markhollin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The neighbors in this neighborhood really do not have a say as Metro is the owner of their homes. As far as the height of the building, Metro should have allowed this height or higher on Charlotte a long time ago.

The model pretty much is that the height of a building should be at least twice the height of the street in fronts. The more buildings that get built the less the blow will be. I admit it is not a great design, but it is up to the street.

That is why more height along Dickerson, Charlotte, Church, 8th, Main, and all of the corridors coming into downtown need to be taller and then stair stepped back into the neighborhoods. Metro is attempting to make things human scale which I do not agree with. I think the human scale thing is simply BS as the majority of people have no idea what it means or really gives a rats rear end about upper floor set backs. 

As a city grows, builders/developers want as much usable space as they can get a the price of real estate goes up. The green space is now being put atop roof tops and courtyards, atop parking garages and that is what people want when moving into new residential buildings.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

Some long green vines on each end of that building and some decorative landscaping out front might help. I sure hope they have something planned to give this thing some personality.

Looks like it was designed with the resolute expectation that two new buildings will be built on either side of it.  A good sign for the future vertical development of that block, perhaps?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Armacing said:

Looks like it was designed with the resolute expectation that two new buildings will be built on either side of it.  A good sign for the future vertical development of that block, perhaps?

Here's to hoping for a great street wall and better architecture

Please God GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 2