spenser1058

Central FL Roads and Highways

12 hours ago, codypet said:

I must have missed this.   Sounds like they're just closing the picnic areas and the car lot, but keeping the truck lot.  That kind of makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is putting in a stormwater pond unless BTU is about to start on the north end?  If so that lady is about to get a whole lot more noise than she's losing from the rest area.  

They’re currently starting projects where they add an EB lane from EE Williamson to Lake Mary Blvd as well as rebuild the EE Williamson bridge. One extra lane means more impervious road surface and the need for a pond. So not only will they have noise from BTU but from the interim projects as well. 

10 hours ago, Jerry95 said:

They’re currently starting projects where they add an EB lane from EE Williamson to Lake Mary Blvd as well as rebuild the EE Williamson bridge. One extra lane means more impervious road surface and the need for a pond. So not only will they have noise from BTU but from the interim projects as well. 

I was not aware they were doing an interim project ahead of BTU.  That's a bit unusual.  My understanding was certain portions of BTU were being advanced, but I didn't realized completely other random projects were going forward ahead of it.

Edited by codypet

13 hours ago, codypet said:

I was not aware they were doing an interim project ahead of BTU.  That's a bit unusual.  My understanding was certain portions of BTU were being advanced, but I didn't realized completely other random projects were going forward ahead of it.

The bridge was a part of BTU.

I do not know if the new lane was also a part of BTU, but I wouldn’t be surprised. They might just be doing everything except the new express lanes right now.