Amway Grand Plaza Facelift

Allison Slater

15 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Looks awesome. It had a much more vertical pattern to it. Hope it makes the build look long and sleek. :)

so far, the project hs moved at a snails pace. I wonder when they’ll really start moving on the facade (I assume that adding the extra space on the roof and aligning the upper color of glass was foundational and it’ll move quickly at some point). 

It’d be interesting to see how they plan to vacate/book rooms as the project works its way down and around the whole tower. It’s got to be quite a logistics issue. 

Joe

I've been watching this slow crawl of a project wondering how on earth they're keeping water out of that structure...

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, joeDowntown said:

The upper portion of the river side is starting to take shape. The glass is very transparent and the vertical lines make the building look sleek.

8282E73B-7995-448A-ABD0-830D52DFEF80.jpeg

That glass looks really sharp. The new look is going to be a game changer. :) Seriously, it will look really cool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

They really wrestled with this 

20200520_102246.jpg

Did you see when one of the sections was literally flailing all over and then one of the cables got caught in the crane cable? It was pretty eventful and they even had to stop traffic on Pearl to run out into the street for more room to fight with it! I was really impressed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

Did you see when one of the sections was literally flailing all over and then one of the cables got caught in the crane cable? It was pretty eventful and they even had to stop traffic on Pearl to run out into the street for more room to fight with it! I was really impressed. 

Today? Ya know, right around that time I saw someone on a bike at the corner taking pictures....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...