Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

UPDATE: There was no action going on this evening, and there were no dramatic site transformations that occurred today that I could discern.

However, the front-end loaders that had been on-site were gone, and there's now a crane with something attached to it that looks like something you might raise and then drop to compact dirt.  A vertical version of a steamroller, so to speak?

Of course, as usual, I was breezing by as fast as traffic would allow, so I didn't get that great of a look.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What the ____ is going on? This building needs to start soon! The steel probably won't go up now until Christmas! :(

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the ____ is going on? This building needs to start soon! The steel probably won't go up now until Christmas!  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt even that soon. It took 4 months for them to drive piles for Trader. If HH started driving piles this minute that puts us at the end of December at least. I fully expect to see Granby break ground before we see the first tower crane delivered for HH.

Well they might be waiting for things to calmn down from Trader and give the people DT a break from the Pile Driving.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seriously doubt that. :lol: Time is money to these people and they will have a lot of p**sed off tenants if they're just delaying for no reason. They said technical issues and I have no reason to doubt that. They are behind schedule as is so i fully expect if there were a way for them to pick up the pace they would be doing so right now. I think Cobalts news is a sign that maybe they've got their issues resolved, and are now ready to move forward.

Well they might be waiting for things to calmn down from Trader and give the people DT a break from the Pile Driving.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, I hope not. I remember that article talked about how it is just a fact of DT life, and it should be. I would love to witness this stuff in person. If I were a person waiting for a condo/loft, I would be getting pissed about how slow the pace is live vdogg said!

I remember that article talked about how it is just a fact of DT life, and it should be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. Imagine if developers in New York always waited for the other ones to finish driving piles. :lol: It would've taken 1000 years to build that skyline!

That 11 story one almost slipped through too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it didn't. I was on top of that one. :thumbsup: None of the news organizations have picked it up yet. It hasn't even been announced yet to tell you the truth. You heard it here first folks :lol: .

Remember those cranes at the Trader site sat for weeks so who knows how long it will take for it to start.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The cranes at Trader sat for about 3 weeks due to analyzing the results from the test piles. Harbor Heights had their test piles driven a long time ago and the lack of activity at the site was clearly due to the findings of the test piles which clearly had to force designers to come up of solutions to solve the technical issues. The project is nearly 4 months behind now, I expect pile-driving to begin later this week or the start of next week. Matter of fact, earlier this afternoon, a few construction workers were on-site, arranging and lining up the pile-driver parts that are on-site already. I think the remaining parts will arrive late this week if not Tuesday or Wednesday.

I went by the site today and seen at least 10 people out there working. Also. Harbors edge is getting up there now! Couldn't believe how tall it has gotten in such a short period of time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Rus, I would be interested in some pics of Harbor's Edge if you ever get a chance to drive by there. :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I drove by the site a little past 1 pm earlier this afternoon and noticed that the portion of the pile-driver that needs to be constructed appeared to be finally put together and only thing left is to attach it to a crane. Now lets get a delivery of pilings and let the next pile-driving contest begin! I know pile-driving in downtown bothers people since its loud and echoes between the buildings, but honestly I missed that noise!

Archived