Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

1 hour ago, dxfret said:

British Airways has already loaded the return of the BNA to London Heathrow nonstop flights in its schedule to resume this July.  It’s currently scheduled to operate 4 days per week using the  Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.  This is a very positive development that shows the popularity of Nashville as a destination city.  Of course, this and all international depends on government and health approvals from the US, UK and EU.  

They have been loading schedules since covid started

BNA has, obviously, been in discussions with BA about restarting the flight. There is some $$$ leftover from the original incentives that can be used to help restart the flight. Both the state and city are exploring additional incentives to help, also

Until we get an announcement, those schedules are just as good as placeholders

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

I believe those are charter flights only because they list nothing available through at least the summer. So I call BS on them listing BNA as a destination.

I was trying to think on that. Pre-pandemic, they announced service to Nashville, but I don't recall if that service ever started or not 

Ultimate Air Shuttle will launch new nonstop service from Cincinnati's Lunken Airport to Nashville starting June 7.

“We’re really excited about this. The service is ramping up much faster than even we anticipated,” said Rick Pawlak, the Cincinnati-based company’s vice president.

The region has not had a nonstop flight to Nashville since 2018, when Delta Air Lines ended its flights to the Music City. Ultimate Air had planned for flights to Nashville last year but the pandemic intervened.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/05/26/ultimate-air-to-nashville.html

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LA_TN said:

There is currently no word on when the BA flight will restart 

It's still bookable, and this far out, it seems quite likely this is the sticking date for resumption of service. BA has been pretty proactive in cancelling at least 2 months in advance, so I think we're finally going to get our widebody, transatlantic flights back.

• Like 4