Central FL Roads and Highways

spenser1058

Hey driving up 4 from Tampa hit major traffic delays around US 27 through up to Sand Lake is this normal theme park tourist traffic?  This was about 10.30 am.  I was surprised to see such traffic that time of day and I was trying to come out of the happiest place on earth and it caused me to lose some happiness LOL.    What if any plans are there for I-4 in the area south of Sand Lake towards Disney? 

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Various highway shots from I-4 construction zone.   What is the latest with the uncompleted high rise that a ministry is building?  It looks like some progress since I saw it last year. from wed and thursday. 

IMG_2148.JPG

They made a small amount of progress. Latest move-in date was supposed to be 2019, but the Superchannel 55 President blamed I4 construction for the missed deadline, claiming, "I didn't understand the dynamics of the impact the construction on the interstate Ultimate Project and on Central Parkway would have." He still won't provide a completion date... approx 18 years and counting lol.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/opening-for-majesty-building-to-be-delayed-once-again/978203317/

• Haha 2

Wow.  Spense is on the Fake News Bandwagon.  I can't believe it.

On a serious note, how or why would this surprise anyone?  It's a multi-year road construction project.  If you find one that ends on-time or early you've found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  It's a freak occurrence for that to happen.  If you are a betting person, there is no bet to be made on ending over budget and behind schedule.  No one would take it!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Wow.  Spense is on the Fake News Bandwagon.  I can't believe it.

On a serious note, how or why would this surprise anyone?  It's a multi-year road construction project.  If you find one that ends on-time or early you've found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  It's a freak occurrence for that to happen.  If you are a betting person, there is no bet to be made on ending over budget and behind schedule.  No one would take it!  

It was merely an update from Bungalower that appears to be a reputable source. As someone who uses that road about 6 days a week, I like to know what's happening. I apologize for simply posting a status report with no editorial comment. "Vitriol", indeed

Edited by spenser1058

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

It was merely an update from Bungalower that appears to be a reputable source. As someone who uses that road about 6 days a week, I like to know what's happening. I apologize for simply posting a status report with no editorial comment. "Vitriol", indeed

I was just being funny calling you a purveyor of fake news, buddy!  :)  Just teasing and messing around.  I don't remember news story from 2 weeks ago, much less 6 months ago.  I would've assumed it was new news, too.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, to be clear, no hating on my part towards Spense.  As we've discussed previously, I just am excessively neurotic about actual journalism being more important than headlines and clickbait, especially in this age of twitter and social media where often we only see headlines and not read the rest.  And this town... lacks.... severely at that.  OBJ, Bungalower, Sentinel, Weekly, ESPECIALLY most of the tv news sites. 

I get it, It's a business.  The headline, "Latest Report: I-4 Ultimate fell an additional 12 days behind schedule in the past 10 months." just doesn't create buzz and views and shares and revenue.  Doesn't mean it doesn't frustrate me to my core.

Edited by AndyPok1
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 12:45 PM, KJHburg said:

Various highway shots from I-4 construction zone.   What is the latest with the uncompleted high rise that a ministry is building?  It looks like some progress since I saw it last year. from wed and thursday. 

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1861.JPG

IMG_1862.JPG

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

I heard they got money from FDOT because the state had to purchase some of their land.  That’s why they were able to build again.  Let’s hope they finish before they run out of money.  There will be no I-4 Ultimate to save them next time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 6:21 PM, spenser1058 said:

CFX to begin $106 million upgrade to the intersection of FL436, the Bee Line and the northern entry into OIA:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-ne-orlando-airport-interchange-overhaul-20200214-tdm4akv6dndqhlddbayk3rlzdi-story.html

From the Sentinel 

As always, cannot read, but this and the 528/417 squeeze are two bizarre idiosyncrasies of  previous construction projects.

Maybe the article addresses it, but when they went through all the trouble of taking out the old toll plaza, why on Earth would they find it acceptable to leave ~1 mile of 4 lane (2 each way) road between 6 lane road pieces?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HankStrong said:

As always, cannot read, but this and the 528/417 squeeze are two bizarre idiosyncrasies of  previous construction projects.

Maybe the article addresses it, but when they went through all the trouble of taking out the old toll plaza, why on Earth would they find it acceptable to leave ~1 mile of 4 lane (2 each way) road between 6 lane road pieces?

Just the nature of the widening phasing.   It'll be 6 lanes soon. 

As someone who goes to the airport via Semoran, I'm very ehhhh about this.  Yes, it is getting to be needed.  But it isn't that bad yet except for the worst days.  Not looking forward to the 2 years of having to probably leave earlier being that I'm the most last minute person when it comes to travel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

As someone who goes to the airport via Semoran, I'm very ehhhh about this.  Yes, it is getting to be needed.  But it isn't that bad yet except for the worst days.  Not looking forward to the 2 years of having to probably leave earlier being that I'm the most last minute person when it comes to travel.

As someone who travels the perpendicular way a couple of times during the day a few days a week, it's bad and I'm not ehhhh about this at all.  It sucks and it's nonsense that there are two glitches in the matrix.  There are fender benders here several times a week basically because no one seems to understand that they can't drive through someone stopping here.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:21 PM, spenser1058 said:

CFX to begin $106 million upgrade to the intersection of FL436, the Bee Line and the northern entry into OIA:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-ne-orlando-airport-interchange-overhaul-20200214-tdm4akv6dndqhlddbayk3rlzdi-story.html

From the Sentinel 

yeah.  much needed.  that interchange is a joke.  the flyover they built a few years ago was a nice addition. but, when leaving OIA northbound and trying to get onto 528 WB, what a backwards a$$ clusters screw.  I cannot believe 528 is not 4 lanes in each direction from, say 551 to thee east all the way past the 436 interchange.  The 436 overpass heading SB needs at least 1-2 more lanes.  Less greenery and more concrete, FDOT.  This is a serious airport and the roadways need to be seriously wider.  

As for 2 years of construction...so be it...Jedi...  I'll deal with it as long as I know it will be better later.  2 years will pass quickly (the older we get...the faster it passes).  Oh geez...

On 2/2/2020 at 7:18 PM, spenser1058 said:

God has infinite time so the skyscraper is on His schedule. I do think it might be completed before any of the VMC’s, though, but that’s just a guess.

I really dislike these Superchannel 55 people even more now.  They make The Orlando Magic look like saints.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

yeah.  much needed.  that interchange is a joke.  the flyover they built a few years ago was a nice addition. but, when leaving OIA northbound and trying to get onto 528 WB, what a backwards a$$ clusters screw.  I cannot believe 528 is not 4 lanes in each direction from, say 551 to thee east all the way past the 436 interchange.  The 436 overpass heading SB needs at least 1-2 more lanes.  Less greenery and more concrete, FDOT.  This is a serious airport and the roadways need to be seriously wider.  

As for 2 years of construction...so be it...Jedi...  I'll deal with it as long as I know it will be better later.  2 years will pass quickly (the older we get...the faster it passes).  Oh geez...

I really dislike these Superchannel 55 people even more now.  They make The Orlando Magic look like saints.

Edited by spenser1058

4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

More lanes, more bridges, & more greenspace coming.  Its not an FDOT road,  so its going to  look more like 417 and less like 436,

16 minutes ago, codypet said:

More lanes, more bridges, & more greenspace coming.  Its not an FDOT road,  so its going to  look more like 417 and less like 436,

Which is just another reason we should be grateful they dodged the bullet in Tally and were not taken over by the state. Government is best when closest to the people.