Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

19 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

My gosh I love the 747.  It's good to see them at BNA.  But what on earth was an Azerbaijani cargo plane doing at BNA?  Does that happen very often?

Arrived from Frankfurt, Germany. 8 hrs & 48 mins to flight.   The airline is based in Azerbaijan. It cargo jets.  :whistling:

Edited by Sean blackdog

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

And that's a reason why I have zero interest flying into that airport. Every person I know that goes in/out of there describe it as pretty rough.

Yeah, I've had several people tell me that taking off at John Wayne is the scariest moment they've had flying.

4 hours ago, 21jump said:

Yeah, I've had several people tell me that taking off at John Wayne is the scariest moment they've had flying.

Landing at Keflavik (10) tops it for me mainly because it's (300')ocean-ocean-ocean-(100')-land-(minimums)land-runway, but JWA was pretty nuts on departure. Princes Juliana on St. Maartin is also interesting for that reason and a similar takeoff to JWA. 

• Like 1

Several times I've flown in and out of Toncontin Airport in Tegucigalpa, Honduaras, which many consider one of the most deadly runways in the world. It's a steep left turn and drop down into a valley, which is difficult to begin with, but then the wind currents, rain, and fog can cause even more trauma. Watch this clip and you'll get a sense of it:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-iba-syn&hsimp=yhs-syn&hspart=iba&p=Dangerous+airport+in+Honduras#id=4&vid=a4946447611b13fd8c4ce602a2168051&action=view

• Like 2

22 hours ago, markhollin said:

Several times I've flown in and out of Toncontin Airport in Tegucigalpa, Honduaras, which many consider one of the most deadly runways in the world. It's a steep left turn and drop down into a valley, which is difficult to begin with, but then the wind currents, rain, and fog can cause even more trauma. 

That one is very well known, indeed

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unsurprisingly, British Airways has axed an August return to BNA, along with multiple other US cities not considered gateways. They're still committed to returning to BNA.

These include the following: Austin (AUS), Baltimore-Washington (BWI), Las Vegas-McCarran (LAS), Louis Armstrong New Orleans (MSY), Pittsburgh (PIT),  San Diego (SAN),  & San Jose (SJC). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

That probably has to do with the fact that the EU has put a ban on US travelers to Europe.

Potentially, but all flights were to either Heathrow or Gatwick. The UK is no longer part of the European Union as of 31JAN2020. 

There are still multiple flights per day from some airports, such as DFW, LAX,  & IAH, to name a few.