Jump to content

Lexy

Nashville International Airport (BNA), Airlines and Flights

Recommended Posts


4 hours ago, Craiger said:

@Sean blackdog It looks like British Airways will be bringing their new 787-10 to Nashville in September! Look forward to seeing a few of your photos when it gets here.  https://onemileatatime.com/british-airways-787-10/#british_airways_787-10_to_nashville 

New 787-10 all Year round? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

New 787-10 all Year round? 

Still looks to be 5x weekly (SMT_R_S) during the winter. But it appears that it will stay on the 787-10

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dxfret said:

JetBlue will resume BNA-JFK nonstop flights starting in April using Airbus A320 aircraft.   Two flights per day in each direction. 

JFK - BNA Flight #1073

8:00 a.m. – 9:39 a.m.

BNA - JFK Flight #1074
10:25 a.m. – 1:48 p.m.

JFK - BNA Flight #983
4:40 p.m. – 6:19 p.m.

BNA - JFK Flight #978
7:05 p.m. – 10:28 p.m. 

Which is why I'm trying to figure out their release calling it "new service." It was around from 2006-2008, so it's not a new route whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Still looks to be 5x weekly (SMT_R_S) during the winter. But it appears that it will stay on the 787-10

British Airways doesn’t add their winter schedule for the new year until June or July so this still possibly could change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spirit Airlines aircraft revision for new Cancun routes in 1Q20

By Jim Liu

Posted28 January 2020 09:00

Share this article

Spirit Airlines in recent weeks filed aircraft changes for its planned new routes to Cancun, scheduled in the first quarter of 2020. Latest adjustment as follows.

Austin – Cancun eff 26FEB20 4 weekly A319 (A320 from 22APR20; Previously plan: A320 from 26FEB20)
Cleveland – Cancun eff 14FEB20 4 weekly A319 (Previous plan: A320)
*Nashville – Cancun eff 27FEB20 3 weekly A319 (Previous plan: A320)
Philadelphia – Cancun eff 01MAR20 1 daily A320 (No changes)
Pittsburgh – Cancun eff 13FEB20 3 weekly A319 (Previous plan: A320)
 

*BNA changes fleet from A320 to A319. Only 145 seats. :D 

72FCEFD4-F403-45A7-BA2D-CEA8C22D7AEC.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AA can go to hell. I haven't flown them in years. For many reasons... not the least was that they abandoned BNA and then I interviewed for a corporate legal position in my last year at Duke. That company had the low class of making us candidates fly 'standby'. We finally arrived at DFW past midnight. I knew before the interview that I would never accept a position with that cheapskate company. I actually had a lot of fun at during those interviews b/c the pressure was off.  I've learned over the years that they are a terrible workplace. Their flight attendants always appear worn out and disgusted at something. Even their meals they serve compare poorly to the meals served on Delta, United and Jetblue. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

AA can go to hell. I haven't flown them in years. For many reasons... not the least was that they abandoned BNA and then I interviewed for a corporate legal position in my last year at Duke. That company had the low class of making us candidates fly 'standby'. We finally arrived at DFW past midnight. I knew before the interview that I would never accept a position with that cheapskate company. I actually had a lot of fun at during those interviews b/c the pressure was off.  I've learned over the years that they are a terrible workplace. Their flight attendants always appear worn out and disgusted at something. Even their meals they serve compare poorly to the meals served on Delta, United and Jetblue. 

I had a similar experience applying for a job at AA, but it was in Hartford where AA has (had?) their French marketing department in an office building in downtown Hartford.  I got the job, but the pay they offered was so ridiculously low it was insulting.  Then I applied for a similar job with Delta at their office in downtown Salt Lake, and it was almost double the salary.  I've been a Delta fan ever since.  I certainly hope AA will expand its presence at BNA but only because I love BNA, not because I love AA.  I flew AA to Paris a couple of years ago, and it was awful.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 months ago, I flew an AA long haul flight and - while I was not expecting a ribeye steak - I was stunned when I was served my meal: meatloaf

Although AA has a good partner network, they are almost my last choice. I've had really bad luck with them recently (example: after plane was fully boarded, it was discovered that no flight crew had been scheduled) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LA_TN said:

3 months ago, I flew an AA long haul flight and - while I was not expecting a ribeye steak - I was stunned when I was served my meal: meatloaf

Although AA has a good partner network, they are almost my last choice. I've had really bad luck with them recently (example: after plane was fully boarded, it was discovered that no flight crew had been scheduled) 

AA’s partner airlines British Airways is miles better than American will ever be. My flight back to New York on American across the pond was more cramped and uncomfortable than my flight from London to Nashville on British Airways, and American was flying a bigger plane!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The size of an aircraft does not always dictate passenger comfort level.  Class of service, seat location and load factors are more important than aircraft type/size.  For example, 2 abreast seating on a 767 or A330 series will always be more comfortable than 3 abreast seating.  I find economy class on all carriers to be roughly the same. British Airways economy is consistently terrible, especially on their very old 777 aircraft and on intra-Europe routes.  AA and BA are pretty much equally bad. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update. 
 

Cape Air delays Tecnam P2012 Nashville service to March 2020

By Jim Liu

Posted5 February 2020 09:40

Cape Air has delayed planned service entry of Tecnam P2012 Traveller aircraft at Nashville. The airline on 22JAN20 launched service to Marion and Owensboro, however service is operated by Cessna aircraft.

Following service at Nashville will gradually move to Tecnam P2012 aircraft in March and April 2020.

Nashville – Marion IL eff 04MAR20 Tecnam P2012 Traveller replaces Cessna
9K1130 BNA0954 – 1115MWA T12 x67
9K1121 BNA1719 – 1840MWA T12 x67

9K1120 MWA0738 – 0859BNA T12 x67
9K1133 MWA1503 – 1624BNA T12 x67

Nashville – Owensboro eff 01APR20 Tecnam P2012 Traveller replaces Cessna
9K1290 BNA0854 – 0955OWB T12 x7
9K1290 BNA1049 – 1150OWB T12 7
9K1287 BNA1819 – 1920OWB T12 x7
9K1287 BNA1908 – 2009OWB T12 7

9K1280 OWB0735 – 0829BNA T12 x7
9K1280 OWB0900 – 0954BNA T12 7
9K1291 OWB1630 – 1724BNA T12 x7
9K1291 OWB1719 – 1813BNA T12 7
 
Only 9 seats  :D

 

489AE1F2-355B-4135-AB7A-3A3B98B89025.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update. 
 

Ultimate Air Shuttle to expand to Nashville and Cleveland

By Natalya Daoud | February 8, 2020 at 12:58 PM EST - Updated February 8 at 12:58 PM 

CINCINNATI (FOX19) -Ultimate Air Shuttle will be expanding its public charter service to Nashville and Cleveland in March. 

Starting March 6, Ultimate Air Shuttle will depart from Lunken Airport to Nashville International Airport Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 9:40 a.m.

A round trip ticket will cost a total of $548 and a one-way ticket will cost $274. The company will offer a $199 special for a one-way fare on the weekend.

“Our business and leisure customers have requested service to Nashville for a long time. All of us here at Ultimate Air Shuttle are excited to finally begin the only nonstop flight to Nashville from Cincinnati. Passengers will enjoy the same FBO experience when they arrive at BNA as they have enjoyed at LUK the last 10 years” said Rick Pawlak, Senior Vice President of Ultimate Air Shuttle. “We are expanding our Cleveland schedule to keep up with customer demand. "We are always listening and evolving to best serve our customers. The schedule is built to serve the business community here in Cincinnati and Nashville.”

The flights to Cleveland will start departing March 16. Flights will run Monday through Friday mid-morning, mid-afternoon and evening. 
 
A round trip ticket from Cincinnati to Cleveland will cost $428 and a one-way ticket will cost $214. 

Tickets can be purchased on their website or by calling 800-437-3931.

 

FF7C62F9-A306-455C-BD02-227EA5F56E53.jpeg
Fairchild Dornier 328JET Only 30 seats. :D

E9FDA522-108B-49C3-A7A4-1AF8C1293DA0.png

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More from NBJ

Feb. 14, 2020
Airline lands in Williamson County with 345 office jobs

Since October 2019, Spirit Airlines has been flying routes into and out of Nashville International Airport. The airline offers six nonstop routes today and is soon adding four more, including Austin and Los Angeles.

The newest airline to start flying in and out of Nashville International Airport is now transporting a big office from its Florida home and touching down in Williamson County.

Spirit Airlines Inc. (NYSE: SAVE) announced on Feb. 13 that it's negotiating to lease 49,000 square feet of office space at an unspecified location in what is Davidson County's affluent southern neighbor and the home of the region's suburban corporate office hub, Cool Springs.

Spirit, which began nonstop routes at BNA last fall, is moving its operational control center from the Miami area. Spirit is bringing more than 240 existing jobs from that facility and announced plans to add another 100 over the next five years.

By that total pledged headcount of 345 workers, Spirit's office will amount to one of Williamson County's largest jobs announcements in years from a company that is new to the region. Last year, officials with Williamson Inc., which is the county's economic development agency and chamber of commerce, recruited the North American headquarters of Mitsubishi Motors and its 200 jobs to Cool Springs.

Incentives for Spirit were not immediately disclosed. Spirit officials said they're investing $11.3 million to make the move.

“Nashville clearly came out on top in a nationwide search due to geographic location, business climate and its growing aviation sector," said Ted Christie, the airline's president and CEO.

For now, Spirit is only describing its landing spot as "Williamson County." Its move is scheduled to be completed by early 2021. That timeframe creates the prospect that Spirit will choose one of a few new office buildings in the county, such as Boyle Investment Co.'s McEwen Northside development (where Mitsubishi is going) or possibly Highwoods Properties Inc.'s Virginia Springs building that's under construction in Brentwood and set to open in the fourth quarter of 2020.

Or, Spirit could pick one of the many comparatively older, existing buildings with space currently available. There's well more than 1 million square feet of vacant office space in the Franklin/Cool Springs part of the county, according to statistics from real estate brokerage firm Cushman & Wakefield.

Spirit's operational control center is open around-the-clock, overseeing the airline's 650-plus daily flights to 77 cities in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean. The center's functions include flight dispatch, scheduling crews and maintenance, aircraft routing, coordinating with air traffic control, and customer service.

Spirit plans to double its fleet of aircraft, to 300, over the next five years — one factor spurring the need for the extra jobs the airline expects to create at its new Williamson County outpost over that same time frame.

While moving some jobs to Williamson County, Spirit also is investing $250 million to build a new corporate headquarters near the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean blackdog said:

More from NBJ

Feb. 14, 2020
Airline lands in Williamson County with 345 office jobs

Since October 2019, Spirit Airlines has been flying routes into and out of Nashville International Airport. The airline offers six nonstop routes today and is soon adding four more, including Austin and Los Angeles.

The newest airline to start flying in and out of Nashville International Airport is now transporting a big office from its Florida home and touching down in Williamson County.

Spirit Airlines Inc. (NYSE: SAVE) announced on Feb. 13 that it's negotiating to lease 49,000 square feet of office space at an unspecified location in what is Davidson County's affluent southern neighbor and the home of the region's suburban corporate office hub, Cool Springs.

Spirit, which began nonstop routes at BNA last fall, is moving its operational control center from the Miami area. Spirit is bringing more than 240 existing jobs from that facility and announced plans to add another 100 over the next five years.

By that total pledged headcount of 345 workers, Spirit's office will amount to one of Williamson County's largest jobs announcements in years from a company that is new to the region. Last year, officials with Williamson Inc., which is the county's economic development agency and chamber of commerce, recruited the North American headquarters of Mitsubishi Motors and its 200 jobs to Cool Springs.

Incentives for Spirit were not immediately disclosed. Spirit officials said they're investing $11.3 million to make the move.

“Nashville clearly came out on top in a nationwide search due to geographic location, business climate and its growing aviation sector," said Ted Christie, the airline's president and CEO.

For now, Spirit is only describing its landing spot as "Williamson County." Its move is scheduled to be completed by early 2021. That timeframe creates the prospect that Spirit will choose one of a few new office buildings in the county, such as Boyle Investment Co.'s McEwen Northside development (where Mitsubishi is going) or possibly Highwoods Properties Inc.'s Virginia Springs building that's under construction in Brentwood and set to open in the fourth quarter of 2020.

Or, Spirit could pick one of the many comparatively older, existing buildings with space currently available. There's well more than 1 million square feet of vacant office space in the Franklin/Cool Springs part of the county, according to statistics from real estate brokerage firm Cushman & Wakefield.

Spirit's operational control center is open around-the-clock, overseeing the airline's 650-plus daily flights to 77 cities in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean. The center's functions include flight dispatch, scheduling crews and maintenance, aircraft routing, coordinating with air traffic control, and customer service.

Spirit plans to double its fleet of aircraft, to 300, over the next five years — one factor spurring the need for the extra jobs the airline expects to create at its new Williamson County outpost over that same time frame.

While moving some jobs to Williamson County, Spirit also is investing $250 million to build a new corporate headquarters near the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

This is great news for middle Tennessee and its growing reputation as a center for logistical companies!

Edited by Mr_Bond
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.