Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

On 1/17/2022 at 10:05 PM, Sean blackdog said:

B740E604-EB49-4223-A70A-7FCE35A5C1F2.jpeg

What part of town is in the back ground of this shot?  If you look right above the nose cone of the jet it almost looks like there is some kind of orthodox church, and then a hillside rising above that.  I can't figure out which direction you are looking here...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Armacing said:

What part of town is in the back ground of this shot?  If you look right above the nose cone of the jet it almost looks like there is some kind of orthodox church, and then a hillside rising above that.  I can't figure out which direction you are looking here...

Oh, I was parking  on 6 level at Terminal Garage 2. :whistling:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Oh, I was parking  on 6 level at Terminal Garage 2. :whistling:

Wow, so your telephoto lens captured the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox church in the background, which is located on Franklin road, and the hills behind that are Oak Hill neighborhoods/Radnor Lake hills.   That's some compaction of about 6 to 7 miles of distance (as the crow flies) into a single scene!

• Like 1

^ ^ ^   The twice-weekly routes via BNA will begin in April and are part of a greater service effort that also will see Allegiant ramp up or unveil flights involving Austin and San Diego, among other cities.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/tourism/allegiant-to-connect-nashville-to-d-c-providence-roanoke/article_521d16f0-8381-11ec-a27c-5f13c4c1f202.html

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^   The twice-weekly routes via BNA will begin in April and are part of a greater service effort that also will see Allegiant ramp up or unveil flights involving Austin and San Diego, among other cities.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/tourism/allegiant-to-connect-nashville-to-d-c-providence-roanoke/article_521d16f0-8381-11ec-a27c-5f13c4c1f202.html

I can’t get past the paywall but a quick glance at the Allegiant website showed me that all three flights will operate on Sunday’s and Thursdays. 

https://simpleflying.com/allegiants-interesting-expansion/

About time Nashville to Providence returns

The 906-mile (1,458km) airport-pair is an obvious market. Southwest served it for many years until November 2011. It remained unserved until Sun Country launched it in April 2019, but it ended in October the same year. It is possible this was from underperformance or, being summer-seasonal, the forthcoming pandemic.

A look at Nashville to Roanoke

Nashville to Roanoke, in contrast, might raise eyebrows. At about 381 miles (613km), it’s a reasonably short market – it’ll be Allegiant’s 13th shortest in the week it begins, OAG data shows. It’s about a 6.5-hour drive, so a reasonable distance by road. 
The service will operate on Thursday’s and Sunday’s from April 21 through August 14. Flights depart Nashville at 7:30 a.m. and arrive in Roanoke at 10:00 a.m. and then depart Roanoke at 10:50 a.m. and arrive in Nashville at 11:25 a.m.

61137C5D-05BD-47C1-BA12-BE536360686D.jpeg

• Like 3

BNA-ROA seems like an odd route. The Metro area only has about 300k population. And the frequency seems like it's only geared to weekend tourists, with little to no commuter business travel. And with that drive being less than 7 hours it's only going to catch people within about an hour drive of the Roanoke airport. They will have to make some pretty crazy low fares to make it worth it. I mean, they must have done the market research and assumed that they could make money off of the route, and maybe they'll pick up a few people using Nashville as a connector with carryon luggage (but that's limited since they don't seem to do any codeshares), but I just don't see how they're going to make much money off this one.

Frontier and Spirit Airlines to merge, which would create the fifth largest airline in the nation. Seems relevant to the findings Bob shared during Saturday's meeting.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/07/frontier-and-spirit-to-merge-creating-5th-largest-airline-in-us.html

Add to that the fight to land the corporate HQ will be hotly contested. BNA could very well be in the running and I could see the state really throwing down to compete against Colorado and Florida, where they’re respectively located currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 6:38 AM, Nathan_in_DC said:

BNA-ROA seems like an odd route. The Metro area only has about 300k population. And the frequency seems like it's only geared to weekend tourists, with little to no commuter business travel. And with that drive being less than 7 hours it's only going to catch people within about an hour drive of the Roanoke airport. They will have to make some pretty crazy low fares to make it worth it. I mean, they must have done the market research and assumed that they could make money off of the route, and maybe they'll pick up a few people using Nashville as a connector with carryon luggage (but that's limited since they don't seem to do any codeshares), but I just don't see how they're going to make much money off this one.

Perfect for my brother and sister in law who teach at Virginia Tech with family here in Nashville.   I know this route won't last, but we'll use it for our family while we can

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning. 
https://thepointsguy.com/news/swoop-airline-us-expansion-nonstop-flights/

New Airlines to BNA. 
Swoop is also adding Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR), San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Nashville International Airport (BNA) to its U.S. map. Burbank flights will operate to Edmonton (YEG) three days a week starting June 23, with San Francisco flights operating to Edmonton four days a week starting June 6. Nashville flights will operate five days a week to Toronto starting May 26 and twice weekly to Edmonton starting June 19.

F426E91B-CD58-42AF-BCED-9296FEF8A60A.thumb.jpeg.17ea88443671b703791e45737bd6118c.jpeg

BDD0C3B7-F7DC-4E33-978C-22012EEF14EF.jpeg.e6a3591515aa4bcd6959f9315338d120.jpeg

So we’ll have 4 separate carriers flying BNA-Toronto-Pearson? There can’t be that much demand. I haven’t checked recently but apparently travel to and from Canada right now is a pain in the rear. Hopefully things start to loosen up by the time Flair and Swoop start these flights. 

• Like 1

These Canadian ULCCs are hedging on YYZ-BNA, which will drive down prices further on Air Canada but also could have them respond with upgauging aircraft size. Swoop is the ULCC of WestJet, so this is direct fire at new competitor Flair Airlines. 

Hurry, someone call Shania Twain to be the BNA ambassador to Canadian tourists!

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

So we’ll have 4 separate carriers flying BNA-Toronto-Pearson? There can’t be that much demand. I haven’t checked recently but apparently travel to and from Canada right now is a pain in the rear. Hopefully things start to loosen up by the time Flair and Swoop start these flights. 

I'm flying Delta to Paris over the summer, and every single flight option had me go from BNA to Toronto on WestJet and then take an Air France flight to CDG.  I kept looking for BNA-ATL-CDG or BNA-DTW-CDG or BNA-JFK-CDG but, without exception, the cheapest tickets were all through YYZ.  Going and coming.  I have no idea why Delta is pushing YYZ so hard, but it is, at least on the dates I was looking at.  

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

I'm flying Delta to Paris over the summer, and every single flight option had me go from BNA to Toronto on WestJet and then take an Air France flight to CDG.  I kept looking for BNA-ATL-CDG or BNA-DTW-CDG or BNA-JFK-CDG but, without exception, the cheapest tickets were all through YYZ.  Going and coming.  I have no idea why Delta is pushing YYZ so hard, but it is, at least on the dates I was looking at.  

That’s crazy! I guess fares on the route are so depressed that it’s just the cheapest option? I remember back when AC was the only choice on the route how expensive it was. Like $800 round trip on a CRJ-200 expensive. All that competition has its merits. 
It is surprising that DL would route you away from ATL and DTW. Like I thought the whole point of offering 20,000 daily flights to everywhere from here to Jupiter from ATL was the connection aspect. 

10 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

That's what I was thinking.  Also strange to me that we now have four flights to Toronto and three to Edmonton/Calgary but zero combined to Montreal, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Ottawa etc. etc.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 3:59 PM, jmtunafish said:

Toronto's international gates are well done and easy to use compared to the nightmares in Atlanta or Kennedy.  You will be pleased, the only easier option, believe it or not, for a European connection is Detroit.  Its small and very nice overall.  Of course, the connections are limited. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

Toronto's international gates are well done and easy to use compared to the nightmares in Atlanta or Kennedy.  You will be pleased, the only easier option, believe it or not, for a European connection is Detroit.  Its small and very nice overall.  Of course, the connections are limited. 

Seconded.  Pearson is a delight to use.  Montreal International is very much not.  Both times I've used it for connecting flights we literally had to be lead through the airport to our next gate by a lady with a sign, like we were touring The Roman Coliseum or something.  We didn't ask for that or anything, that was just the default for them because the signage was so spotty and the gates were so far apart.

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Seconded.  Pearson is a delight to use.  Montreal International is very much not.  Both times I've used it for connecting flights we literally had to be lead through the airport to our next gate by a lady with a sign, like we were touring The Roman Coliseum or something.  We didn't ask for that or anything, that was just the default for them because the signage was so spotty and the gates were so far apart.

I connected in Miami airport once when going to Costa Rica and it was awful and my flight was delayed like 12 hours, now I live here and flying through the same airport isn't that bad weirdly enough.

That being said I usually use Fort Lauderdale because I can't stand American Airlines and sadly they have a hub here. Most of their partner airlines fly out of Miami though and they are all wonderful.

Was just going to say... American Airlines uses that for a hub, and I've never flown on AA to an international destination when I didn't have to wait several hours beyond the scheduled departure.  Once I sat in the plane (pushed back) for five hours before  leaving for London. That was the last time!!!! I swore at that point I'll go through another EU hub to avoid American AIrlines.  And yes, the last few times I've gone to South Florida, I've gone in/out FLL.  Can you tell I hate AA?  I know a former exec who told me they are penny-pinchers, even to the point of compromising safety... YIKES!  Hope that's not the case. He is a "former" exec!  He's the same guy (of two classmates at Duke MBA) who was slated to interview with AA in Ft. Worth... and they put those guys on standby flights out of RDU.   They waited for several hours before the got seats on a flight.  He mitched and boaned about it for weeks after that then ended up taking their offer. LOL... go figure.

Edited by MLBrumby