Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

15 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The main BNA thread is for expansion, discussion of the terminal, I think you can throw in route expansion there as well, airport announcements. Expansion phots are fine on the main BNA thread as well.

The other thread is photos, things that are speculative (such as wants & wishes), off topic such as why Charlotte is getting routes and we are not. That is speculative discussion as there may be no clear answer and it involves another airport. Other airport expansions, such as LaGuardia, Austin, Orlando. Those have no direct link with the Nashville airport expansion and would be considered off topic.

Do you see where we are going?  This should have been made clear and guidance should have been given and for that we apologize. I think this helps streamline the conversation.

Also posting an abundance of pictures is in no way against the rules of Urban Planet. Suppose you decided to post a lot of pics on another thread, and we limited you or anyone else. There is nothing in the guideline that says a person cannot post pictures or how many pictures. These are personal pictures, and he owns them and there are no copyright issues.

Alright, makes sense. I was confused by the start of this thread, which at the time was specifically stated by Lexy as a place to share news because the main page was too cluttered. And by the fact that there wasn’t a single multi-picture post in this thread until around 14 months after it started. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Apparently, Canadian budget airline Swoop has cancelled it's rollout of a planned Edmonton to Nashville flight.  No reason has been given, to my knowledge.  

https://aeroroutes.com/eng/220711-wons22bna

I’m actually kind of glad to see this. Flair announced this route first and it always seemed like the WestJet-owned Swoop was just coming in to pick off a poorer competitor. Flair will have this route to themselves for now, which helps their long-term viability in the BNA market. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this afternoon. 
Atlas Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 (F) flew above my work. :shok:

89F8D93B-0331-4059-8414-F4F068176213.jpeg

Love their ingenius take on the tail logo invented by Continental in Houston - b4 they were picked up by United. Being in a different sector is I'm thinking how they got away with it. I always took the tail logo of Continental to be sort of a boost to the Houston visibility. Now if only United would ditch their Chicago headquarters like Boeing is doing, maybe we can get it back.

Interestingly enough from my standpoint, I used to see the Continental headquarters every day driving up PCH to my job at Hughes Aircraft near LAX from my house in Redondo Beach in the '70's.  Then they got bought by TI Airlines and the TI name got ditched for the classier moniker, and I moved from Austin to Houston where I rented a 1905 built 2 story Montrose frame house. I saw their relocated headquarters every day from my 2nd story bedroom.

OK maybe TMI but for business history chumps, I'll add in a Nashville connection - first L&C then National Life got bought by American General; that headquarters occupied a couple of shorter towers next to Continental. Then Continental moved to downtown, and AmGen moved into the taller vacated tower. So then I could see the American General name from the window, and would muse how they had paid my dad's salary at L&C, and my tuition at MBA. 

Then the whole thing got swallowed up into AIG (NYC) and here is that tower now, renamed the AIG Life Bldg. So Tennesseans significantly contributed to the building of the giant firm. BTW I watched on a Saturday when AmGen hired a chopper to install the flagpole, announced in the paper beforehand. They also flew the Texas flag, but then they were a Texas company, AIG isn't. Excuse the penchant for stories but when you seen a bunch, ya kinda want to write it down.

image.png.936522481c15c6ea1820ed51d77319bc.png

AIG, Allen Parkway at Waugh drive. Allen Parkway named for the Allen brothers, real estate agents from NYC who sold land around what they eventually founded as City of Houston. Brothers not nearly the legend of James Robertson and John Donelson but at least they named it for a legend, the former TN governor who defeated Santa Ana at San Jacinto river to the east.

• Like 4

• smeagolsfree changed the title to Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Too many heavy plane at BNA. :shok:

Tuesday early morning, SMH. 
Atlas Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 arrived from Anchorage. 798A0A92-41DF-4F13-842B-7D896B20A09E.thumb.jpeg.37bf5a94b35a36fbbd10e86b9e809474.jpeg

Wednesday evening, Kalitta Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 takeoff to Riverside, CA. 
FA7BEFF1-04D0-4F05-B88A-B71F2DE74F89.thumb.jpeg.c3d4ef75254de06f9e4310e6502c913b.jpeg

Thursday evening, Kalitta Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 arrived from Anchorage. FB96899B-627C-4507-8F40-82A8C2EBE4A0.thumb.jpeg.6de8be208cda567d98923a619e6584a7.jpeg

Thursday evening,  Kalitta Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 takeoff to Anchorage. 6BC72BF9-F273-45AD-A7CE-876B1CF65BC6.thumb.jpeg.6b6b6e8a1a166468e26c3f0ce9b1a3b2.jpeg

Thursday evening, Atlas Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 arrived from Anchorage. 871D6385-1766-4D6C-A349-3657E162EBB5.thumb.jpeg.6c44e51290ba87ca36f6c3b5300e062b.jpeg

Friday early morning. SMH.  
Atlas Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 arrived from Anchorage. 
1FBE5DC8-14DA-4F3C-A5D2-41FA87A71DB6.thumb.jpeg.419160ac4d97c430cdee0a1e055d1795.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bnacincy said:

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij! Flown 'em before, good airline-just don't ask me how to pronounce the name!

In the 80’s I went to an international school in Holland when my dad got orders to Germany. We were right on the Dutch border and the closest high school I could attend was in Holland about an hour  and a half bus ride one way.  So with that being said, I picked up on the Dutch language. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij would be pronounced Kōnik-licka Luked-vart Mots-ska-pay.  (Royal Dutch Airlines) I hope that helps :-) 

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

In the 80’s I went to an international school in Holland when my dad got orders to Germany. We were right on the Dutch border and the closest high school I could attend was in Holland about an hour  and a half bus ride one way.  So with that being said, I picked up on the Dutch language. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij would be pronounced Kōnik-licka Luked-vart Mots-ska-pay.  (Royal Dutch Airlines) I hope that helps :-) 

Proving, once again, that if you pose a question on U.P. Nashville, someone WILL have the answer! TNinVB, if this was Final Jeopardy, you’d be a very big winner!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNinVB said:

Dank je wel! I studied German in college and was going to trade shows in Germany when I was importing chocolate so I would fly into Amsterdam and drive to Cologne. I ended up taking a Dutch class at the Tennessee Foreign Language institute at night and learned a little but when I was in Amsterdam everyone spoke great English so it was almost impossible to practice! If you know German you can maybe read a bit of Dutch but the pronounciation is very different and also much more difficult. Dutch is much more guttural believe it or not.

Edited by bnacincy
  • Like 1