Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

15 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

That’s a cargo airline I’ve not heard of before!

I believe they were the last domestic users of the 747-200F, which they retired like 3-4 years ago. Also, the aircraft used in the movie Air Force One was a re-painted Kalitta 747-200. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Both the Atlas and British Airways flights took very low approaches last night. I was out mowing my yard and I could clearly read the lettering on the side of both planes (granted the Atlas is very easy to read). Sometimes they manage to shake the whole house haha.

1 hour ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Is British Airways doing daily service to LHR now?

Not to pile on, but the sheer volume of non-thumbnailed photos does kind of bury the conversation and makes the page slow to load on slower connections. I like the pics of new and interesting aircraft, but maybe tone it back a tish for the ones that you already have posted a lot of pictures of, @Sean blackdog?

All the pics should just be a separate thread in the "coffee house" section and not on here, to be honest. I get the enthusiasm and such, but at this point it's just clutter and not useful/informative at all. Unless it's a new airline or what not, have a pics-only thread elsewhere and not in this one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m also surprised at the rather hostile tone of a moderator.  It’s simply user feedback about repetitive photos material that tend to clutter up this thread.  Apparently user feedback isn’t welcomed as I had commented about this earlier this week and my comment, along with another member post, were suddenly removed with no notification, comment or message.  

• Like 4

• smeagolsfree changed the title to Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights

OK Guys, there are two threads. There have always been two threads. I just changed the title of this thread to make it easier on everyone to understand what the threads are for.  The original thread was started by one of the old timers of those board who was a photographer!

No more questions. Conversations about BNA can be directed to the other thread and interesting photos and flight information to this one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/1/2022 at 2:14 PM, Bos2Nash said:

Well the suggestion has been considered before and this thread was created based on suggestions so that we could move photos and flight information out the general Airport thread. They are already truncated, they are in their own posts. If people don't like them, you can very easily skip the thread or scroll past the posts. I personally never used the app, because I don't find it user friendly. I use the browser even on my phone. 

The frustration comes from the repeated posts on this thread that essentially discourage folks from sharing what they are going out of their way for. Laughing at those posts (even though we can't see who is laughing its not a far leap) is essentially reacting as if the post is a joke. If folks want to complain about a thread, feel free to message the moderators about it. There is no need to come into a thread and tell another poster that their posts are tedious, cluttered. That is just rude. You don't have to react to the post is you don't find it useful. 

When the flights and airlines thread was created I thought it was to provide a space for new flight and airline news distinct from the photos which were at that time clogging up the main BNA thread. I thought THIS was supposed to be the refuge from the constant repetitive pictures. What’s the main BNA thread for? Specifically pictures of construction?

Anyway, I blocked the user in question and it provides for a much more readable experience. The only reason I get so irritated about it was when I started coming to this site 6-7 years ago it was primarily due to the BNA news, so it’s devolution into constant pictures of the same random aircraft has kind of ruined my experience here. I know The Moderators hath Spoken but it still doesn’t change my experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The main BNA thread is for expansion, discussion of the terminal, I think you can throw in route expansion there as well, airport announcements. Expansion phots are fine on the main BNA thread as well.

The other thread is photos, things that are speculative (such as wants & wishes), off topic such as why Charlotte is getting routes and we are not. That is speculative discussion as there may be no clear answer and it involves another airport. Other airport expansions, such as LaGuardia, Austin, Orlando. Those have no direct link with the Nashville airport expansion and would be considered off topic.

Do you see where we are going?  This should have been made clear and guidance should have been given and for that we apologize. I think this helps streamline the conversation.

Also posting an abundance of pictures is in no way against the rules of Urban Planet. Suppose you decided to post a lot of pics on another thread, and we limited you or anyone else. There is nothing in the guideline that says a person cannot post pictures or how many pictures. These are personal pictures, and he owns them and there are no copyright issues.

• Like 1