Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

Wow, New Haven is the smallest airport I have ever flown through, surprised to see them get some many destinations. Pretty sure when I was there a few years ago there were only about 5 staff in the whole place including 2-3 TSA.

1 hour ago, GregH said:

Wow, New Haven is the smallest airport I have ever flown through, surprised to see them get some many destinations. Pretty sure when I was there a few years ago there were only about 5 staff in the whole place including 2-3 TSA.

If I recall, AA was the only major airline operating out of New Haven.  I believe most of AA's service was regional.  You could fly to New York or Boston then connect elsewhere.  Most people in that area tend to fly out of Hartford. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

If I recall, AA was the only major airline operating out of New Haven.  I believe most of AA's service was regional.  You could fly to New York or Boston then connect elsewhere.  Most people in that area tend to fly out of Hartford. 

This is my recollection as well except I think it was only flights to Philly.

On 4/30/2022 at 11:50 AM, Binbin98 said:

I think it was LAX rather than BOS but yeah.

Nashville sorely lacks another transatlantic flight to compete with BA.

I don't know if this is due to lack of competition or not but I thought the direct flight would be something I wanted to use but the fact is, for whatever reason, it is actually more expensive than just connecting at a major hub. For business travel that isn't on my own dime the direct is a no-brainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glamdring269 said:

I don't know if this is due to lack of competition or not but I thought the direct flight would be something I wanted to use but the fact is, for whatever reason, it is actually more expensive than just connecting at a major hub. For business travel that isn't on my own dime the direct is a no-brainer.

It's been mentioned here before, but I'd love to see an Air France flight to Paris. I feel like any international service is going to be through a foreign airline, I don't see any of the US big three opening a flight outside of the US from BNA, though AA would probably be most likely out of any. I'd love to see a flight to Japan, but that's almost certainly not going to happen any time in the near future, regardless of the business connections between Middle TN and Japan. Same for Germany...I just don't see a Lufthansa flight to Munich or Frankfurt starting any time soon.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from SimpleFlying  

https://simpleflying.com/british-airways-nashville-return-boeing-787/amp/

BNA still waiting for British Airways Airbus a350-1000. :ermm:

I flew in/out of Austin Bergstrom over the weekend and taxied out ahead of BA's A350 to LHR, and let me tell you, that thing is pretty massive. 

It'll take time for BA to entertain the notion of BNA receiving their most premium new aircraft. It has a stately elegance that the A380 simply doesn't have. 

On 5/14/2022 at 4:54 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Any direct flight to Asia from Nashville is a long ways off. Even I will be old by then XD

Currently service to Asia from america is abysmal, there aren’t even direct flights anymore from New York to shanghai or Taipei. Once traffic to Asia recovers maybe Nashville has a shot to Japan but cities like Miami and Philadelphia and Phoenix will likely get Asia service before Nashville will. 

There was a Taiwanese airline called Starlux that was supposed to fly direct to Miami at the end of this year but now I doubt that will happen soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Any direct flight to Asia from Nashville is a long ways off. Even I will be old by then XD

Currently service to Asia from america is abysmal, there aren’t even direct flights anymore from New York to shanghai or Taipei. Once traffic to Asia recovers maybe Nashville has a shot to Japan but cities like Miami and Philadelphia and Phoenix will likely get Asia service before Nashville will. 

There was a Taiwanese airline called Starlux that was supposed to fly direct to Miami at the end of this year but now I doubt that will happen soon.

I checked for flights from Houston to Tokyo and it appears non stop flights from Bush Intercontinental resume in July. Currently every date I checked shows one or two stops.

• Like 1