Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

27 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

How likely is it that alaska airlines cuts the sfo to nashville route. I have heard both that the loads on those flights are steadily improving and that they are doing badly, so i really dont know what to believe or not. They cut indianapolis and they may do so for nashville and raleigh in the future, however i believe nashville with the tourism and raleigh with the technology will keep the routes around, but im not sure.

As of March the LF’s for AS’s SFO-BNA route are in the mid 60%s going from BNA to SFO and in the mid 80%s from SFO to BNA. So somewhere in the mid 70%s in total. Not worth cutting considering the traffic is only increasing and it bodes for AS to increase their eastern US presence, but they’ve been chopping the Virgin routes so who knows. That airline is kind of a headcase right now. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

3 hours ago, dxfret said:

There have been consistent rumors that Delta Air Lines is planning to add a nonstop flight  from BNA to either Paris (CDG) or Amsterdam (AMS) soon.  This would be in line with Delta recently naming BNA as an official focus city and the large expansion of the Delta Sky Club.  Any updated information?

I’ve been seeing that rumor here and on a.net for like 3 years. I’ll believe it when I see it.

American is apparently mainlining one of their DCA flights beginning next month. 

• Like 3

@dxfret, what @Pdt2f said ^^ and rumor is circling DL to CDG beginning May. I have heard that locally and online. Yep, believe it when I see it. AMS would be the first choice of many here in Nashville

Still hearing NH and JL interested in, say, 2028. The odd thing is there appears to be a push for ICN service as they have a world class airport/facility/runways and it appears they are pushing for ICN to go way over 100 m pax. That could be DL or KE. I would absolutely love that because ICN is a far superior facility than NRT, HKG, etc.

It's gonna get really interesting to watch MU and CZ expand into US markets over the next 5-10 years and how well international markets embrace PVG and PEK. PEK should become the #1 airport in the world very soon. The way things are going, our next international flight could be CZ to CAN! Yeah, that's crazy to consider 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

@dxfret, what @Pdt2f said ^^ and rumor is circling DL to CDG beginning May. I have heard that locally and online. Yep, believe it when I see it. AMS would be the first choice of many here in Nashville

Still hearing NH and JL interested in, say, 2028. The odd thing is there appears to be a push for ICN service as they have a world class airport/facility/runways and it appears they are pushing for ICN to go way over 100 m pax. That could be DL or KE. I would absolutely love that because ICN is a far superior facility than NRT, HKG, etc.

It's gonna get really interesting to watch MU and CZ expand into US markets over the next 5-10 years and how well international markets embrace PVG and PEK. PEK should become the #1 airport in the world very soon. The way things are going, our next international flight could be CZ to CAN! Yeah, that's crazy to consider 

A nonstop from BNA to CAN would be the flight from hell.  That would be, what, about 17 hours?  But it would be fun to use that airport.  The first time I flew into CAN, the airport was so primitive, there wasn't even a baggage claim; they just put everyone's suitcases onto the tarmac right outside the plane.  And that was on an old CAAC 747 from PEK (CAAC = Civil Aviation Administration of China, the original state-owned airline of the PRC).   And now CAN has 70 million passengers per year.   The Pearl River Delta has got to be one of the most crowded and fastest-growing airspaces in the world with around 220 million passengers in 5 airports in an area smaller than Middle Tennessee, and the Guangdong Province leaders want to see CAN become the main international hub for the region instead of HKG.  They will definitely be looking for new North American markets to feed their growing airport.

https://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2018/03/12/guangzhou-airport-eyes-main-hub-status-in-pearl-river-delta/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

A nonstop from BNA to CAN would be the flight from hell.  That would be, what, about 17 hours?  But it would be fun to use that airport.  The first time I flew into CAN, the airport was so primitive, there wasn't even a baggage claim; they just put everyone's suitcases onto the tarmac right outside the plane.  And that was on an old CAAC 747 from PEK (CAAC = Civil Aviation Administration of China, the original state-owned airline of the PRC).   And now CAN has 70 million passengers per year.   The Pearl River Delta has got to be one of the most crowded and fastest-growing airspaces in the world with around 220 million passengers in 5 airports in an area smaller than Middle Tennessee, and the Guangdong Province leaders want to see CAN become the main international hub for the region instead of HKG.  They will definitely be looking for new North American markets to feed their growing airport.

https://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2018/03/12/guangzhou-airport-eyes-main-hub-status-in-pearl-river-delta/

That's about right, thinking BNA to, say, TYO is 14, so HKG/CAN should be 16 ish. Cool article. HKG has the 3rd runway well underway, but that city has SO many unanswered questions right now that it is impossible to predict anything. It is possible pax and - especially - cargo numbers drop as CAN grows exponentially. Will China ever embrace CX? (I know, preaching to the choir) Hong Kong will retain the seaport volume, but HKG is now a 20 yr old airport red-headed stepchild competing with the new cool siblings PEK/CAN/PVG and we all know who daddy will NOT pick!

Ughh, for everyone else, the point of this discussion is that China airlines and airports are growing SO FAST that BNA could possibly get a flight to China long before Tokyo/S. Korea/Singapore

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, LA_TN said:

Ughh, for everyone else, the point of this discussion is that China airlines and airports are growing SO FAST that BNA could possibly get a flight to China long before Tokyo/S. Korea/Singapore

I don't see a flight from China to Nashville as being particularly likely.  There is no demand for that, in my opinion.  I could see a Mexico City, Frankfurt, or Dublin route landing at BNA long before contemplating a flight from China.

• Like 1

Southwest Airlines is rapidly growing it’s schedule at BNA and wants to take over all gates in both the C & D concourses.  For this to happen American Airlines will have to relocate both its gates and the Admiral Club in Concourse C — likely to a rebuilt and expanded A Concourse.   This will be at least two years away. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This thread smells of condescension.  I'm not in the airline business, but I would like to follow the developments in it as they pertain to our town. So would you please quit using the three-letter identifiers for the airports and the two-letter code for the airlines and just simply spell them so that I too can understand and enjoy this thread?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

Is there anything else you want us to dumb down so you can understand? Three letter identifiers are completely standard in any discussion between mildly interested aviation enthusiasts. 

Well...even though I don't feel it's condescending, I do understand how when foreign airports are listed (especially)...the novice has to Google search and it can be confusing.  But...it's actually helped me learn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fxvol said:

This thread smells of condescension.  I'm not in the airline business, but I would like to follow the developments in it as they pertain to our town. So would you please quit using the three-letter identifiers for the airports and the two-letter code for the airlines and just simply spell them so that I too can understand and enjoy this thread?

Will do

• Like 2

19 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

Saw an Allegiant Air A320 land at Smyrna. Origin was Asheville. Charter, I'm assuming. Anyone know some details?

So I checked the flight tracker and saw that shortly after landing in Smyrna, this plane left for an airport in suburban Detroit (Willow Run)....which happens to be about 10-15 miles from Ann Arbor. MTSU plays Michigan on Saturday. I check MTSU Football twitter.

Lo and behold.

https://twitter.com/MT_FB/status/1167542964530364418

Edited by UTgrad09
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, fxvol said:

This hardly smells of condescension in any way.  Most people don’t have to be in the airline business to know that BNA is the code for Nashville International Airport, and that codes like AA, DL, UA and WN refer to American, Delta, United and Southwest Airlines.  When in doubt Google is your friend.

• Like 3