Amway Grand Plaza Facelift

Allison Slater

On 8/9/2019 at 9:16 AM, joeDowntown said:

I've noticed workers on the Monroe side (Pantlind building) of the Amway Grand. Passing by today, it looks like they are building a large patio / indoor space(?) on both sides of the main entrance (second floor) that would be accessible from the mezzanine of the old lobby. It looks pretty cool. Anyone have any details? 

ag2.jpg

Joe  - Answer to your question.  New bar called  IDC   https://www.idontcaregr.com/

https://www.grbj.com/articles/94559-balcony-bar-opens-downtown

1 hour ago, mpchicago said:

Joe  - Answer to your question.  New bar called  IDC   https://www.idontcaregr.com/

https://www.grbj.com/articles/94559-balcony-bar-opens-downtown

I read that! I think it's interesting that they have all year indoor/outdoor seating. I don't know if the passcode concept will last long though.

I'm excited to try it out. It'll have a pretty cool view, especially when they eventually redo the upper floors of the buildings across the street. 

Joe 

53 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

I read that! I think it's interesting that they have all year indoor/outdoor seating. I don't know if the passcode concept will last long though.

I'm excited to try it out. It'll have a pretty cool view, especially when they eventually redo the upper floors of the buildings across the street. 

Joe 

PM me if you need a code

It'll have a pretty cool view, especially when they eventually redo the upper floors of the buildings across the street. 
Joe 

what are they doing across the street?

the advertising fiirm across the street on the second floor looks great lit up at night.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T, C738T) using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, grandrollerz said:

what are they doing across the street?

the advertising fiirm across the street on the second floor looks great lit up at night.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T, C738T) using Tapatalk

They were talking about adding a couple of floors set back off the street. If I’m not mistaken, the bulls head building has air rights. It’s been a while, so details are foggy for me. 

Joe

On 10/26/2019 at 9:14 PM, joeDowntown said:

They were talking about adding a couple of floors set back off the street. If I’m not mistaken, the bulls head building has air rights. It’s been a while, so details are foggy for me. 

Joe

New owners for Bullheads building but they do have air rights

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, jthrasher said:

It definitely looks taller in the rendering but I think that might be the perspective?  Also the "A" looks to be in the wrong spot? 

That's what I've been thinking. There's no way they can spell Amway with the A in that position and have it be centered, or Amway Grand (the letter seems too big for them all to fit.) Maybe it will just say Grand? The A is in the right position for that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome. It had a much more vertical pattern to it. Hope it makes the build look long and sleek. :)

so far, the project hs moved at a snails pace. I wonder when they’ll really start moving on the facade (I assume that adding the extra space on the roof and aligning the upper color of glass was foundational and it’ll move quickly at some point). 

It’d be interesting to see how they plan to vacate/book rooms as the project works its way down and around the whole tower. It’s got to be quite a logistics issue. 

Joe

• Like 1