Central FL Roads and Highways

spenser1058

• 1 month later...

A study by the makers of the app GasBuddy examined the 30 largest metropolitan areas by population, and concluded these 10 cities have the most aggressive drivers:

1. Los Angeles

2. Philadelphia

3. Sacramento, Calif.

4. Atlanta

5. San Francisco

6. San Diego

7. Orlando, Fla.

8. Detroit

9. Austin, Texas

10. Las Vegas

Here's the rest of the list:

11. Charlotte

12. Pittsburgh

13. Phoenix

14. Boston

15. Dallas-Fort Worth

16. Chicago

17. Miami-Fort Lauderdale

18. Baltimore

19. Tampa-St. Petersburg

20. Washington, D.C.

21. San Antonio

22. Houston

23. New York

24. Kansas City

25. St. Louis

26. Denver

27. Portland, Ore.

28. Cincinnati

29. Seattle

30. Minneapolis-St. Paul

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3137818002

Take that, NYC and Miami!!!!

So as Cody alluded to, coming soon over-nights. . . MOT will not exist! This should get interesting. . . 

https://i4ultimate.com/eastbound-i-4-in-downtown-orlando-closing-multiple-nights-in-march/

Eastbound Interstate 4 (I-4) from Gore Street to South Street is scheduled to close multiple times in the month of March.

These nightly closures will occur from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. on March 11-15. Eastbound I-4 from Gore Street to South Street will also be closing at 11 p.m. on March 28-30 and reopening the following mornings by 5 a.m. These closures are necessary for bridge work at the I-4 and State Road (S.R.) 408 interchange.

sgl-ar2-2377-EB-I-4-Downtown-closure-detour-624x1038.png

19 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Eastbound I-4 from Gore Street to South Street will also be closing at 11 p.m. on March 28-30 and reopening the following mornings by 5 a.m

That is going to be ugly. I have no idea how many cars actually travel EB I4 between 11p and 5 am, but I'm pretty sure its more than what normally travels Garland throughout the entire day. This, btw, is a Friday and Saturday night. Although that is good for some I think it may be problematic for the drunks after last call trying to exit via Garland.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:10 PM, JFW657 said:

A study by the makers of the app GasBuddy examined the 30 largest metropolitan areas by population, and concluded these 10 cities have the most aggressive drivers:

1. Los Angeles

2. Philadelphia

3. Sacramento, Calif.

4. Atlanta

5. San Francisco

6. San Diego

7. Orlando, Fla.

8. Detroit

9. Austin, Texas

10. Las Vegas

Here's the rest of the list:

11. Charlotte

12. Pittsburgh

13. Phoenix

14. Boston

15. Dallas-Fort Worth

16. Chicago

17. Miami-Fort Lauderdale

18. Baltimore

19. Tampa-St. Petersburg

20. Washington, D.C.

21. San Antonio

22. Houston

23. New York

24. Kansas City

25. St. Louis

26. Denver

27. Portland, Ore.

28. Cincinnati

29. Seattle

30. Minneapolis-St. Paul

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3137818002

Take that, NYC and Miami!!!!

Aggressive drivers...

I would agree about LA; motorcyclists drive on the dashed lines and pass drivers whether driving or stalled during rush hour.

Chicago is low b/c they have turn signals on expressway ramps; and, the city proper has a nice urban grid and you can make good headway on LSD or major streets if you time it right.  Same with 94/90.

Orlando- yeas, there's lots of a-holes on our roads.  They will shoot you for merely merging onto I-4.

Atlanta- I-85, where everybody thinks the speed limit is 85mph...  

NYC- IMO, would have to be No.1 or 2.  You have to be crazy to drive in NYC daily.   LA is nothing compared to NYC ala aggressive drivers.  Being stuck in rush hour traffic does not equal aggressive NYC driving..  Maybe ask Officers Frank Poncherello and John Baker and see what they think...

14 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

NYC- IMO, would have to be No.1 or 2.  You have to be crazy to drive in NYC daily.   LA is nothing compared to NYC ala aggressive drivers.  Being stuck in rush hour traffic does not equal aggressive NYC driving..  Maybe ask Officers Frank Poncherello and John Baker and see what they think...

They agree.

7BDM.gif

"I'm sure glad we're not in New York City!!!"            "Me too!!!"

Edited by JFW657
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Aggressive drivers...

I would agree about LA; motorcyclists drive on the dashed lines and pass drivers whether driving or stalled during rush hour.

Chicago is low b/c they have turn signals on expressway ramps; and, the city proper has a nice urban grid and you can make good headway on LSD or major streets if you time it right.  Same with 94/90.

Orlando- yeas, there's lots of a-holes on our roads.  They will shoot you for merely merging onto I-4.

Atlanta- I-85, where everybody thinks the speed limit is 85mph...  

I wouldn't deem lane splitting as aggressive. It's very common in California and a lot of other countries. And I like driving in Manhattan. It's one of the few remaining places in America where people actually go when the light turns green. 

9 hours ago, mraurora said:

I wouldn't deem lane splitting as aggressive. It's very common in California and a lot of other countries. And I like driving in Manhattan. It's one of the few remaining places in America where people actually go when the light turns green. 

Lane splitting is illegal in every state except Cali. It’s definitely aggressive driving by impatient, careless bikers. I’ve never been in California long enough to compare idiot bikers but if they’re anything like the swaths of 40-50 morons doing burnouts and wheelies on the 408 or on Colonial while holding up traffic, then they’re annoying AF. Half of those imbeciles are riding illegally and don’t even have license plates.

Edited by Uncommon

Lane splitting and obnoxious motorcycling are way too common here.  On a regular basis I see motorcycles trying to avoid tolls and can't count the number of times I've seen them without plates.  I've seen bags tied over plates a lot, as well.

I know bikers love to say "it's a few bad seeds ruining it for the rest of us" but since I've lived here in FL I truly believe it is quite the opposite.  It seems like a few good seeds can't offset the rest of the bad seeds.  The overwhelming majority of bikers on I-4, 408, 436, 528, 417, 520, 429 (all major FL/US roads I use extremely frequently) don't deserve to be licensed drivers on our roads.

I come from a family full of past/present motorcycle owners and it is a disgrace to riders everywhere.

I called FHP a couple of weeks ago when I was passed on 408 by 4 guys on bikes doing tricks at insanely high speeds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HankStrong said:

Lane splitting and obnoxious motorcycling are way too common here.  On a regular basis I see motorcycles trying to avoid tolls and can't count the number of times I've seen them without plates.  I've seen bags tied over plates a lot, as well.

I know bikers love to say "it's a few bad seeds ruining it for the rest of us" but since I've lived here in FL I truly believe it is quite the opposite.  It seems like a few good seeds can't offset the rest of the bad seeds.  The overwhelming majority of bikers on I-4, 408, 436, 528, 417, 520, 429 (all major FL/US roads I use extremely frequently) don't deserve to be licensed drivers on our roads.

I come from a family full of past/present motorcycle owners and it is a disgrace to riders everywhere.

I called FHP a couple of weeks ago when I was passed on 408 by 4 guys on bikes doing tricks at insanely high speeds. 

Most glaring from me was I was driving home from work a few years back and I was behind a motorcyclist approaching the fairbanks curve WB.  The traffic was beginning to slow to a crawl and I watched the motor cyclist reach back and pull his license plate up so it was no longer visible from behind and then gun it between the cars that were stopped in traffic.  It was the most blatant and premeditated act like that I'd witness.  He knew he was wrong and could get in trouble, but if he disguises himself the reward outweighed the risk in his opinion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Thursday night bike night, be prepared... The pilgrimage from Osceola county to ace cafe will be full throttle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Uncommon said:

Lane splitting is illegal in every state except Cali. It’s definitely aggressive driving by impatient, careless bikers. I’ve never been in California long enough to compare idiot bikers but if they’re anything like the swaths of 40-50 morons doing burnouts and wheelies on the 408 or on Colonial while holding up traffic, then they’re annoying AF. Half of those imbeciles are riding illegally and don’t even have license plates.

I wish they'd legalize it, I don't really want to have the motorcycles near me for any more then they need to be. And as shown in California, it doesn't really affect safety at all. Its shocking California of all states is the only one to legalize it.

2 hours ago, aent said:

I wish they'd legalize it, I don't really want to have the motorcycles near me for any more then they need to be. And as shown in California, it doesn't really affect safety at all. Its shocking California of all states is the only one to legalize it.

As someone who travels on the 101 from Hollywood to Thousand Oaks daily, I would suggest that the gridlock likely reduces the potential for major safety incidents. Motorcyclists tend to glide through the traffic. 

That might be a completely different story in a city with less traffic and more opportunity to speed.