Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

Huh, funny. I saw this one on final as it flew over Nolensville/OHB and couldn't for the life of me figure out why an A320 was so low at that point. Pulled up flightaware and realized that no, in fact, it was an A330 but had no idea why one would originate out of Atlanta.

Thanks for filling me in @Sean blackdog

• Like 1

I don’t think this is correct.  British Airways, along with other international carriers, continue to have very limited passenger flights to/from the USA because of COVID-19.  I’ve checked airline sources and see nothing about this.  In fact BA still shows no planned service to many other US cities including Austin, Pittsburgh, New Orleans.   This also makes no sense since we are approaching winter which is always the slowest travel period of the year and COVID cases are currently spiking in the UK and Europe.  If we are very lucky the flight may return next summer at the earliest. 

I noticed on Wikipedia from  BNA.

Nov. 2 2020. 
Orange County, CA  by  Southwest Airlines 

Nov. 4 2020.   (Seasonal only)
Phoenix-Sky Harbor, AZ by Americans Airlines    

Nov. 23, 2020  (Seasonal only)  
Salt Lake City, UT  by Southwest Airlines 

March 11, 2021   (Resumes)
Hartford, CT by Southwest Airlines    
>BDL to BNA: Departs 3 p.m. (EST); Arrives 4:50 p.m. (CST)  
>BNA to BDL: Departs 10:25 a.m. (CST); Arrives 2:05 p.m. (EST)   
03C192B5-1DC2-4BD1-AE93-7C22C600531E.jpeg

March 13, 2021    
San Juan, Puerto Rico by Southwest Airlines 

Edited by Sean blackdog

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

Southwest Airlines will offer non-stop service between Nashville and Harford, CT starting in March.  First such service since 2011.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/transportation/aviation/article/21143925/southwest-to-connect-nashville-hartford

They probably could've mentioned the seasonal service to Salt Lake City (SLC) in there as well that starts later in the year. 

Also, it appears Norfolk (ORF) is going from seasonal to year-round, per booking calendar.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NashRugger said:

Southwest picks up BNA-ORD effective March 1, 2021. The other launch cities for this new airport service include Dallas-Love Field (DAL), Baltimore-Washington (BWI), Denver (DEN), & Phoenix-Sky Harbor (PHX).

Update. I check from Wikipedia. Change date. 
BNA-ORD February 21, 2021. 
Not March 1, 2021. 

7 hours ago, NashRugger said:

Southwest picks up BNA-ORD effective March 1, 2021. The other launch cities for this new airport service include Dallas-Love Field (DAL), Baltimore-Washington (BWI), Denver (DEN), & Phoenix-Sky Harbor (PHX).

Oh wow, I didn't even realize Southwest was headed to O'hare!  The Midway execs must be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.  

10 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Oh wow, I didn't even realize Southwest was headed to O'hare!  The Midway execs must be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.  

I’m assuming they’re adding service to O’Hare, not replacing the Midway service with O’Hare. Southwest has just announced that in Houston they’re adding service out of Bush Intercontinental, but they remain the primary carrier out of Hobby Airport. Seems a smart move to have service from both sides of town.

• Like 1