor and have much competition Charlotte based Bank of America will be the official bank.  Bank of America has also announced the movement of 3000 jobs from NYC to Charlotte and another 1000 new jobs to San Antonio.   In related news, KJ Burgers Inc. announces their new offices will be in Bank of America’s soon to be announced 85 story Charlotte tower and in the new Bank of America Center to be built in San Antonio which will tower 30 stories, the new tallest office tower in San Antonio. 

Charlotte-San Antonio Sept. 11 2018

>>>>couple of photos of the festivities and fun in San Antonio Burgers country

SATXcelebration.jpg

SATXkrispykreme.jpg

SATXmariachi.jpg

• Haha 3

KJ, the Billionaire owner of the newest NFL franchise - the San Antonio Burgers - celebrates the Burgers win over the Dallas Cowboys!

Image result for image of tall building looks like burgers

Breaking News:  Below a proposed rendering of BOA's new 850 story tower in Charlotte.

Image result for image of bank of america 85 story tower

BOA's new tower will also be the home of KJ Burgers, Inc., the corporate alter ego of KJ, the Billionaire owner of the San Antonio Burgers.  Further,  KJ Burgers, Inc. will have offices at the 2 mile high mark above Trade & Tryon with unmatched views of Mt. Mitchell, Raleigh, Wilmington, Atlanta and Hilton Head Island.

Image result for image of futuristic very tall building

Sponsors luv, luv, luv the San Antonio Burgers!  hamburguesas de amor!!

Related image        image.jpeg.b6ccdb2980c3bb73b4d422087fe5b17c.jpeg     

image.jpeg.abc0e86129bf9a474604ca0a01c1a7e4.jpeg          image.jpeg.1f8eace57583f52e59f06a82048dc349.jpeg       

Image result for mi tierra images         image.jpeg.b3224265234f0847fe7f9807fce57b51.jpeg

Hut! Hut! Hut! Go Burgers! Long live the Alamo City!  Texas Forever!  

Image result for image for long live the alamo     

Edited by QCxpat
add images of San Antonio Burgers sponsors
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...