LOCAL and Florida Politics

spenser1058

5 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Really????

You're implying that the left engages in the same level conspiracy mongering on as the right??? 

Puh-lease. 

Provide us with a list, if you please, of left wing conspiracy kook websites on the level of Alex Jones' InfoWars, etc..

Here's my list of right-wing conspiracy nonsense websites: https://www.factcheck.org/2017/07/websites-post-fake-satirical-stories/ 

Also... if the only response you have involves something about my source being part of "the lib'rul biased media" or some othyer such hachneyed, non-response, don't even bother. 

I am not a fudgeing right winger.  what the fudge is wrong with you?  Stop smoking that crap.  right wingers don't even believe any of what I told you before.  wake the fudge up.

10 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

homersidestep.gif

have you heard right wingers talk about the federal reserve?  did the democrats create that whole financial system?  give me a break.  spend more energy looking into that than researching Homer Simpson gif's.  it will help you sleep better at night so you are not still having nightmares about Trump and his little hands.

5 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

See what the Lake County GOP is up to and then tell me you made that comment with a straight face. 

Straight face.   Look in the mirror when it comes to politics.  I could easily point to the sh!t of your party.

As for Lake County GOP, why are you so afraid of an audit?

And you still don't get it and you never will.

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Straight face.   Look in the mirror when it comes to politics.  I could easily point to the sh!t of your party.

As for Lake County GOP, why are you so afraid of an audit?

And you still don't get it and you never will.

I’m not afraid of one. It’s just a waste of time and money when both sides agree you won. Whatever happened to the GOP supposedly being the frugal party (which it hasn’t been for decades, but that’s a different discussion).

I also know exactly what they’re doing. By questioning this election, they’re setting up the normalization of refusing to accept the results of EVERY election they don’t win ( which will be happening increasingly as the demographics of the country change). Who cares about democracy, right? There’s nothing new in this game. In the US, it’s just the latest incarnation of Jim Crow.

Edited by spenser1058

I guess DeSantis loves the uneducated too.

$2.3B in federal school aid remains in limbo until Florida files its paperwork

The U.S. Department of Education reached out to Florida officials Monday to ask why they're the ONLY STATE to not file paperwork that would allow the state access to $2.3 billion in federal school aid.

Article: https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2021/10/04/-2-3b-in-federal-school-aid-in-limbo-until-florida-files-its-paperwork?cid=id-app15_m-share_s-web_cmp-app_launch_august2020_c-producer_posts_po-organic

5 minutes ago, orange87 said:

I guess DeSantis loves the uneducated too.

$2.3B in federal school aid remains in limbo until Florida files its paperwork

The U.S. Department of Education reached out to Florida officials Monday to ask why they're the ONLY STATE to not file paperwork that would allow the state access to $2.3 billion in federal school aid.

Article: https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2021/10/04/-2-3b-in-federal-school-aid-in-limbo-until-florida-files-its-paperwork?cid=id-app15_m-share_s-web_cmp-app_launch_august2020_c-producer_posts_po-organic

He’s so busy with the Tallahassee Idiots showing they can own the libs to their base that it doesn’t matter how many kids are collateral damage. 

Edited by spenser1058

8 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I’m not afraid of one. It’s just a waste of time and money when both sides agree you won. Whatever happened to the GOP supposedly being the frugal party (which it hasn’t been for decades, but that’s a different discussion).

I also know exactly what they’re doing. By questioning this election, they’re setting up the normalization of refusing to accept the results of EVERY election they don’t win ( which will be happening increasingly as the demographics of the country change). Who cares about democracy, right? There’s nothing new in this game. In the US, it’s just the latest incarnation of Jim Crow.

Exactly.

And every last one of their loyal, rank & file, riff-raff foot soldiers knows it, too.

And they support it 100%. 

These people don't give a damn about democracy or even America as we've always known it.

All they care about is forcefully shoving their narrow-minded right-wing agenda down the rest of the counrty's throats. 

And that was/is the appeal of Trump.

He was willing to give them what they wanted, even if it meant overthrowing the government and wresting the results of a lawful election from the hands of the real winners.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, spenser1058 said:

Again, look at a mirror. The first person not to concede the election was in 2000 when Al Gore vs Bush after he lost that race. The democrats went on for a really long time demanding recounts, and when they failed, they argued that people literally accidentally voted for the wrong person, and that person's votes should instead count towards Gore instead of how they actually voted. In 2008 and 2012 nobody contested anything. Then in 2016, the democrats once again said they weren't going to concede if they lost, there must be cheating because some other countries might have funded a marketing campaign for a candidate, etc.... and while Hillary did concede, she later said she regretted doing so and was strongly advising Biden not to do so if he loses the election, there probably was a way to fight it out in court.

For the first time in 2020, the republicans copied the democrats and disputed the results of the election. But they did it because the traditional voting systems we used forever were all thrown out because of the pandemic and completely new systems were implemented in a matter of a couple months. After the 2000 dispute, Florida spent like 10 YEARS implementing new voting systems to make sure they are comfortable nothing like what happened in 2000 happens again (and I think they were right to do so). And now it is shocking that some people are concerned that a new voting system implemented nationwide in a matter of months might not be accurate and there might be new voter fraud introduced? I mean unlike the democrats, the republicans are literally auditing in states they won, and counties they won to make sure there is no fraud, win or lose. We need a system all sides trust, and a new one was made in 2000. It needs to be reviewed and revised just as the democrats forced in Florida after 2000.

Lets keep in mind that not even a year ago, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were both very clear: the government has absolutely no authority to mandate a vaccine, and that people would be crazy to trust the FDA given the political manipulation that has been happening in those departments for years. They both said even when a vaccine comes out, people should decide on their own and with their doctors, not through a government agency, if and when to get the vaccine. They 100% flip flopped when they won the election. And we're supposed to trust them now? 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aent said:

Again, look at a mirror. The first person not to concede the election was in 2000 when Al Gore vs Bush after he lost that race. The democrats went on for a really long time demanding recounts, and when they failed, they argued that people literally accidentally voted for the wrong person, and that person's votes should instead count towards Gore instead of how they actually voted. In 2008 and 2012 nobody contested anything. Then in 2016, the democrats once again said they weren't going to concede if they lost, there must be cheating because some other countries might have funded a marketing campaign for a candidate, etc.... and while Hillary did concede, she later said she regretted doing so and was strongly advising Biden not to do so if he loses the election, there probably was a way to fight it out in court.

For the first time in 2020, the republicans copied the democrats and disputed the results of the election. But they did it because the traditional voting systems we used forever were all thrown out because of the pandemic and completely new systems were implemented in a matter of a couple months. After the 2000 dispute, Florida spent like 10 YEARS implementing new voting systems to make sure they are comfortable nothing like what happened in 2000 happens again (and I think they were right to do so). And now it is shocking that some people are concerned that a new voting system implemented nationwide in a matter of months might not be accurate and there might be new voter fraud introduced? I mean unlike the democrats, the republicans are literally auditing in states they won, and counties they won to make sure there is no fraud, win or lose. We need a system all sides trust, and a new one was made in 2000. It needs to be reviewed and revised just as the democrats forced in Florida after 2000.

Lets keep in mind that not even a year ago, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were both very clear: the government has absolutely no authority to mandate a vaccine, and that people would be crazy to trust the FDA given the political manipulation that has been happening in those departments for years. They both said even when a vaccine comes out, people should decide on their own and with their doctors, not through a government agency, if and when to get the vaccine. They 100% flip flopped when they won the election. And we're supposed to trust them now? 

Baloney.

The idea that a solid Democratic distric like Palm Beach County would have voted for Pat Buchanan (who, according to the count won more votes there than Bush's entire statewide margin of victory)  defies even the most common of common sense and is concrete evdence not of voter fraud, which was never alleged, but of misinterpreted voter intent.

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty-research/publications/butterfly-did-it-aberrant-vote-buchanan-palm-beach-county-florida

Also, Al Gore never got up in front of a crowd of raving, drooling lunatics and spurred them to go to Washington DC and storm the US Capitol.

Your apples and oranges attempt to draw a parallel is beyond laughable.

As for the integrity of the voting systems, every contested state is run by Republican Governors and Republican elections supervisors. They swore on their honor and reputaions that the 2020 election was the most closely watched, monitored and verified election in history.

Trumpers will never face or admit the truth and will never stop trying to make excuses for the ridiculous clown they put in the WH.

You'd think they'd at least be embarrassed by Trump, but noooo.... the goofier he acted the more they worshipped and adored him.

• Like 2

Take the Cross-Florida Barge Canal… Please!

It’s time to kill this massive dangerous boondoggle that’s been a zombie for 50 years once and for all:

https://www.news-journalonline.com/story/opinion/columns/2021/10/09/cross-florida-barge-canal-long-dead-but-what-do-dam/5986973001/ 

From The News Journal 

An interesting development - Winter Parker Chris King, who ran in the Democratic primary for governor in 2018 and then became Andrew Gillum’s  running mate in the general election, is endorsing Congressman Charlie Crist in the 2022 race. 

If it’s between Charlie and Nikki Fried on the Democratic side, I’ll be going with Charlie as well.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/os-ne-politics-charlie-crist-chris-king-20211011-y2ewzrvxtjdfljajijjbkao3mu-story.html

From The Sentinel 

Well, this is hardly a surprise. It seems the Sentinel editorial board is also tired of the same old, same old on the city council and agrees with me it’s time for Robert Stuart to go. They also believe Jim Gray has worn out his welcome but the alternatives aren’t any better, so they’re not endorsing in District 1.

They are recommending a return for Ms Hill in District 5, but note that the real estate industrial complex has too much control over the council and to keep that in mind with returning her.

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/endorsements/os-op-endorsements-orlando-city-council-springer-hill-20211012-l6ivoydssnaivc42mwjwhrw6ky-story.html

Edited by spenser1058

On 10/8/2021 at 8:05 PM, JFW657 said:

Baloney.

The idea that a solid Democratic distric like Palm Beach County would have voted for Pat Buchanan (who, according to the count won more votes there than Bush's entire statewide margin of victory)  defies even the most common of common sense and is concrete evdence not of voter fraud, which was never alleged, but of misinterpreted voter intent.

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty-research/publications/butterfly-did-it-aberrant-vote-buchanan-palm-beach-county-florida

Also, Al Gore never got up in front of a crowd of raving, drooling lunatics and spurred them to go to Washington DC and storm the US Capitol.

Your apples and oranges attempt to draw a parallel is beyond laughable.

As for the integrity of the voting systems, every contested state is run by Republican Governors and Republican elections supervisors. They swore on their honor and reputaions that the 2020 election was the most closely watched, monitored and verified election in history.

Trumpers will never face or admit the truth and will never stop trying to make excuses for the ridiculous clown they put in the WH.

You'd think they'd at least be embarrassed by Trump, but noooo.... the goofier he acted the more they worshipped and adored him.

"misinterpreted voter intent."

maybe you should give Trump his clown makeup back

Sen. Annette Taddeo of Miami has announced her run for governor in the Democratic primary.

Interestingly, she was the running mate in the 2014 race with Rep. Charlie Crist in his first shot for guv as a Democrat. (they lost by about 1%).

I’m still not convinced a Miami-Dade candidate can win upstate these days. Further, the county’s not as critical to Dems as it once was. However, I’m more than willing to be proved wrong. For now, I’m still with Charlie and pining for Gwen Graham (who was recently sworn in to a DoEd position in DC and will not be running *sigh*)

Stay tuned.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/465409-taddeo-enter-governors-race/

From Florida Politics 

Edited by spenser1058

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Sen. Annette Taddeo of Miami has announced her run for governor in the Democratic primary.

Interestingly, she was the running mate in the 2014 race with Rep. Charlie Crist in his first shot for guv as a Democrat. (Interestingly, they lost by about 1%).

I’m still not convinced a Miami-Dade candidate can win upstate these days. Further, the county’s not as critical to Dems as it once was. However, I’m more than willing to be proved wrong. For now, I’m still with Charlie and pining for Gwen Graham (who was recently sworn in to a DoEd position in DC and will not be running *sigh*)

Stay tuned.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/465409-taddeo-enter-governors-race/

From Florida Politics 

The biggest thing she has going for her is that she was Charlie Crist's running mate in 2014. Other than that, her credentials aren't particularly impressive. A Bachelor degree at a mediocre school and only a few years as a state Senator doesn't really cut it IMO. Not saying that she wouldn't do a good job, but I doubt she could beat DeSantis. Crist is probably our best bet.

• Like 1

I was thinking after this latest shameful episode by the Trumpists that it echoes back to the worst of Sen. Joseph McCarthy’s behavior in the ‘50’s. However, at least he was drunk much of the time he was acting out.

These idiots are gauche and disgusting while stone cold sober, which is far worse. Even more inexplicable is that people support this nonsense.

I confess @jrs2was right in a previous post - I don’t get it and I never will. For that, I’m eternally thankful I was raised better.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/467227-surgeon-general-asked-to-leave-tina-polskys-office-after-refusing-to-wear-mask/

From Florida Politics 

Edited by spenser1058

What a moron.

Governor DeSantis touts $5,000 bonuses for unvaccinated police who relocate to Florida

Article: https://www.axios.com/desantis-unvaccinated-police-florida-relocate-7bb6d898-d6ee-4237-bf89-babd9bc9aa27.html?fbclid=IwAR0griVgw5GwumWX35nFVRejf5AbilutJszdzfEyXQ1wi4Zq5RSvQitxTeo

Edited by orange87
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, spenser1058 said:

I was thinking after this latest shameful episode by the Trumpists that it echoes back to the worst of Sen. Joseph McCarthy’s behavior in the ‘50’s. However, at least he was drunk much of the time he was acting out.

These idiots are gauche and disgusting while stone cold sober, which is far worse. Even more inexplicable is that people support this nonsense.

I confess @jrs2was right in a previous post - I don’t get it and I never will. For that, I’m eternally thankful I was raised better.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/467227-surgeon-general-asked-to-leave-tina-polskys-office-after-refusing-to-wear-mask/

From Florida Politics 

Wow.

Anyway...so, I went to that MLS exhibition game a few years back (2015?) here at the Citrus Bowl between Manchester United and Argentina (I think).  I was talking to a few Brits who crossed The Pond to watch this match.  I asked them about Trump because of the whole Brexit thing and his similar platform.  They didn't answer my question; instead, their response was simply that in the US, the media has a stranglehold on the public- much worse than in Europe, and that in Europe, the citizens are much more educated and have a better handle on what's really going on there and around the world.    At the time, I was like...what, are you nuts?  I mean I already knew that Europeans were more educated than Americans- for the better part of my life.  But as far as the media and information? There's no way that's the case here?  The Land of the Free...right?

Boy was I wrong.  Not only are Europeans more educated and cultured as we SHOULD already know, but they also have a better grasp on current events as well and don't fall prey so easily to the propaganda machine.

You know that whole fallacy about when you're in a bad relationship, you just can't see it but outsiders see everything? And at the same time you just don't want to hear it, but self reflect ONLY AFTER that bad relationship has ended?  Yeah, that's the one.

Pay close attention to what's been going on outside of the US.  Do your own research.  Talk to people.  Talk to friends, family, and acquaintances in other countries (if you or any other of your cheerleaders on this forum even have any).   Talk to recent immigrants (if you even know any).    Talk to immigrants that you've helped become US citizens (if there even are any).   Talk to business owners, not just government workers or civil servants.  Talk to professionals that do business overseas.  Talk to people that voted for Trump, and I mean all creeds.  It's ok. they won't bite.  You may learn something. 

Believe me when I say, that Europeans do not think much of Americans as a whole.  Neither do the Chinese.  You may think Trump supporters are a bunch of ignorant hillbillies and relish in that concocted moralistic high ground of yours... but boy do I have news for you...Europeans think the entire US are a bunch of ignorant hillbillies regardless of how you vote.  And by the way, so do the Chinese.

Be better than that.  

And on the topic  of "shameful," there is nothing more pathetic than someone saying "jump!" and you responding with a resounding "how high," instead of responding with "why?"  And it's even more pathetic when the jumper tries to socially shame others who did not jump like they did.  And the authority just sits back and throws another food crumb in the hamster cage while the hamster is eagerly spinning on that wheel.

Whatever your point was, about mask shaming that "Trumpist" or whatever other related BS Democrats are so predictable about; in the end,  just know you'll still be seen as a bunch of scum by the parties listed above.  It doesn't gain you anything.  

Don't be a mindless drone.