Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch! That's a design issue. We're now just over a month behind schedule, hopefully they are almost done ironing things out. I guess I just don't want this building so far behind that HH's tower cranes will go up after Trader's tower cranes go down. It would be a rare and special site to see 4 high riise cranes up at the same time in downtown B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to worry, you'll still have Hilton and Granby to contend with B) . There should be a period of time, probably by late spring of next year, where you will have a total of 8 cranes operating at once over the norfolk skyline. My big fear about HH is if the design issues wind up decreasing the height (not likely but possible :cry: ).

Hi...I found this site when I was searching for info on HH, and I'm loving it. I love architecture and I love the city, so this is great!

I recently inquired about available lofts at HH, and this is what I found out:

1st floor: Market

2nd-4th: Parking

5th-6th: Office

7th-9th: lofts

10th-15th: condos

16th(penthouse): condos

99 total units with 29 units still available as of 6/28/05

But as of yesterday: 6 lofts are left, don't know about condos. I was interested in a corner loft, but they were all taken...pricey though: 9th floor corner loft was $515k....but what a view that would have been!!! I think there was one corner unit left in the entire building...it's on the 15th at a cost of $790k....but it was a little too pricey for me.

Hopefully this was helpful ^_^

Hi...I found this site when I was searching for info on HH, and I'm loving it. I love architecture and I love the city, so this is great!

I recently inquired about available lofts at HH, and this is what I found out:

1st floor: Market

2nd-4th: Parking

5th-6th: Office

7th-9th: lofts

10th-15th: condos

16th(penthouse): condos

99 total units with 29 units still available as of 6/28/05

But as of yesterday: 6 lofts are left, don't know about condos. I was interested in a corner loft, but they were all taken...pricey though: 9th floor corner loft was $515k....but what a view that would have been!!! I think there was one corner unit left in the entire building...it's on the 15th at a cost of $790k....but it was a little too pricey for me.

Hopefully this was helpful  ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, welcome to the forum Juvie3!! This place is great isn't it? :D

And yes, that info was very helpful. So it seems that HH is now at 16 stories, which is alright. I thought that they increased the number of units to more than 99, but maybe not. Oh well, I can't wait until this building is finished either. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Harbor Heights watchers might be interested in hearing there was a convoy of dump trucks on the site this morning.

That probably qualifies as major action, considering how deserted the site has been for the last several weeks.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, i must have missed that! I drive by there every morning and i didn't see anything going on(like usual).

But thats good news! maybe I will see something this afternoon when coming home.

Thanks for the update Cobalt.

I thought the Harbor Heights watchers might be interested in hearing there was a convoy of dump trucks on the site this morning.

That probably qualifies as major action, considering how deserted the site has been for the last several weeks.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Freaking finally! Pile drivers would be even nicer :) . It'll be nice if they still get their tower cranes up while Trader is still under construction.

Freaking finally! Pile drivers would be even nicer  :) . It'll be nice if they still get their tower cranes up while Trader is still under construction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: it BETTER be goin up when Trader is under construction. This building is a crucial skyline filler and will help fill the gap between DT and Granby Tower.

Pending Granby stays where it is planned(beotch GSA).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It should with Norfolk removing the GSAs last possible excuse for wanting to condemn Granby in the first place. **cautiously optimistic** :thumbsup: **crosses fingers** :whistling: .

It should with Norfolk removing the GSAs last possible excuse for wanting to condemn Granby in the first place. **cautiously optimistic** :thumbsup: **crosses fingers** :whistling: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really hope that you are right. Harbor Heights will be a nice addition to Downtown. What I don't understand is if the demand is so high why don't they add more floors to it? Maybe the ground there can't support the weight. I would like to see another Granby Tower being built but have its own unique style.

I really hope that you are right. Harbor Heights will be a nice addition to Downtown. What I don't understand is if the demand is so high why don't they add more floors to it? Maybe the ground there can't support the weight. I would like to see another Granby Tower being built but have its own unique style.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Adding floors is not always solution. The demand may be there but they may be looking at other locations with different views. They probably don't want to concentrate all of their eggs in one basket so to speak.

Adding floors is not always solution. The demand may be there but they may be looking at other locations with different views. They probably don't want to concentrate all of their eggs in one basket so to speak.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True also density might be an issue. I do think that Norfolk is trying to make the city more dense DT.

I agree. I wish they would start creeping up to the north side with more urban housing and such.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems like thats what they're trying to do with this latest project that was announced (well not really announced, more like found :whistling: ). It'll be nice to have all this dense urban housing but I'd likke to see some more office thrown in the mix as well. We can't live off housing alone.

I agree. I wish they would start creeping up to the north side with more urban housing and such.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, the east/north/north-east areas of downtown need some major holes to be filled. Around 264/waterside blvd and directly north up towards bramblton needs to be developed. its prime area but everything is so spaced out. i say, scrap all of those city building and put up some scrapers! that will get the trend to move north and towards tidewater dr.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UPDATE: There was no action going on this evening, and there were no dramatic site transformations that occurred today that I could discern.

However, the front-end loaders that had been on-site were gone, and there's now a crane with something attached to it that looks like something you might raise and then drop to compact dirt. A vertical version of a steamroller, so to speak?

Of course, as usual, I was breezing by as fast as traffic would allow, so I didn't get that great of a look.

However, the front-end loaders that had been on-site were gone, and there's now a crane with something attached to it that looks like something you might raise and then drop to compact dirt.  A vertical version of a steamroller, so to speak?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm... Aka a pile driver? :huh::D

Archived