Parcel M at CV | Creative Village | 14 Stories

IAmFloridaBorn

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There is no way they meet those numbers. They have to compete against 520 (which is in a much better area), Amelia Court (Same area, much cheaper units) and all the other apartments downtown. I doubt Modera has even filled up and I’d definitely choose them over this.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:01 PM, popsiclebrandon said:

Wait this isn't student housing?

It’s the “market rate” student housing whereas UnionWest is the dorms.   Ustler described these as the ones across the street where you have a pool and are allowed to have a dog.  

17 hours ago, W7edwin said:

They have an Ad on facebook and people are rippping them a new one over these ridiculous prices

That’s every Facebook ad for housing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jernigan said:

It’s the “market rate” student housing whereas UnionWest is the dorms.   Ustler described these as the ones across the street where you have a pool and are allowed to have a dog.  

That’s every Facebook ad for housing.

Dumb not to sell these as per person like they do by UCF where you don't realize your really paying $3000 a month to live in a hell hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Dumb not to sell these as per person like they do by UCF where you don't realize your really paying $3000 a month to live in a hell hole.

My ex lived in Pegasus Pointe (at the time, I think its Knights Circle now, also known at one point as Knight Court).  She was randomly match with roomates that were a disaster.  At they time they were charge $1100 per person.   That means the apt was raking in $4400 for that crappy unit.

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2020 at 8:08 AM, codypet said:

My ex lived in Pegasus Pointe (at the time, I think its Knights Circle now, also known at one point as Knight Court).  She was randomly match with roomates that were a disaster.  At they time they were charge $1100 per person.   That means the apt was raking in $4400 for that crappy unit.

Just now, Jvest55 said:

that's sick. It's pretty fascinating how much you can get away when you bill people individually, and, collectively, nobody complains because "it's a deal"

Edited by Jvest55

14 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

I mean its a couple hundred cheaper than the dorms especially when you factor in a parking pass and having to contend with UCF's parking situation.  I get it.  But at the time you could roll out of bed and land in the Chemistry building, or Math and Physics, or the fitness center depending on your dorm.   I did have a friend who later moved in the towers.  I wondered why he did that because back then it felt like moving way out into the woods.  (I think only Tower 1 was built at the time)  The stadium, the new arena, and the other dorms weren't built yet.

And you pay for the convenience of not looking for roommates. Plus, you do not have exposure of one roommate leaving and being stuck looking for a replacement or paying their share. Besides, living on your own would be more expensive. 

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, smileguy said:

The Monroe is in soft opening.  Interior build-out is as good-looking as you'd expect from Good Salt Restaurant Group.  They have a coffee bar open throughout the day, and it was pretty popular this afternoon.  Looking forward to trying the food. 

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

Haven't been, but the aesthetic is really nice. I'm really liking the artwork in there from what I've seen in pictures. I wonder who the artist is??

1 hour ago, nite owℓ said:

Haven't been, but the aesthetic is really nice. I'm really liking the artwork in there from what I've seen in pictures. I wonder who the artist is??

I've been a couple times and was very impressed. Not only with the food and the decor, but also at how well they hit the ground running. There didn't seem to be any snafus that typically haunt openings.

A lot of different artist represented- not just one. Sue Chin, one of the owners, is a designer and has quite a talent for pulling these spaces together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2020 at 1:28 PM, ChiDev said:

Its really high pricing given Radius will be at lower rents than these, and SkyHouse even lower.  Do they think people so desperately want to be on the CV side that they would choose it over cheaper rents closer to Eola?

Especially with Lymmo offering a free ride onto campus. I don't see the appeal.

• Like 1