Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

On 10/11/2021 at 7:54 AM, Sean blackdog said:

I text to from Facebook British Airways. 
:shok:

58D91F67-2357-4AFA-9109-3022DAF6249B.png

Great to hear! I made use of that flight a few time when I was living over there...it was easier and faster to get from my house in rural Bedfordshire back to see the family in Tennessee than it is to make the drive down from DC!

• Like 1

Question for the group:  I need to align myself with an airline that travels globally, but also all over the continental US, ideally American or United.  Southwest is not a good option, nor is Allegiant.  Do we think American, Delta, or United will expand their operations at BNA after the renovation is complete?   

• Like 1

I'd guess Delta. American has been struggling and there are industry rumors they're going to need to reduce their operations. United has never been a biggie at BNA.  Before the pandemic, Delta actually named Nashville as a focus for their flights, but that has been withdrawn for now.  I think Delta has the best partnership arrangements with EU and Asian carriers.  American probably has the best arrangment with South American destinations through their Miami and DFW gateways.  Also, there's the added benefit of having Atlanta as their main hub which is within driving distance if there are ever mass cancellations. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, steelkid247 said:

Question for the group:  I need to align myself with an airline that travels globally, but also all over the continental US, ideally American or United.  Southwest is not a good option, nor is Allegiant.  Do we think American, Delta, or United will expand their operations at BNA after the renovation is complete?   

Regarding the best global airline choices from BNA, I would go with Delta Air Lines first, followed by American Airlines.  United would be my absolute last choice. 

• Like 1

I have not flown since 2015 and the way things are looking I don't plan on flying again. If I can't drive then I guess I will not go. There is too much drama in the air these days, way too many crazy people, too many bag regulations now, too expensive, too cramped, too much of a hassle getting in and out of airports. I will just enjoy the journey getting to my destination as much as the destination itself.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I have not flown since 2015 and the way things are looking I don't plan on flying again. If I can't drive then I guess I will not go. There is too much drama in the air these days, way too many crazy people, too many bag regulations now, too expensive, too cramped, too much of a hassle getting in and out of airports. I will just enjoy the journey getting to my destination as much as the destination itself.

Amtrak is best for that!  As long as you don't mind being late!  Have done cross country on CHI-LAX  CHI-SFO area & CHI-SEA.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 5:00 PM, steelkid247 said:

I've been using American for a long time. Not the best airline, but by far the most convenient for me since I live super close to DCA and they have lots of flights to BNA. The fact that they codeshare with British Airways is also very nice for additional options for international travel.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:31 AM, nashscan said:

Amtrak is best for that!  As long as you don't mind being late!  Have done cross country on CHI-LAX  CHI-SFO area & CHI-SEA.  

I love a good Amtrak trip, especially if you don't mind the odds of being a few hours late because of being stuck behind a slow freight train or having to stop for an investigation if they hit a deer! Seriously though, it's by FAR the most relaxing way to travel. I've done it up and down the NE Corridor, as far south as Charlottesville, VA.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

If you need any ideas for any of those locations, let me know as I have driven to all of those areas except Biloxi. Driven through Mississippi and try not to stop. LOL.  No offence Mississippi, but for me its sort of like driving through Kansas.

If you get to SD, at least make it up to Teddy Roosevelt NP in North Dakota. Well worth the visit, as is Custer State Park just outside Keystone SD and the Purple Pie House in Custer SD. Go to Roswell NM for a few laughs as well  when checking out all the UFO museum's. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...