Laurens Road Corridor

vicupstate

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

So, are there two locations? Or is the plan now to move to Holland Park instead of Verdae? Does it already exist? I'm confused.

Looks REALLY fun though!

Looks like the original property now has a bunch of apartments built on its driveway.  They will get great visibility in the Holland property, so probably a better choice.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Thanks. Somehow i missed this, any renderings or a thread?

Verdae thread has more info. News article here: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/finance/southern-firsts-new-greenville-headquarters-builds-on-the-future-of-banking/ 

Renderings: 

9CB791FC-4823-4DAC-A645-0EF2A34663B4.jpeg

FF2BAD51-4D90-4C99-B956-A5C9A5FBAA87.jpeg

9D0E482C-C15D-4C39-A84E-3A14A064FACD.jpeg

875C2698-9524-4034-B3FA-068D159E703D.jpeg

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Four story  building that fronts on the respective streets (Ackley and Laurens).  PUD with MF.  I like the site plan but the architecture is wretched awful, IMO.  Think Soviet block style.  Doesn't fit the residential area behind it at all.    

6 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Four story  building that fronts on the respective streets (Ackley and Laurens).  PUD with MF.  I like the site plan but the architecture is wretched awful, IMO.  Think Soviet block style.  Doesn't fit the residential area behind it at all.    

I think it's actually fairly interesting in design, and fits with the emerging vibe of this stretch of Lauren Rd -- thinking murals/artsy, breweries and swamp rabbit trail-oriented development that has emerged in the last couple of years between Washington and Pleasantburg.   

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

I was getting vibes of Chernobyl. :D I need to see some better renderings though to make a full assessment about whether I think it should be approved in its current state or not. I agree that the site plan and included retail space  are fine also.

Edited by gman430

• 3 weeks later...