Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

• 3 weeks later...

Key West is a really nice addition. Some folks have wondered if Southwest will return to EYW, but given the restrictions on weight with the VERY short runway, I just don't see it. Operational limitations was one of, if the not the biggest, limitation to their presence there. That said, we've seen some interesting additions last year, so i wouldn't be shocked if they reversed course.

That airport is bursting at the seems with all this additional traffic and they have no room for expansion of the apron.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

Allegiant seems very bullish on Nashville.  Key West makes the 28th destination that Allegiant serves out of BNA which is pretty amazing considering it's been at BNA for less than 3 years.

They seem to be doing well with the inbound to Nashville leisure market serving small Midwestern towns. I’d imagine that Southwest dominates the outbound, but I can definitely see Allegiant carving a niche for themselves servicing markets like Key West and other smaller beach markets. 

• Like 2

The airport did get a visit from an American Airlines Dreamliner operating Chicago-O'Hare to Miami because of an unruly passenger. So, I mean, technically a passenger wide-body returned for the first time since the pandemic that wasn't cargo. :lol:

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/unruly-passenger-forces-miami-bound-flight-to-land-in-nashville/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just for awareness, that 787 diversion from ORD-MIA a couple weeks back will be the only Dreamliner we'll see for another month continued. British Airways (BA) has axed BNA into April now. Other cities included in April extension cancellations are Austin, Las Vegas, Newark, New Orleans, & San Diego.

Also, Delta is yanking more routes from their Raleigh-Durham (RDU) focus city operation and dropping BNA, among others.

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

British Airways will return to BNA on May 1 2021. :whistling:

B946A246-13B7-4C59-BC3F-71E1FBE9FDF1.jpeg

I would say "currently scheduled to resume" versus a more definitive "will return" given the very fluid situation for air travel, particularly for international traffic. 

I can see them easily punting to June, but I would not be shocked to see it pushed even later in the year.

I don’t think this has been posted on here yet. Allegiant announced the addition of four additional destinations to/from BNA: 

-PSM (Portsmouth, NH)

-BOI (Boise, ID)

-ALB (Albany, NY)

-MFE (McAllen, TX)

All will be twice weekly destinations and begin in May. That should bring the total destinations from Nashville on Allegiant to 32 (excluding the two week Rapid City flight for Sturgis). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

I don’t think this has been posted on here yet. Allegiant announced the addition of four additional destinations to/from BNA: 

-PSM (Portsmouth, NH)

-BOI (Boise, ID)

-ALB (Albany, NY)

-MFE (McAllen, TX)

All will be twice weekly destinations and begin in May. That should bring the total destinations from Nashville on Allegiant to 32 (excluding the two week Rapid City flight for Sturgis). 

It was posted here: