Central FL Roads and Highways

spenser1058

Not sure why you quoted my post. 

I'm not saying that it was a good measure. It was poorly written and/or vague. (maybe on purpose). And did not provide information on where the funds would be allocated or other critical details. 

I was just providing the wording of it for clarity. 

I voted "yes" but can't blame others for voting against it. Not very well done. 

Edited by dcluley98

9 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Not sure why you quoted my post. 

I'm not saying that it was a good measure. It was poorly written and/or vague. (maybe on purpose). And did not provide information on where the funds would be allocated or other critical details. 

I was just providing the wording of it for clarity. 

I voted "yes" but can't blame others for voting against it. Not very well done. 

If they would have simply put in a line stating that the existing transportation budget will remain the same and not decrease as a result of this new money, I would have been all for it. 

However, they didn't put that in there for a reason. They planned on shifting money around and fooling us all. The existing transportation earmarked money pre passing of this measure would turn into a piggy bank for abuse.

• 8 months later...
16 hours ago, jrs2 said:

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2023/07/03/fdot-plans-to-extend-poinciana-pkwy-to-i-4

so there is a plan to extend the relatively new Poinciana Parkway Extension from where it terminates at 17-92 near Reunion north and then NW to Toll 429 where it terminates at I-4.

There's a plan to make the beltway into a cinnamon roll style loop.  The first loop is already complete and they're working on the 2nd loop.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2023/04/05/work-underway-to-extend-kirkman-rd-to-epic-universe

it's been reported on already.  But I thought this news came out in 2022 about the Kirkman Road extension. 

Anyway, Universal's contribution is $160M while Orange Co's contribution is $125M and the state's contribution is $16M.  Old news, but it will pass Universal Blvd and supplant Tradeshow Rd. which is the eastern border of the OCCC N/S Bldg property, between it and Vista Cay.

In the same way that Disney Springs has it's own ramp off of the existing ramp for 536 WB from I-4 WB, I think they should also make a ramp off of the I-Drive ramp from 528 WB and curve it due north for a block until it hits Kirkman Road Extension & Destination Parkway intersection.  It would be adjacent to that parking lot.  Otherwise, they will be routing all traffic to the Orangewood exit, which will flood the intersection there and at Universal & Destination Pkwy; and it will flood the exit at I-Drive & 528.  They may also want to consider creating new right turn lanes that connect the exit ramp to Destination Pkwy without dumping that traffic onto I-Drive.  But I would do that ramp for sure...