markhollin

The 11 story, 161 room TownePlace Suites at 1414 Charlotte Ave. that is being developed by the 3H Group out of Chattanooga, is going to get underway by the end of the year.  An early 2021 opening date is planned.  Originally this was thought to have been an 8 story project. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21022075/work-to-start-by-years-end-on-midtown-hotel

TownePlace Suites, Charlotte Ave, Sept 11, 2018, render.jpg

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 1.45.42 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know who owns the building at Church and 16th Ave.  N?  I've always felt that the building could be used for so many different things and I would hate to see it go away.  As that area grows, I think it would be an ideal spot for a restaurant and other retail.  It could even be used as an event space.  I know that block is the pseudo gay strip of Nashville and maybe that building could be incorporated into the entertainment  and bar scene that is already present.  That stretch of Church seems to have an eclectic mix of venues, so why not use that space to further increase the mix. 

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Does anyone know who owns the building at Church and 16th Ave.  N?  I've always felt that the building could be used for so many different things and I would hate to see it go away.  As that area grows, I think it would be an ideal spot for a restaurant and other retail.  It could even be used as an event space.  I know that block is the pseudo gay strip of Nashville and maybe that building could be incorporated into the entertainment  and bar scene that is already present.  That stretch of Church seems to have an eclectic mix of venues, so why not use that space to further increase the mix. 

Where the large empty building is at 16th and Church is the Reed Family. The next two parcels going toward town are Equitable Trust, and Williams Holdings. Now the two full blocks from 16th to 18th and Church and Hayes are owned by the Dialysis Clinic Inc.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I drove by and saw this and alerted William. The interesting thing here is that this seems to include the subway now and I dont think it originally did. Hopefully this one will move faster than the Staybridge Suites which has just now reached street grade. That is moving at a dead snails pace.

• 2 weeks later...

Demo permit for $36,000 granted for buildings on site.  New rendering as well.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21066849/demo-set-related-to-midtown-hotel-project

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 10.26.27 AM.png

Demo fencing is up.  Looking  NE from intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 16th Ave. North:

TownPlace Suites, Charlotte, April 28, 2019.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Really hoping this hotel and Broad West spurs more upward building in that area.  11 stories isn't tall but in an area where there is nothing even close that will stand out.  From I-40 to 20th between Charlotte Pike and Broadway/West End that area should be filled with multiple 10 to 20 story buildings with a few 30+ story buildings.  Especially Charlotte Pike and along Church Street for the taller buildings.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's like this past two weeks I've noticed a record amount of cranes going up in the 440 inner loop? Is the month of July or August of this year having a record amount of cranes going up or has there been another period where so many cranes have gone up in such a short span? It's really insane to say the least. We're finally seeing the full effect of the Nashville growth from the 2016-present period 

Edited by OnePointEast
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...