Union West at CV| Creative Village | 15 Stories

IAmFloridaBorn

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

just drove by Union West.  They're putting a Dunkin Donuts in there.  Not sure if this has already been posted.  That makes 3 for downtown.

Yeah - Dunkin, CFE, Qdoba and Subway (third subway downtown too).

Barnes and Noble will be going in across the street 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Yeah - Dunkin, CFE, Qdoba and Subway (third subway downtown too).

Barnes and Noble will be going in across the street 

Barnes?  Wow!  that's HUGE for so many reasons, but I won't bore you guys with that commentary.  Lord knows I do enough of that in other threads (sorry  :()...

Yeah, they announced all the tenants in March. 

"UnionWest, which will be shared with Valencia College, is set to open on Aug. 26 and has plans for a Dunkin’ Donuts, Subway, Qdoba Mexican Eats and CFE Credit Union on the first floor of the building that will include housing, classrooms and restaurants. In addition, Barnes and Noble will operate as UCF Downtown’s bookstore. "

The Barnes and Noble will be in the Parking Garage building and it isn't done yet. They said that it will be done in October.  For the first semester, they set up a website for the students to order the books online and then pick them up at a temporary location. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Yeah, they announced all the tenants in March. 

"UnionWest, which will be shared with Valencia College, is set to open on Aug. 26 and has plans for a Dunkin’ Donuts, Subway, Qdoba Mexican Eats and CFE Credit Union on the first floor of the building that will include housing, classrooms and restaurants. In addition, Barnes and Noble will operate as UCF Downtown’s bookstore. "

The Barnes and Noble will be in the Parking Garage building and it isn't done yet. They said that it will be done in October.  For the first semester, they set up a website for the students to order the books online and then pick them up at a temporary location. 

Are we talking about the parking garage attached to Union West?

15 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

No, the separate garage to the South. Ground Floor contains the bookstore and some back of house office and storage areas. 

https://www.ucf.edu/downtown/ucf-downtown-parking-garage-approved/

Oh.  that's right on the edge of the development closest to the run down parts of town there.  That's where Barnes is going?  

Amelia is eventually going to be straightened as well. It is just temporarily still the old road for construction staging area. They are going to re-align the road concurrent with the completion of the Central Park sitework next year. See Below aerial showing the "new" intersection of Terry and Amelia where the re-aligned straightened road will eventually be constructed: 

Amelia Realignment.png

18 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Amelia is eventually going to be straightened as well. It is just temporarily still the old road for construction staging area. They are going to re-align the road concurrent with the completion of the Central Park sitework next year. See Below aerial showing the "new" intersection of Terry and Amelia where the re-aligned straightened road will eventually be constructed: 

This would be my dream but I'm not so sure that this is the plan.  Is there any new information about this?  I still cannot believe it wasn't straightened.  I get mad even typing about it.

4 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

It is going in the ground floor of the garage where the red circle is: 

UCF Bookstor.png

thanks!  yeah, that's better than what I was thinking.  it's closer to Terry with tracks to the south and a block and a half of garage to buffer it from Parramore.  BTW, I wonder how many UCF students will use Sunshine Coin Laundry right around the corner.

I'm hunching the straightening was abandoned (palm to forehead) since the 2 giant structures were built curve around existing Ameila. The offset and fresh crosswalk and intersection for it being straight was there 2 years ago. I didn't want to say anything last year, becuase once I saw them curving Amelia Court footers I tried to ignore it and closed my eyes on the thread when it would eventually come up, and now we're here. @gibby, I'll ride my bike over to take pics, but first happy hour.

You all may be right. They may have abandoned the original plan to straighten Amelia that was on the master plan. The latest I saw from civil plans submitted to the MPB for the central park shows the road curved still, but I am unsure if that is temporary or not. Originally, it was supposed to be straightened out with a campus hotel in between Lake Dot and Amelia/Central Park and the drop-off porte cochere where the current curved section is. 

Who knows though, the plans keep evolving all the time. Being Orlando, I am sure they will likely go with the cheapest, easiest option, lol. 

Edited by dcluley98

Honestly, I like the curve. Unlike the Livingston curve it doesn’t mess with the street grid, and it also gives the area a bit more character.  The curve may also cause more interesting plazas and buildings, like those propping up around Livingston and Magnolia.

Edited by WAJAS98
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, spenser1058 said:

Ustler Development’s blurb about Union WEST:

https://unionwestatcreativevillage.com/

The link it came from notes both Subway and Dunkin are now open, which I’m sure @jgardnerucf already knows.. what 

So, Dunkin', Subway, Addition Financial, Qdoba, and something else are in UW.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jerry95 said:

From the retail website it’s Vera Asian and an open spot.

ain't that something?  Addition will land tons of business from the college students, and the eateries...they all compliment each other...  instant "life" to the area.  Add to that the Barnes & Noble a block away.

• Like 2