Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

14 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

BNA meet with Tokyo Narita executives

Environmental studies, FAA approval, TDOT (Murfreesboro Rd tunnel extension), and preliminary design work for 2L extension begins about March and will be 1.5 - 2 years to complete 

Next few years. 
Which fleets Flight to BNA from NRT? 

D14E3BAD-490C-4954-8C77-914295D0113D.jpeg
Or.....

B1CBAB7E-7309-4CBE-8760-37DFE3CAEE62.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog

Update. :yahoo:

Delta schedules limited-time A330 Nashville service in April 2020

By Jim Liu

Posted13 December 2019 02:00

Share this article

Delta Air Lines in early-April 2020 scheduled 2 wide-body service to Nashville, on board Airbus A330-200 aircraft. The Skyteam member plans to operate A330-200 westbound Atlanta – Nashville – Las Vegas on 03APR20, eastbound Las Vegas – Nashville – Atlanta on 06APR20.

Atlanta – Nashville 
DL466 ATL0900 – 0904BNA 332 03APR20
DL8783 BNA1700 – 1910ATL 332 06APR20

Las Vegas – Nashville 
DL479 BNA1200 – 1413LAS 332 03APR20
DL470 LAS1000 – 1534BNA 332 06APR20

1143CADD-5D94-4E32-B478-A3A5EE7C7C48.jpeg

22D4341A-CFC6-4689-8E56-B71C9DEE27C4.png

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 3

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/288160/british-airways-s20-london-heathrow-long-haul-changes-as-of-13dec19/

British Airways will begin using a 787-10 on the London Heathrow route from Nashville beginning in September 2020 (which has more capacity then their 777-200). It seems like this flight at least during the spring, summer and fall months is doing phenomenally well, especially since it is not even 2 years in and being upgraded like this. This is also British Airways’s airplane with the most premium capacity (business and first class seats). Again BNA started expanding too late haha.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, Sean blackdog said:

Delta schedules A220 Boston – Nashville service from May 2020

By Jim Liu

Posted17 September 2019 06:30

Share this article

Delta Air Lines earlier this month filed Airbus A220-100 service on Boston – Nashville route, scheduled from 01MAY20. 2 of 4 daily service will be operated by Airbus A220, replacing Republic Airways Embraer E175 aircraft.

DL401 BOS0730 – 0925BNA 221 x6
DL6059 BOS1055 – 1248BNA E75 D
DL3118 BOS1550 – 1741BNA 221 D
DL5930 BOS1900 – 2055BNA E75 x6

DL5872 BNA0630 – 1014BOS E75 x6
DL5882 BNA0900 – 1238BOS E75 6
DL401 BNA1005 – 1343BOS 221 x6
DL6059 BNA1415 – 1753BOS E75 D
DL3118 BNA1845 – 2222BOS 221 x6

Embraer E175 aircraft is operated by Republic Airways.

:yahoo:
3630A0CB-7DFA-4397-AF37-A05CB4636B6E.jpeg

Update. From Delta Airlines.  
Airbus A220-100
Detroit – Nashville eff 12MAR20 up to 3 daily (Except 07JUN20 – 04SEP20)
Minneapolis/St. Paul – Nashville 12MAR20 – 06APR20 1 daily
Previously planned Boston – Nashville A220 service from 01MAY20 has been removed. :(

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hey_Hey said:

Picked this up from a post over at Airliners.net: 

Allegiance Air will be adding nonstops from BNA to Bozeman, MT; Tulsa; Flint, MI; Pittsburgh; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks, SD; Sioux Falls, ND, Greensboro, NC; and Norfolk. 

Wow... that is one random assortment of cities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

Allegiance Air will be adding nonstops from BNA to Bozeman, MT; Tulsa; Flint, MI; Pittsburgh; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks, SD; Sioux Falls, ND, Greensboro, NC; and Norfolk. 

They got Grand Forks and Sioux Falls reversed.  Grand Forks is in ND, Sioux Falls is in SD.  Anyway, this is pretty cool news.  I've got friends in Bozeman and Greensboro who are excited for this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

Also an article about this in USA Today said that nonstop service to Peoria, Illinois will be added? Don’t know if that is an error or not.

In any case at this point there are only a few glaring holes in BNA’s Domestic Network, namely being in my opinion Sacramento, Santa Ana/Orange County, Hartford Connecticut, West Palm Beach, Cincinnati and Indianapolis along with others. However with Allegiant and Southwest (despite max issues) clearly wanting to expand at BNA I am fairly certain almost all of these destinations will be added in the near future. It’s actually phenomenal how far BNA has come in terms of the nonstop destinations in only the past 4-5 years!

That being said I am hoping that this growth domestically will also be paired with growth Internationally once the expanded International Arrivals facility is built in 2023. If amazon, like the rumors say on this forum, is actually wanting to expand to HQ3 type numbers of 10,000-15,000 employees then I can’t imagine that kind of large business move won’t come with at least some increased demand for international flights especially with the salaries they will be offering. In any case sorry for rambling and here’s hoping for continued growth and expansion for BNA in the future!

• Like 3

Today this morning from Facebook. 

NEW ROUTES: Allegiant will begin nonstop service to NINE destinations beginning in May and June. Check this out, and take advantage of some fantastic one-way fares! (Must purchase by Jan. 16.) 

➡️ MORE: https://www.flynashville.com/news-and-media/press-releases/Pages/Allegiant-Jan2020.aspx

2B644AED-4267-4C84-AEE5-42F72898EDB0.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 3

Allegiant currently has two weekly flights to and from Harrisburg, PA (of course I'm sure you all already knew that).  I have a brother who has a home about 20-30 minutes away from Harrisburg.  During the holidays we were trying to book a flight for my mother who lives in Nashville to Harrisburg and it was a little cumbersome to do because of their flights are on Sundays and Thursdays.  Even if we  were able to work around their flight schedule we still wouldn't have been able get her on one of those flights because by Thanksgiving they were booked.  We ended up flying her into Philly.  An Allegiant booking agent told me that the airline had thought about adding one additional flight during the holidays but wasn't able to get approval in time.  So, I suspect in 2020 Nashville just might see additional seasonal flights to and from select locations added to their schedules.  Right now you can't get a flight to Harrisburg on Allegiant until February 13th.  What's driving that type of volume this time of the year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m the one that got the Dakotas mixed up. They blur in my head. I also did not get the Peoria flight, and it looks like the Grand Forks flight is a special flight one time only like Sean mentioned. 

These flights can have pretty big implications for Nashville. These are pretty clearly setup to bring people to Nashville for leisure. Assuming they get just 125 people on each flight, that means we will have over 1000 people coming into Nashville each weekend on just these flights. It’s crazy to think, but the people Allegiant brings with this announcement could effectively fill a hotel like the new Embassy Suites downtown. 

• Like 4

Has anyone flown Allegiant before? My sister and her husband have a few times from Knoxville and the rates are good but they have always had multiple hour delays.

Also, will the expansion of the airport allow for BNA to take on more domestic lanes? If so, what is the capacity gain for the expansions?

2 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Has anyone flown Allegiant before? My sister and her husband have a few times from Knoxville and the rates are good but they have always had multiple hour delays.

Also, will the expansion of the airport allow for BNA to take on more domestic lanes? If so, what is the capacity gain for the expansions?

I've flown them on the Grand Rapids to BNA route and the Punta Gorda to BNA route.  Both were newish Airbus planes and no issues.  Would fly them again in a heartbeat.  Seat is a little thin on the padding, but much better than connecting with another airline.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bigeasy said:

I've used them several times and I was overall pleased with my experience.  Do they nickle and dime you?  Yes.  Is the overall experience lacking in luxury?  Yes.  But in the end, you do still generally save a pretty significant sum of money, and if you're just flying a couple hours there and back... I dunno... does it really matter if you have to pay for a pillow and don't have an in-flight movie?  I wouldn't fly an airline of that caliber to Mumbai or anything, but for a trip lasting only a few hours, I think they're just fine.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2