Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

Air Canada and Nashville International Airport officials Tuesday announced a year-round nonstop route between Nashville and Montreal.
According to a release, the service will begin twice weekly on June 2 and grow to three times weekly on June 25. The route connecting BNA and Montréal–Trudeau International Airport began as a seasonal offering in mid-2020.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/tourism/bna-lands-year-round-flight-to-montreal/article_df6ca9b2-93f8-11ec-a131-1ff77c41e0e3.html

Nice to see that be brought back to actually start since Covid canned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Update from (GML) Kyiv Hostomel Airport,  not (BNA) Nashville Int’l Airport. 
Breaking news. 
Ukraine (1988-2022)
Antonov An-225 World’s Largest Cargo plane been burnt & destroyed in Hanger fire in Kviv, Ukrainian by Russia. 
The AN-225 Mriya could cost more than $3billion to repair. 

Pray for Ukraine. 

4E9EB13F-7ED4-432B-BE0F-F0E245862910.jpeg

9B232645-4B89-4E09-AFDE-5D6587EC3023.jpeg

8DA784E3-6CB8-433E-971D-F03CAF72241B.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 2
  • Sad 14

On 2/27/2022 at 1:56 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Update from (GML) Kyiv Hostomel Airport,  not (BNA) Nashville Int’l Airport. 
Breaking news. 
Ukraine (1988-2022)
Antonov An-225 World’s Largest Cargo plane been burnt & destroyed in Hanger fire in Kviv, Ukrainian by Russia. 
The AN-225 Mriya could cost more than $3billion to repair. 

Pray for Ukraine. 

4E9EB13F-7ED4-432B-BE0F-F0E245862910.jpeg

9B232645-4B89-4E09-AFDE-5D6587EC3023.jpeg

8DA784E3-6CB8-433E-971D-F03CAF72241B.jpeg

RIP

Also Aeroflot cant fly back to Miami or any other US airport soon, their ticket counter at MIA I heard was already replaced by a new Taiwanese airline. Bye Bye :P

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

It looks like BNA is adding yet another airline with multiple desinations.  Breeze Airways is beginning nonstop service to I've new destinations from BNA as part of a larger national expansion of service.  

Flights start May 26, 2022, to the following destinations: Tulsa (TUL), Oklahoma City (OKC), Charleston (CHS), Hartford (BDL), and Akron/Canton (CAK).  TUL and OKC are twice weekly. TUL is ThursdaySunday and OKC is Friday/Monday.  CHS, BDL, and CAK are four times weekly on Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday.

https://www.flybreeze.com/destinations/Nashville

Some direct competition with Southwest, but also aggressive because that airline is hindered by aircraft delivery issues and resulted in trimming of the schedule each time it's been released the last few months, 

This latest route expansion by Breeze is VERY aggressive in larger markets, such as LAX, SFO, & LAS, not just BNA.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rolly said:

Excellent cabin. Nice layout, just 2 large seats on each side of the single isle.  If I get back to flying... this looks good. 

The picture of the cabin is kinda deceiving. The dual class clarification made me squint a little, but halfway back we can see the aisle jog and they add a third seat on one side of the plane. It is nice not having a "class divider" like many aircrafts do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 9:50 AM, Sean blackdog said:

Breeze Airways 

From Nashville, TN, to:

• Akron/Canton, OH (Thurs, Fri, Sun and Mon, starting May 26, Nice from $39* one way; Nicer from $89*);
  • Tulsa, OK** (Thurs and Sun, starting June 2, Nice from $49* one way; Nicer from $89*; Nicest from $99*; summer seasonal route).
  • Hartford, CT** (Thurs, Fri, Sun and Mon, starting June 2, Nice from $59* one way; Nicer from $99*; Nicest from $109*; summer seasonal route); and
  • Oklahoma City, OK** (Fri and Mon, starting June 3, Nicefrom $49* one way; Nicer from $89*; Nicest from $99*; summer seasonal route).
  • ** Route operated by brand-new A220-300 aircraft

80581B2B-4015-44FA-B365-64343638CB18.thumb.jpeg.81c1999a769769311ed8ae25540ca2b3.jpeg

496617AA-12C8-4AA2-B361-102BEBE81640.jpeg

BB2DDD48-4168-466B-A4E3-86B7FF19254F.jpeg

6DFD95C3-EF9B-4F7A-95B0-2F8A4E4F574B.jpeg

D1D0A8F0-E879-42BE-9584-D6198BC5AAF9.jpeg

Hope they add BWI and DCA to their locations with flights to BNA and other destinations.  Time for more direct alternatives from this area to Nashville.  I think American and Southwest are the only two airlines offering nonstop flights to Nashville from either BWI (only Southwest) or DCA.  JetBlue used to out of DCA but that stopped years ago.  Now you have to go through either BOS or FLL... not spending 5 - 8 hours to fly from the DMV to Nashville.

32 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Hope they add BWI and DCA to their locations with flights to BNA and other destinations.  Time for more direct alternatives from this area to Nashville.  I think American and Southwest are the only two airlines offering nonstop flights to Nashville from either BWI (only Southwest) or DCA.  JetBlue used to out of DCA but that stopped years ago.  Now you have to go through either BOS or FLL... not spending 5 - 8 hours to fly from the DMV to Nashville.

I don’t know if the yields and passenger numbers are good enough for many more players on BNA-DCA. I’m not frequent on the route but I do travel BNA-DCA a couple times yearly to visit friends and I don’t think I’ve ever been on a flight where it cost more than $100 each way or was more than 60% full. The last time I flew the route in late January the flight was 30% full for the BNA-DCA leg with Southwest. About 40 people for the 737-700 that sits around 150. 

At least American isn’t flying the route with those awful Eagle CRJ-200’s anymore. IMO the least comfortable plane to travel in. 

3 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from SimpleFlying. 

https://simpleflying.com/british-airways-airbus-a350-importance-us/

Do u think Nashville will flew by Airbus a350-1000? 

B2820A1D-5699-43DD-9081-24FC81F89713.jpeg

Never say never, if Austin is now I wouldn’t be surprised if we did in a few years. As for now I think a 787-9 is about the limit of what we can handle. 

Its crazy how much action exists London-NYC. 7x daily LHR-JFK, 3x daily LHR-EWR, 1x daily LGW-JFK. And that’s not including all the other airlines that run multiple flights per day. There’s probably like 20-25 flights a day between those two cities, if all airports in either city are included. 

7 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Never say never, if Austin is now I wouldn’t be surprised if we did in a few years. As for now I think a 787-9 is about the limit of what we can handle. 

Its crazy how much action exists London-NYC. 7x daily LHR-JFK, 3x daily LHR-EWR, 1x daily LGW-JFK. And that’s not including all the other airlines that run multiple flights per day. There’s probably like 20-25 flights a day between those two cities, if all airports in either city are included. 

Miami is having the a380 fly in daily which is cool to see back

On 3/25/2022 at 9:43 AM, Pdt2f said:

I don’t know if the yields and passenger numbers are good enough for many more players on BNA-DCA. I’m not frequent on the route but I do travel BNA-DCA a couple times yearly to visit friends and I don’t think I’ve ever been on a flight where it cost more than $100 each way or was more than 60% full. The last time I flew the route in late January the flight was 30% full for the BNA-DCA leg with Southwest. About 40 people for the 737-700 that sits around 150. 

At least American isn’t flying the route with those awful Eagle CRJ-200’s anymore. IMO the least comfortable plane to travel in. 

We must be flying opposite times or something then... Every time I fly DCA-BNA, usually 3-4 times a year, the flight is at least 75% full, if not much more crowded.

2 minutes ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

We must be flying opposite times or something then... Every time I fly DCA-BNA, usually 3-4 times a year, the flight is at least 75% full, if not much more crowded.

It’s very likely that I’m wrong, I just based it off of personal experience. I’m not sure what the peak hours are, I normally fly BNA-DCA either early in the morning or later in the evening, and my return trips are almost always in the evening. I think the 30% flight was maybe a 7:30 PM departure from BNA. 

As compared to other markets from BNA that have received an increase in service I think BNA-DC Area has remained relatively stagnant over the years. Like I mentioned before AA upgauged to E175’s on the flight but that may just be part of overall fleet strategy from their Eagle partners. Allegiant starts BNA-IAD in late April, but only a few times per week. I can’t remember the last time any other new service was added in the area. 

15 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

It’s very likely that I’m wrong, I just based it off of personal experience. I’m not sure what the peak hours are, I normally fly BNA-DCA either early in the morning or later in the evening, and my return trips are almost always in the evening. I think the 30% flight was maybe a 7:30 PM departure from BNA. 

As compared to other markets from BNA that have received an increase in service I think BNA-DC Area has remained relatively stagnant over the years. Like I mentioned before AA upgauged to E175’s on the flight but that may just be part of overall fleet strategy from their Eagle partners. Allegiant starts BNA-IAD in late April, but only a few times per week. I can’t remember the last time any other new service was added in the area. 

Same here, I don't recall any major service additions (aside from post-pandemic returns) to that route. Unfortunately, DCA is pretty crowded as-is, and faces a huge NIMBY problem from some of my neighbors in Alexandria who didn't seem to notice that they moved next to the 26th busiest airport in the United States. Hopefully Allegiant will make the route more competitive fare-wise. I just did a random search for a few weeks out, using Thursday and Tuesday flight days (typically the cheapest), and it was $400-$500 round trip for non-stop flights on AA. At those fares, the wife and I are more likely to just take the 11 hour drive.

Strangely enough, I was in Knoxville last week for work and my round-trip flight was over $600 from DCA, purchased 3 weeks ahead of time! I literally could have flown internationally for a lower fare.

Edited by Nathan_in_DC

On 3/31/2022 at 2:39 PM, Nathan_in_DC said:

I agree,  I live about halfway between BWI and DCA but I tend to fly out of BWI more so than DCA to Nashville because BWI offers more direct flights via Southwest and they are typically less expensive than the Southwest flight out of DCA.  Plus parking at BWI is considerably cheaper at BWI than DCA.  The Southwest flights from BWI to Nashville are generally full minus some center seats scattered about.  Especially in the summer and fall months.  

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 1:55 PM, colemangaines said:

Frontier and Spirit Airlines to merge, which would create the fifth largest airline in the nation. Seems relevant to the findings Bob shared during Saturday's meeting.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/07/frontier-and-spirit-to-merge-creating-5th-largest-airline-in-us.html

JetBlue says "Not so fast"

JetBlue makes all-cash offer for Spirit Airlines, complicating planned Frontier tie-up

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/05/spirit-airlines-shares-spike-20percent-on-report-jetblue-has-made-bid-to-buy-airline.html

• Thanks 2