vicupstate

Laurens Road Corridor

5 hours ago, Jet-set said:

Looks like earth moving has started on the Laurens Village development. 

Where? I drove by and didn’t see any equipment on site. 

1 hour ago, Jet-set said:

On the right hand side if you go down the ramp from Laurens to the northbound lanes of Pleasantburg. 

Ahhh....that's why. I only drove by the front of it on Laurens Road. 

It appears to be the sewer work the city is doing to make way for the development which will start construction in 2019. 

Does anyone have any information on the status of property owners agreeing to donate land for the swamp rabbit trail? I’m sure it’s a more complex process than it seems on the surface but it’s taking a really long time to get this resolved. I live near where the trail is going and plan to use it multiple times a week so this is testing my patience.

• Like 1

This should be nice. It would be a better experience for the trail if the brewery or restaurant were along it, though I understand  that there's value in street frontage. We'll see how they ultimately develop the rest of the lot. 

Anyone know what's going in or being built at the old Bailey's spot?  They renovated the entire spot recently but now it's torn down.

Edited by DynamicDuo

17 hours ago, vistatiger said:

Sign up for Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack coming soon to Laurens and McAdoo.

http://www.rockyshotchickenshack.com

Wow - Nice addition, and something somewhat new to Greenville. Been there multiple times in Ashville and never let down. Seems to be quite a few things going on down Laurens. Cant help but think how nice it'd be to have spinx plaza redone...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gville2012 said:

Wow - Nice addition, and something somewhat new to Greenville. Been there multiple times in Ashville and never let down. Seems to be quite a few things going on down Laurens. Cant help but think how nice it'd be to have spinx plaza redone...

I agree. That's a bit of an eye sore. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:16 PM, johnpro318 said:

Shouldn’t this thread be renamed Midtown lol since the city it trying to rebrand that area?

Oh are they trying to rebrand it as "midtown"? That's the first I've heard of that. 

1 hour ago, Den2Gvl said:

Oh are they trying to rebrand it as "midtown"? That's the first I've heard of that. 

Lol yes. My wife keeps saying that we live in Midtown as a joke. There’s even a gym with Midtown in the name over there. 

So we have downtown, midtown and they want the Haywood Mall area to be uptown. 

When they came up with the Haywood Road master plan a few years back, they called that area Midtown.  It never took hold though. That name makes a lot more since for Laurens Road. 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:47 PM, gman430 said:

Heavy equipment now next to Starbuck’s on Laurens Road. 

Culver’s apparently.

There is a apparently vacant or seldom used Army Reserve facility on Laurens Rd.  that is now owned jointly by the city and county. It is 3.6 acres and would appear to be an excellent candidate for a new Police HQ for the city, prehaps big enough for the Municipal Court as well.  It is outside the city but could be annexed without difficulty.     

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

There is a apparently vacant or seldom used Army Reserve facility on Laurens Rd.  that is now owned jointly by the city and county. It is 3.6 acres and would appear to be an excellent candidate for a new Police HQ for the city, prehaps big enough for the Municipal Court as well.  It is outside the city but could be annexed without difficulty.     

The one next to Fairway Subaru? That's not in the city limits?