45 Ionia (old Tall House site)

GRDadof3

No, nothing has been proposed for this lot as far as I know. I wonder though with Rich Devos' passing, will RDV sell this parcel? Wasn't this a partnership deal with Rockford Construction? With work wrapping up on BSM, will Rockford focus on other holdings they have like this one? 

It's getting down to slim pickings for lots to develop downtown. 

43832888164_4bc8894cd4_b.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

No, nothing has been proposed for this lot as far as I know. I wonder though with Rich Devos' passing, will RDV sell this parcel? Wasn't this a partnership deal with Rockford Construction? With work wrapping up on BSM, will Rockford focus on other holdings they have like this one? 

It's getting down to slim pickings for lots to develop downtown. 

43832888164_4bc8894cd4_b.jpg

It is slim pickings and yet there are still a good handful of empty spots that it is fun to dream of what could fill in there. I have always something cool could go in this spot because that's a generous amount of ground floor space for something. 

3 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

It is slim pickings and yet there are still a good handful of empty spots that it is fun to dream of what could fill in there. I have always something cool could go in this spot because that's a generous amount of ground floor space for something. 

And it has the potential to have 3 sides of activity on the ground floor: Ionia, Weston and the sidewalk in the back. 

2 hours ago, Floyd_Z said:

It really is a nice spot.  It would be a great place for a tall tower, but I'm beginning to doubt that we'll see significant height south of Fulton.

Definitely a nice spot; maybe one of the nicest potential mixed use spots left downtown. It has built in pedestrian traffic that I'm estimating may triple in the next few years. 

5 hours ago, Floyd_Z said:

It really is a nice spot.  It would be a great place for a tall tower, but I'm beginning to doubt that we'll see significant height south of Fulton.

It may never happen, but the Parking Ramp at Studio C will be built to hold a tall structure above it. Never say never. :)

Joe

1 hour ago, SupercityGR said:

Anything less then 20 stories on this site would be a waste. its a great location. Ground floor retail. A different localish brewery like Pigeon Hill, Ridge or dark horse. 5 levels of covered parking and then 15 levels of Apartments and Condos. 

Agreed. Tall enough that you can see the river from the upper floors, should be the goal. 

9 hours ago, SupercityGR said:

Anything less then 20 stories on this site would be a waste. its a great location. Ground floor retail. A different localish brewery like Pigeon Hill, Ridge or dark horse. 5 levels of covered parking and then 15 levels of Apartments and Condos. 

Please no breweries...

Archived