Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

https://www.thenextmiami.com/qantas-planning-ultra-long-haul-flights-from-australia-to-miami/ 

I know this isn’t Nashville’s airport but this would be major news if it happens, Miami would be the only city in the southeast with service to Oceania. 
Personally I believe Miami and Nashville both are underrated airports. I have heard Lufthansa is considering Nashville and I hope that is true, I feel like Nashville has a lot of pent up international demand these past few years.

• Like 3

I see that [mention=20868]dmillsphoto[/mention]already mentioned this as speculation, but I would love Aer Lingus or Lufthansa to have flights into BNA. 
It appears that tampa_airport_spotting has a lot of speculation on his posts. 

Yeah, it’s a lot of repeated speculation. Seeing how incredibly successful STL’s Lufthansa flights have been in June & July (95% loads) gives hope they’ll “land” at BNA eventually. Granted STL is helped by a number of strong German companies with significant presence there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Just now, NashRugger said:

LF adding BNA would not be a shocker at all, almost following in the footsteps of Austin in its succession of gaining transatlantic flights because they came after BA.

Personally, I’d like to see them come in and be via Munich, their 2nd hub, versus Frankfurt. Partly because it’d connect two automotive power cities with Nissan here and BMW there.

I'd far prefer Munich too, but I've only flown through twice (out/back).  I've never flown through Frankfurt when it wasn't a colossal flustercuck. Last time was the first weekend in July and it was a complete breakdown in order and efficiency.  And what's worse, is there was no communication between the airport and passengers.  Flights were delayed by .5 to an hour and still had to leave passengers.  I've flown through a half dozen times over the past 12 years and each time was a nightmare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

I'd far prefer Munich too, but I've only flown through twice (out/back).  I've never flown through Frankfurt when it wasn't a colossal flustercuck. Last time was the first weekend in July and it was a complete breakdown in order and efficiency.  And what's worse, is there was no communication between the airport and passengers.  Flights were delayed by .5 to an hour and still had to leave passengers.  I've flown through a half dozen times over the past 12 years and each time was a nightmare. 

Seconded whole-heartedly in preferring Munich (both airport and city) to Frankfurt.  

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 1:46 PM, NashRugger said:

LF adding BNA would not be a shocker at all, almost following in the footsteps of Austin in its succession of gaining transatlantic flights because they came after BA.

Personally, I’d like to see them come in and be via Munich, their 2nd hub, versus Frankfurt. Partly because it’d connect two automotive power cities with Nissan here and BMW there.

MUC is definitely a nicer/easier airport, and Munich is much preferable to Frankfurt as far as cities go, but...for pure connectivity, FRA would probably be better. They have non-stop flights to significantly more destinations in Europe, north Africa, and southwest Asia than MUC does. 

There are also significant overcrowding concerns at MUC that could make additional international flights difficult to justify. They keep trying to build a third runway, but it keeps getting delayed due to pushback from local communities and environmentalists.  FRA is also pushing its capacity, but doesn't seem to be at the bursting point that MUC is. The fact that FRA is Europe's banking and financial center, as well as HQ for numerous engineering and automotive firms, also adds to the business case for a FRA-BNA connection.

That being said, MUC's only flights to the southeast US are Washington Dulles, Miami, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Houston. FRA however already has all of those plus Dallas, San Antonio, Tampa, Orlando, and Fort Myers (plus St. Louis). A BNA-MUC flight would fill a bit more of a gap than a BNA-FRA flight would.