Laurens Road Corridor

vicupstate

The vacant parcel directly across from The Alliance (Laurens at Ackley) sold on 1/12/22 for $265k on 1/12/22.  The buyer already owns the adjacent (side and back) 1014 and 1016 Laurens Rd properties. These three parcels combined are 2.48 acres.   Further down Laurens Rd, 1413 Laurens Rd sold for $485k on 1/6/22. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/31/2021 at 10:16 AM, gman430 said:

Another redevelopment project coming to Laurens Road: https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/N5uF4zq6ZJsiRLQeupoW1lir2BQ5jDoR9AT77VLKTx0/Marketing BrochureFlyer.pdf

Anybody know what is under construction next to QT? Apartments? 

Work now underway for this project. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m excited to see what the intersection of Laurens and Pleasantburg will look like in the coming years. Lauren’s truly could become a destination in its own right. In a way, I envision the area being Greenville’s version of Charlotte’s South End except on a much smaller scale of course. 

Edited by GVLover

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 4:37 PM, gman430 said:

Where Half Moon and Frugal used to be. 

698AC2F0-D71F-4963-AE38-ECADD81C6D4D.jpeg

More on this: https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/food/family-run-food-hall-coming-to-greenvilles-laurens-road-copying-simpsonville-success/article_d0afced2-d209-11ec-aec3-47ce1fa41712.html They also have a location leased at Bridgeway Station. 

8 minutes ago, Danmire said:

Where is Laurens road in that rendering?

Where the Michaels/Burlington shopping center is starting at Haywood Road up to Big O Dodge. Big O Dodge is the white building on the far bottom right in the overall overhead pic. You can see the Michaels/Burlington shopping center on the very far left side of the pic being redeveloped into apartments also.

Edited by gman430

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

Where the Michael's/Burlington shopping center is starting at Haywood Road up to Big O Dodge. Big O Dodge is the white building on the far bottom right in the overall overhead pic. You can see the Michael's/Burlington shopping center on the very far left side of the pic being redeveloped into apartments also.

Thanks. Now it makes sense.

Been saying that Burlington/ Michael's S/C is ripe for redevelopment forever.  Isn't Burlington moving to Green Ridge soon?  They just opened a new store across from Cherrydale.  Michael's should relocate back to Verdae Village in the old Stein Mart spot.

Edited by vistatiger

1 minute ago, vistatiger said:

Been saying that Burlington/ Michael's S/C is ripe for redevelopment forever.  Isn't Burlington moving to Green Ridge soon?  They just opened a new store across from Cherrydale.

They had the new sign up at the road last weekend at Greenridge. 

30 minutes ago, vistatiger said:

Been saying that Burlington/ Michael's S/C is ripe for redevelopment forever.  Isn't Burlington moving to Green Ridge soon?  They just opened a new store across from Cherrydale.  Michael's should relocate back to Verdae Village in the old Stein Mart spot.

Didn't Michael's used to be in Verdae Village (or Marketfair or whatever it was called at the time), before taking over the former Circuit City space? That would be humorous little historical study of Laurens Road as a corridor through the decades.

I might be off on my mental map,  but isn't all this just north of all the open space where the Sam's used to be? There's tons of empty space down that way, that's been that way for years. Why wouldn't this development go down that way instead of having to relocate and tear down all the existing shopping centers. There's all the Old Time Pottery/PetSmart, etc that would have to relocate too, no?

5 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I might be off on my mental map,  but isn't all this just north of all the open space where the Sam's used to be? There's tons of empty space down that way, that's been that way for years. Why wouldn't this development go down that way instead of having to relocate and tear down all the existing shopping centers. There's all the Old Time Pottery/PetSmart, etc that would have to relocate too, no?

No, this master plan is right in the heart of where Sam’s, Best Buy, and Goody’s used to be. They were located right between the shopping center that houses Petsmart which is also in the heart of the master plan and Big O Dodge. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

^^^ To that end, this is all just visioning. It would be nice if the City would adopt a plan and strictly enforce it in this area. We can all see how Verdae's initial masterplan devolved into the hodgepodge of development that we have today. Other than pretty pictures that I love for their "what if?" factor, I don't expect 25% of this to come to pass. 

10 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

^^^ To that end, this is all just visioning. It would be nice if the City would adopt a plan and strictly enforce it in this area. We can all see how Verdae's initial masterplan devolved into the hodgepodge of development that we have today. Other than pretty pictures that I love for their "what if?" factor, I don't expect 25% of this to come to pass. 

Sadly I agree. Once that gated community got built at Verdae, I gave up on this development ever being what was originally planned which was TND and mixed use. I would rather have County Square be the successful development to come out of the gauntlet anyways. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

Didn't Michael's used to be in Verdae Village (or Marketfair or whatever it was called at the time), before taking over the former Circuit City space? That would be humorous little historical study of Laurens Road as a corridor through the decades.

Yep. I  believe it was in a space around where Planet Fitness and Mr K's books is now.  

17 minutes ago, DirectorBob0209 said:

My head hurts trying to figure the location out. But with y'all saying Dodge is bottom right, that means Velo Verdae Apartments are the middle white buildings? Then the Middle Left White buildings are Trailside Verdae Apartments? I think I'm right, but want to make sure :tw_joy:

Yes, that is correct. :) You can see Velo Verdae directly behind the proposed soccer field and tennis court. 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Sadly I agree. Once that gated community got built at Verdae, I gave up on this development ever being what was originally planned which was TND and mixed use. I would rather have County Square be the successful development to come out of the gauntlet anyways. 

I honestly can't remember the original plans for Verdae, do we still have access to them?