Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

• 1 month later...

Sun Country Airlines will add a twice-weekly non-stop seasonal service to Madison, WI from Nashville starting May 7, 2020. This will be the 10th city connected to Nashville through the budget carrier.  The others are:  Los Angeles; Portland (OR); Providence, Tampa, New Orleans, Orlando, Fort Myers, Miami and Minneapolis.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/transportation/aviation/article/21096511/of-note-8-november-2019

• Like 4

Sun Country has cancelled several of their routes including their route between Nashville and Providence.... 

“We have been informed by the airline that their aircraft are being re-deployed to more profitable routes during the peak winter months,” Airport Corporation spokesman Bill Fischer said in a news release. “The 737 Max situation continues to put a higher demand on airplane availability and there has been a ripple effect across the industry because of that situation.” “We are looking forward to having Sun Country Airlines restart seasonal service next April; however Sun Country Airlines is still evaluating their schedule for April 2020,” the news release said.

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/20190907/sun-country-airlines-cancels-tf-green-service

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Binbin98 said:

Something I found in a magazine article about British Airways. The load factor this July was in the high 80s and from experience was completely full with tourists when I flew in in May 2019. I think the business demand from London to Nashville will also grow in the coming years with EY and AllianceBernstein and Amazon coming online in the area soon, all of which have major operations in London (EY Literally is headquartered 10 mins from where I live). All in all great news for this flight and I expect it to be upgauged again at some point in the near future.

AF40124E-7C8A-48D1-B786-FEBB042C2633.jpeg

Just hoping this leads to more frequent service! I'd love to see year-round daily service, with multiple options in peak seasons.

• Like 3

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allegiant-announces-five-new-routes-with-one-way-fares-as-low-as-55-300955714.html:yahoo:
Three new seasonal routes to Nashville International Airport (BNA):

• Des Moines, Iowa via Des MoinesInternational Airport (DSM) – beginning Feb. 13, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $55.* 
  • Gulfport, Mississippi via Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT) – beginning Feb. 15, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $55.* 
  • Appleton, Wisconsin via AppletonInternational Airport (ATW) – beginning Feb. 14, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $55.*
Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allegiant-announces-five-new-routes-with-one-way-fares-as-low-as-55-300955714.html:yahoo:
Three new seasonal routes to Nashville International Airport (BNA):

• Des Moines, Iowa via Des MoinesInternational Airport (DSM) – beginning Feb. 13, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $55.* 
  • Gulfport, Mississippi via Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT) – beginning Feb. 15, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $55.* 
  • Appleton, Wisconsin via AppletonInternational Airport (ATW) – beginning Feb. 14, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $55.*

This makes 18 destinations that Allegiant serves out of BNA.  Not bad, particularly considering Allegiant didn't start flying to BNA until last year.  Does anyone know how many flights per month Allegiant has out of BNA?  According to Wikipedia, here's Allegiant's top 10 markets:

Top airports with scheduled Allegiant service (monthly, March 2018)
Rank Airport Passengers Departures
1 Orlando/Sanford, Florida 149,196 1,019
2 St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Florida 113,573 767
3 Las Vegas, Nevada 110,566 785
4 Punta Gorda/Fort Myers, Florida 94,795 615
5 Phoenix/Mesa, Arizona 86,874 612
6 Cincinnati, Ohio 51,671 324
7 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 44,380 294
8 Indianapolis, Indiana 29,468 194
9 Bellingham, Washington 23,561 162
10 Grand Rapids, Michigan 20,294 127

That was as of March 2018 which is when Allegiant began flying to BNA.  I'm curious if Nashville is now one of Allegiant's top 10 markets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this article from Tennessean:

Nashville airport adds summer nonstop flights to Los Cabos & Cancun 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/11/26/nashville-bna-airport-adds-summer-nonstop-flights-los-cabos-cancun/4307277002/

VivaAerobus operates Vacation Express’ non-stop flights to Los Cabos on an Airbus A320-series aircraft. Swift Air operates the flights to Cancun on a Boeing 737-400 series aircraft.
 Cancun

EAA7D22D-E175-437A-A5E9-F0F47DD1C089.jpeg

Los Cabos 

0FB2EBD5-C951-4DF7-A3A1-AF7ACBFE06F8.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Thank god. I know someone personally who really needed this nonstop route lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, etimer13 said:

Southwest announces new nonstop service from Nashville to: Portland (ME), Portland (OR), San Juan, Norfolk, and daily to Omaha.

If I did my math right, that makes 47 destinations that Southwest serves out of BNA (regular and seasonal).  Pretty impressive!  I hope Southwest will start adding some additional Caribbean destinations from BNA.