Contributors We Miss

spenser1058

Although we've had several new folks join us lately (welcome to all!), during what I call Our Late Unpleasantness we seem to have lost some of our most prolific posters, including:

• prahaboheme

• Alex

• popsiclebrandon

• jack

I'm sure there are others you may wish to add. In any case, if any of y'all know these folks IRL, please encourage them to come back. WE MISS THEM!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spenser and Hank are right. 

If you prefer to live in your own kiss-ass rah-rah-Orlando world, use Ignore liberally. 

I, for one, resent one-sided cheerleading.  I need to know both sides of any story.  Others apparently don't.

This website is like reading a bad Chamber of Commerce press release.

If you can't be real, hit Ignore.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

IGNORE is our friend!

Especially when it comes those who only come here to create strife.

I've been posting here for well over a decade (2005) and I know you have too. So have a few others. In all that time it had never been an issue because we (nearly) always went out of our way to keep the atmosphere light-hearted, friendly and relaxed. We never had to put up with such negativity or being chastised  for not discussing the "correct" topic or that our priorities were misplaced or that we and our city are inferior, etc, etc, etc.

Hopefully more of our more valued members will also come to see the benefit of the ignore feature and begin to use it too.

10 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I always wanted to be a cheerleader but neither of the two high schools I went to, Evans or Orange Park, had male cheerleaders back then and my legs were too skinny to look good in a short skirt.

And keeping them shaved would've taken up a lot of your free time anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, I am Reality said:

If you prefer to live in your own kiss-ass rah-rah-Orlando world, use Ignore liberally. 

I, for one, resent one-sided cheerleading.  I need to know both sides of any story.  Others apparently don't.

Good lord. You must be incredibly pale with that dark cloud stalking over you everywhere you go. Lighten up a little?

And please don’t say put you on my ignore list because geez, is anything on the Internet ever that serious? You bring a refreshing element of honesty each time you post but for God’s sake, I think you relish being the Scrooge of these forums. Sometimes you’re just straight up negative for absolutely no reason. It’s like you’re trying so hard to balance out a perceived cheerleading that you come off inherently negative and therefore unbalanced yourself. It’s quite paradoxical, sad to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

Good lord. You must be incredibly pale with that dark cloud stalking over you everywhere you go. Lighten up a little?

And please don’t say put you on my ignore list because geez, is anything on the Internet ever that serious? You bring a refreshing element of honesty each time you post but for God’s sake, I think you relish being the Scrooge of these forums. Sometimes you’re just straight up negative for absolutely no reason. It’s like you’re trying so hard to balance out a perceived cheerleading that you come off inherently negative and therefore unbalanced yourself. It’s quite paradoxical, sad to say.

Honesty is only refreshing when it's delivered with tact and a touch of humility.

When it's antagonistic and hostile, there is nothing refreshing about it at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was also thinking the Chamber's not always a bad thing. Jake Stuart was the wunderkind of the Frederick administration early on. He then went on to head the OrlandoChamber for 25+ years and was one of the prime movers behind snagging the Magic, Lynx expansion, light rail, the FAMU law school coming to Orlando and regional cooperation.

While politically it has veered a lot further right than I cared for, the Chamber has been behind a lot of the work to make a city out of Orlando.

I been rather complimentary to Disney this week.  I am really proud of its decision.

I've explained that many people nationwide are seriously underestimating our skyline/urban core (based on the skyline survey in Ranker)

I've commended Orlando for being more visible and newsworthy than other cities (some much larger) this week.

I've commented on how impressed I am with Rollins College

I've commented on how nicely they have redeveloped the Oviedo Mall.

I explained how much I love the Enzian and wish there was something similar downtown.

I've explained how excited I WAS for a possible food hall at Ferg's.

That was all this week. 

Sorry . . . but any appearance of negatively is in your head. 

I don't give just anything a free pass because it is in Orlando though.  That is just sucking the city's ass.  I think it's a shame some people have lost all sense of objectively.  At the same time they are refusing to tolerate other opinions, they are blaming me for being intolerant.  It's ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, I am Reality said:

I been rather complimentary to Disney this week.  I am really proud of its decision.

I've explained that many people nationwide are seriously underestimating our skyline/urban core (based on the skyline survey in Ranker)

I've commended Orlando for being more visible and newsworthy than other cities (some much larger) this week.

I've commented on how impressed I am with Rollins College

I've commented on how nicely they have redeveloped the Oviedo Mall.

I explained how much I love the Enzian and wish there was something similar downtown.

I've explained how excited I WAS for a possible food hall at Ferg's.

That was all this week. 

Sorry . . . but any appearance of negatively is in your head. 

I don't give just anything a free pass because it is in Orlando though.  That is just sucking the city's ass.  I think it's a shame some people have lost all sense of objectively.  At the same time they are refusing to tolerate other opinions, they are blaming me for being intolerant.  It's ridiculous. 

See below post. It is objectively negative for no discernible reason.

5 hours ago, I am Reality said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, WAJAS98 said:

See below post. It is objectively negative for no discernible reason.

I was very clearly referring to the website, not the city.  The website is a kiss-ass, PR-job for the city.  Rah rah rah.  It's pep rally.  A mindless exercise in civic boosterism.  

There is no objectively.

Again, I am talking about the freaking website.

If someone doesn't want to hear both sides of the story (about the city, on this website),  kindly hit IGNORE.

(can I spell this out more clearly?)

Even the moderator asked JFW to IGNORE me yesterday.  He absolutely refuses.  He'd rather have the same argument over and over again.  

This is really boring me to tears.  To anyone who doesn't like me . . . here is your reckoning.  Ignore me now or shut up.  Take it or leave it.  I don't care one way or the other.  This is really getting old. 

Edited by I am Reality

11 minutes ago, I am Reality said:

I was very clearly referring to the website, not the city.  The website is a kiss-ass, PR-job for the city.  Rah rah rah.  It's pep rally.  A mindless exercise in civic boosterism.  

There is no objectively.

Again, I am talking about the freaking website.

If someone doesn't want to hear both sides of the story (about the city, on this website),  kindly hit IGNORE.

(can I spell this out more clearly?)

Even the moderator asked JFW to IGNORE me yesterday.  He absolutely refuses.  He'd rather have the same argument over and over again.  

This is really boring me to tears.  To anyone who doesn't like me . . . here is your reckoning.  Ignore me now or shut up.  Take it or leave it.  I don't care one way or the other.  This is really getting old. 

No one is going to ignore you any longer. You’ve driven too many well informed and valued people from this forum.

Grow up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, I am Reality said:

Since JFW wouldn't take my advice or the advice of the moderator, I have blocked him.

It was quite easy.

Whoever Ivanhoe is (I'm pretty sure its JFW under another account), I have blocked you as well.

Your arguments bore me.  Learn to accept other viewpoints. 

We are talking about your behavior right now - not mine. Stay on topic.

Thank you for confusing me with JFW, a valued member of this forum. Somehow with meaningful contributions.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I confess I was in error. I had believed he was just trolling us but I now believe he just has a pathological need to get in the last word. It helps me to be less disappointed in him and more sad.

I don’t know what he is and I don’t care. I do feel sad that this once thriving forum about Orlando development (and so much more) is reduced to this state because of him as well the lack of a useful moderator to kick his ass to the curb.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

I don’t know what he is and I don’t care. I do feel sad that this once thriving forum about Orlando development (and so much more) is reduced to this state because of him as well the lack of a useful moderator to kick his ass to the curb.

It is stunning how much things changed over the course of a couple of months. If we all do the IGNORE thing, hopefully we'll get back to normal.

• Thanks 3