North Tryon (re)Development: 277 to Old Concord

kermit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
21 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

@kermit is that the old North Park Mall at eastway and N Tryon or the old Tryon Mall at Tryon and Sugar Creek.  The former is going to be the new hub for the library book storage etc. 

North Park at Eastway. My bad and thanks for the good memory.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

@kermit is that the old North Park Mall at eastway and N Tryon or the old Tryon Mall at Tryon and Sugar Creek.  The former is going to be the new hub for the library book storage etc. 

If I not mistaken, Richway which was the predecessor to Target was the primary anchor of that mall until Target built it's current location on University City Blvd back in the early 90's!

• Like 3

Yes then Kermit's photo is the new CM Library book storage and back office being built as a part of the new Library uptown which will very few offices in the future.

Yes it was Richway with the 4 pyramids on top, then Gold Circle then Target and yes I  used to visit this NorthPark Mall when visiting my aunts in Harrisburg.  

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Third Strike said:

The old Tryon Mall is being redeveloped. Also, the parking lot is being graded for a future multi-family project:

https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=22SD2&capID2=00000&capID3=00031&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE&IsToShowInspection=

The area around the Sugar Creek light rail station is quickly blowing up. Hopefully the old NorthPark Mall is next. 

it is supposed to be around 600 apartment units and first phase of 80k sq ft of office and retail according to the Pass marketing brochure talking about developments nearby. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

I reject the naming of NoDa for this, so will post here to help the developer out.

Alliance Residential (of the "Broadstone" brand) who is doing luxury mid-rises seemingly everywhere has a new "workforce housing" concept proposed.

Prose Noda is planned where the old US Post Office was at the southeast corner of N Tryon and Matheson. 

303 units.  Units will be smaller than average and more modest amenities than normal.  Alliance says they try to achieve 20% lower rents that comparable luxury apartments would be.

Don't worry, still plenty of parking ;) 394 spaces

I thought this was supposed to become a QT at one point? I wish the developer luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I reject the naming of NoDa for this, so will post here to help the developer out.

Alliance Residential (of the "Broadstone" brand) who is doing luxury mid-rises seemingly everywhere has a new "workforce housing" concept proposed.

Prose Noda is planned where the old US Post Office was at the southeast corner of N Tryon and Matheson. 

303 units.  Units will be smaller than average and more modest amenities than normal.  Alliance says they try to achieve 20% lower rents that comparable luxury apartments would be.

Don't worry, still plenty of parking ;) 394 spaces

here is what Alliance Broadstone says about their Prose brand:  and bravo for them to build more affordable units with less amenities.   From their website it looks like they forgo balconies on the apartments but many are in more suburban areas and this is more an urban location. 

Prose, Alliance’s workforce housing brand was established in 2018 to address demand for quality affordable apartments. Through years of research and development, we created highly cost-efficient product constructed to a lower price point, targeting rents up to 20% lower than comparable apartments. This important segment starts to address a growing affordability gap and a shortage of affordable housing.

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...