LOCAL and Florida Politics

spenser1058

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

my point was that Florida is a border state; maybe not by foot.

I understand the point you were trying to make, which is that undocumented immigrants enter Florida more than many other landlocked states because of our coastline and proximity to Latin America., 

But you also said that Biden and Obama shipped them here and made them our problem, when the facts say that their population in Florida decreased substantially under Obama - Biden. 

That's all I was saying.

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

I understand the point you were trying to make, which is that undocumented immigrants enter Florida more than many other landlocked states because of our coastline and proximity to Latin America., 

But you also said that Biden and Obama shipped them here and made them our problem, when the facts say that their population in Florida decreased substantially under Obama - Biden. 

That's all I was saying.

he was implying that Florida did not have an illegal alien problem like Texas and CA ala people coming over the border en masse.  My point was that if they didn't come here from over the border, regardless of whether by foot or water, then were they shipped here by those administrations; how else would they get here, right?  My point was that it is one or the other.  The other was a hypothetical to prove the point that Florida does have an immigration problem.  Capish?

44 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

he was implying that Florida did not have an illegal alien problem like Texas and CA ala people coming over the border en masse.  My point was that if they didn't come here from over the border, regardless of whether by foot or water, then were they shipped here by those administrations; how else would they get here, right?  My point was that it is one or the other.  The other was a hypothetical to prove the point that Florida does have an immigration problem.  Capish?

These numbers are from 2019....

Screenshot-20221202-172008-3.jpg 

But probably fairly close to current. 

And as you can see, Florida's ranking is a distant fourth place compared to Texas and California.

So it's not altogether inaccurate to say the we don't have a problem..... the way Texas and California do.  

If your Obama - Biden comment was meant facetiously then my mistake. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/629682/state-populations-of-illegal-immigrants-in-the-united-states-2014/

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

The ones coming over the border and claim asylum are processed and sent out to other states. That part is true. But many come across the border and are never caught. They go where the work is. 

• Like 1

Sabatini’s at it again over in Lake County but it looks like he’s as popular as day-old fish from Lake Apopka.

It’s worth noting, however, just how Republican Lake County is now. That’s why Lake has some of the worst transit in the region and why OBX, which from the beginning was looking for support from Tavares, has never had much of a chance.

Republicans only support transit in Florida if it lines their pockets like they did with SunRail and CSX.

Miami Judge Rejects ANOTHER “Voter Fraud” Case:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/12/07/miami-judge-rejects-another-desantis-voter-fraud-case/

From The Tampa Bay Times

’…Barrar added, "Let this be a lesson to all not to use the legal system for political gain and waste taxpayer's hard earned money."’

“Why do Republicans in New Mississippi waste so much taxpayer money on worthless lawsuits?” ….Asking for a friend in the civilized part of the country.

Rep. Stephanie Murphy does an excellent job of explaining the electoral debacle that gave us New Mississippi even as Democrats across the country were overperforming in 2022:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/575489-stephanie-murphy-puts-blame-for-statewide-democratic-losses-on-misguided-airwave-campaign/

From Florida Politics

The consultants who make huge commissions on political TV ads handily forget that most of the folks watching TV are older folks who aren’t the ones in the state likely to vote Democratic. The result: Democratic voters stayed away from the polls in droves and let the GQP turn us into New Mississippi.

Miami’s Republican Mayor, Francis Suarez, decided to go all in on trying to make the city America’s cyber currency capital. We know how that turned out.

Now, his goal is to attract wackadoodle Elon Musk’s increasingly antisemitic,  racist and homophobic company Twitter to South Florida.

We’re getting a pretty good idea of why large cities are rarely governed by Republicans, but hey, he fits right in here in New Mississippi!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Rep. Anna (our next mayor!?!) is giving DeSatan h**l over the attack on Plaza Live!

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/578245-anna-eskamani-slams-ron-desantis-homophobic-targeting-of-christmas-drag-shows/

From Florida Politics

Go, Anna!

Anna is amazing! Possibly the best current Florida politician. The sky's the limit on her potential and future.

Edited by orange87
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 12:42 PM, orange87 said:

I think you should need to have a permit for that.  thugs already have concealed guns without permits since those firearms are probably illegally obtained to begin with.  maybe that's why they're doing it; dunno.

maybe the GOP want's more donations from the right...

that hottie that used to be Dept of Agriculture (Fried); she was a Dem and she's gone now; probably has something to do with it.  But I would gather they are pushing extra far to the right on that issue as a bargaining chip so that in the future they could always concede that to the left if there's something that they want the left to agree to for them.

I'll tell ya the place that would benefit from concealed carry is Chicago, since I've been hearing horror stories of muggings and car jackings without repercussion; if you're armed, they ain't gonna try it.  Florida doesn't seem to have those problems as a whole...

oh, I know what this is about...you can buy a gun...three day waiting period... no problem...but then to apply for a concealed, you have to send your application to Dept of Agriculture, background check, etc.  I bet they are sharing info with the Fed and this is a way to avoid that.  If you have a Class III (dealer), the ATF is already up your (you know what) and monitors your "stuff" and if anything turns up missing when they inspect, you're finished.  Yeah.  Whomever controls the Dept of Ag controls all that data on legal gun owners that carry.   Maybe Fried distributed that data to the Fed...Regardless, they know.  Just check peoples' Facebooks, texts, online forums; you don't have to be a Harvard grad to figure stuff out.  We can figure all that out on these boards ourselves.  Maybe we should create our own "intelligence" agency but charge for it- to both sides...  

18 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I think you should need to have a permit for that.  thugs already have concealed guns without permits since those firearms are probably illegally obtained to begin with.  maybe that's why they're doing it; dunno.

maybe the GOP want's more donations from the right...

that hottie that used to be Dept of Agriculture (Fried); she was a Dem and she's gone now; probably has something to do with it.  But I would gather they are pushing extra far to the right on that issue as a bargaining chip so that in the future they could always concede that to the left if there's something that they want the left to agree to for them.

I'll tell ya the place that would benefit from concealed carry is Chicago, since I've been hearing horror stories of muggings and car jackings without repercussion; if you're armed, they ain't gonna try it.  Florida doesn't seem to have those problems as a whole...

oh, I know what this is about...you can buy a gun...three day waiting period... no problem...but then to apply for a concealed, you have to send your application to Dept of Agriculture, background check, etc.  I bet they are sharing info with the Fed and this is a way to avoid that.  If you have a Class III (dealer), the ATF is already up your (you know what) and monitors your "stuff" and if anything turns up missing when they inspect, you're finished.  Yeah.  Whomever controls the Dept of Ag controls all that data on legal gun owners that carry.   Maybe Fried distributed that data to the Fed...Regardless, they know.  Just check peoples' Facebooks, texts, online forums; you don't have to be a Harvard grad to figure stuff out.  We can figure all that out on these boards ourselves.  Maybe we should create our own "intelligence" agency but charge for it- to both sides...  

You can't compare a city to an entire state. Florida, has a higher rate of gun deaths than Illinois. There is a direct correlation between strict gun laws and low gun deaths.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_death_rates_in_the_United_States_by_state

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, orange87 said:

You can't compare a city to an entire state. Florida, has a higher rate of gun deaths than Illinois. There is a direct correlation between strict gun laws and low gun deaths.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_death_rates_in_the_United_States_by_state

The murder rate is higher in Illinois compared to Florida. The gun deaths are higher in Florida but that includes suicides. 

12 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Conservatives PRETEND to not understand the correlation between more guns and more shootings and gun-related deaths, when it's so simple a child of average intelligence can figure it out.

Just like increased traffic will result in more car accidents, when you create more opportunities for something to occur, it will occur more often.

Common sense.

But all the right wants to do is cling to that tired old meme about how guns don't stand up and shoot someone by themselves.

Of course they don't.

But that's not the argument.

It's just a dodge. 

5 minutes ago, jack said:

The murder rate is higher in Illinois compared to Florida. The gun deaths are higher in Florida but that includes suicides

Yet another argument against too many guns in society.  :thumbsup: :shades: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Conservatives PRETEND to not understand the correlation between more guns and more shootings and gun-related deaths, when it's so simple a child of average intelligence can figure it out.

Just like increased traffic will result in more car accidents, when you create more opportunities for something to occur, it will occur more often.

Common sense.

But all the right wants to do is cling to that tired old meme about how guns don't stand up and shoot someone by themselves.

Of course they don't.

But that's not the argument.

It's just a dodge. 

guns are for self defense, yes.  but the whole point about having arms is to protect the people against the government and keep it from becoming a tyranny.  the Left disagrees with this because the Left is ALL IN with whatever the government says.  Just look at the spenser example; he was a government guy for an entire career and according to him it could do no wrong (even when it did).  it does wrong b/c it is inherent in the system. 

That is the real issue, not some mugging deaths or some whacked out kid and saying the gun didn't do it the person did.; or an increase in that.

All the crooked politicians and Hollywood Left mouth pieces (The Elite) have bodyguards. Do you?  That's what I thought.  And those same individuals would still maintain those arms/means even if they did a gun grab.

this is why I always complained about how the MSM and this PC and woke BS does nothing more than create a country full of gammas.  Well, gammas are easily led and controlled.  Even a child of average intelligence can figure it out.

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

all I know Chicago is a sh!t show with all the gang violence, murders, car jackings, muggings, homicides, etc.  Everybody know this.  

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

your response to the "suicides" comment from @jack.

well, if "suicides" is a valid argument against too many guns in society, better add Brightline to that list, along with bridges, bathtubs, and prescription drugs.

6 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

guns are for self defense, yes.  but the whole point about having arms is to protect the people against the government and keep it from becoming a tyranny.  the Left disagrees with this because the Left is ALL IN with whatever the government says.  Just look at the spenser example; he was a government guy for an entire career and according to him it could do no wrong (even when it did).  it does wrong b/c it is inherent in the system. 

That is the real issue, not some mugging deaths or some whacked out kid and saying the gun didn't do it the person did.; or an increase in that.

All the crooked politicians and Hollywood Left mouth pieces (The Elite) have bodyguards. Do you?  That's what I thought.  And those same individuals would still maintain those arms/means even if they did a gun grab.

this is why I always complained about how the MSM and this PC and woke BS does nothing more than create a country full of gammas.  Well, gammas are easily led and controlled.  Even a child of average intelligence can figure it out.

Just more of the same old conservative fake arguments.

The government in today's world has weapons they never dreamed of when the 2nd Amendment was written.

Your little toy pop guns wouldn't stand a chance against the advanced firepower of the modern military.

And your bodyguard point is just silliness.

I don't need a bodyguard because I'm not an elected lawmaker with untold dangerous enemies who would kill me if given the chance.

Do you need one?

If so, pay for one.