Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

i'm sure this has been discussed, but do y'all expect one of the major airlines to expand their operations at BNA when the renovation is complete?  United seems like an obvious choice since Delta / American already have SE hubs, but maybe i'm way off.  Thoughts? 

Delta had labeled BNA as a “focus city” for operations, along with Austin, but never did anything in either city. AA has very aggressively, and smartly, ballooned AUS into their largest operation not labeled a hub or focus city. So to some degree I imagine we’ll see them do that once things come along more with BNA and the likelihood of moving concourses. United just doesn’t seem overly aggressive in expansion as they seem more focused at overhauling their overall product lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, steelkid247 said:

i'm sure this has been discussed, but do y'all expect one of the major airlines to expand their operations at BNA when the renovation is complete?  United seems like an obvious choice since Delta / American already have SE hubs, but maybe i'm way off.  Thoughts? 

Possibly, but I don't think we'll see an honest-to-goodness hub for any legacy carrier any time soon. Frankly, the gate space just isn't there. Almost all airports that are main-line hubs have 100+ gates. The only exception I'm aware of in the continental US is Salt Lake City, which has 46 (compared to BNA's 42), and most of its capacity is taken up by Delta's operations. Even it is undergoing a major expansion to get it to closer to 100 gates, though. Concourse D's reopening and remodeling added a few, but we're far away from where BNA would need to be for a United hub. If they ever get around to extending A/B and adding the remote concourse in the apron, then maybe, *maybe* you'd see a new hub, but that's many years off. The closest I think we'll see within the next 5 years would maybe be the addition of some United Express or Delta Connection flights to bigger non-hub cities, sort of like the American Eagle flight to Austin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Huge news! I honestly expected the 7 days a week schedule to get pushed back by a year or more after the impacts of COVID plus the slow delivery of 787s. That shows a huge amount of confidence in the route if they're willing to dedicate a limited number of 787-10s required for daily round-trip flight. It makes me wonder what the traffic numbers were for passengers travelling on to Nashville by connecting through New York, Philadelphia, or DC. It had to be substantial!

This news really does make me wonder when other transatlantic carriers will take note and offer a direct flight to BNA, even if it's only 3-4x weekly. I think the most likely is a CDG-BNA Airfrance flight or an AMS-BNA KLM flight. Nashville would fit well in both of their networks, and both heavily brand themselves alongside Delta already. I think it's less likely, but if United decided to expand operations, I don't think we could rule out a FRA-BNA Lufthansa flight.

I think with a direct Nashville to Paris flight it’s a matter of when and not if. Renault/Nissan, AllianceBernstein (which has a French parent company) and now CapGemini will all provide a lot of traffic to and from Paris specifically.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sean blackdog said:

British Airways. 
7days a week Start May 6th to Oct. 25th 2022.   Flight Boeing 787-10 
5 days week Oct. 27th. Flight Boeing 787-9. 
I think so. 

Did you see somewhere that the 7x daily on a 787-10 is just for the summer travel months?

29 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

I think with a direct Nashville to Paris flight it’s a matter of when and not if. Renault/Nissan, AllianceBernstein (which has a French parent company) and now CapGemini will all provide a lot of traffic to and from Paris specifically.

Very good points. I didn't think about the business connections between France and Nashville, those could definitely be big drivers as those companies expand their footprint in Middle Tennessee. Upper management will be flying in corporate or charter, but there will be plenty of people who would want a direct connection but not be able to swing a private jet flight I'm sure. Not to mention the tourism aspect.

• Like 4

I’m just glad Nashville it’s upward and onward with the growth. Living in San Antonio, I can truly say living in an underserved city is no fun.  The only saving grace is SW flies direct to Nashville, so visiting family and friends isn’t terrible. SA is the red headed step child of Texas despite being the 7th largest city in the US. 

36 minutes ago, Tenn2Tex said:

I’m just glad Nashville it’s upward and onward with the growth. Living in San Antonio, I can truly say living in an underserved city is no fun.  The only saving grace is SW flies direct to Nashville, so visiting family and friends isn’t terrible. SA is the red headed step child of Texas despite being the 7th largest city in the US. 

And Austin absolutely exploding not even 2 hours away really hurts SAT's ability to capture more market share as bleeding to Austin-Bergstrom is only growing. 

• 2 weeks later...