markhollin

Thanks Mark for getting this one up so fast. I woke up about 6 this morning and started finding clues to this one and let WW know ASAP. 

The part we are not fully sure of is that this will cover the Taco Bell spot as well as the Jack site. I do remember someone a good while back on the board or at a meet talking about a 25 story tower on West End, so this is the beast. 

• Like 2

Density on West End is goooood.

Just now, smeagolsfree said:

This is Solomon, Cordwell ,Buenz architects too and its great to have more Chicago architects working on projects in town. 

I think they did the 505 and the Second Avenue Partners project too so they have been working here a good bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUNash said:

Love it ... but I don’t get the orientation. That amount of West End Street frontage looks like a lot more than just the Jack in the Box lot. Is part of the current Graduate fenced demo area going to be for this?

According to the Metro Documents I was looking at this will take part of the Graduate site. The total frontage is about 200' and it looks as if the Graduate will go on the Checkers location only. I have a feeling they will share a curb cut, and its not a coincidence that all the players are from Chicago. The Graduate, the Residential tower and the architects.

• Like 1

Agreed. And compared to the Graduate in the rendering, it looks to have far more street frontage. That's simply not the case. I guess that could be an architect's trick of perspective to show more of the building than would really be visible from the angle. I noticed the renderings for Broadwest showed downtown as very small in comparison to the Broadwest complex. 

• Like 1

I have now changed the map to note that the projects sort of overlap.

2 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Agreed. And compared to the Graduate in the rendering, it looks to have far more street frontage. That's simply not the case. I guess that could be an architect's trick of perspective to show more of the building than would really be visible from the angle. I noticed the renderings for Broadwest showed downtown as very small in comparison to the Broadwest complex. 

The BroadWest renderings were a little out of perspective, I agree. Renderings are not always that good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, henburg said:

West End/Midtown are the future of this city's development. Downtown is a great area with a ton of really great attractions, but it's grown more tourist-oriented in recent years IMO. I feel like this area has huge potential for residents that developers are finally beginning to realize. 

It's been a mystery to me why the boom has largely passed over the area bounded by West End / Charlotte / I-40 and Elliston Pl.     That certainly seems to be changing now.    

Agree it would be nice to have a part of town that develops with more of a residential feel.    Elliston Place and Church St. fit that vibe very well.     Pedal taverns and Airbnbs do not.    

• Like 2

I am not being negative about transit, but it shows the fallacy that transit drives development ....at least in many (most?) corridors.

WestEnd, Church, Franklin Road., 12th Ave. S., Charlotte Pike, Nolensville Pike, 21st Ave., Hermitage Ave., are doing great and adding dense clusters of residential at a fast clip...maybe even Gallatin Pike.... 
Lafayette in the South and  Dickerson Pike in the North are developing more slowly and transit may be part of what is needed on there routes. My point is Nashville is doing better since the transit plan was voted down....there are 25 - story developments (see this thread) popping-up overnight.... 

29 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

I am not being negative about transit, but it shows the fallacy that transit drives development ....at least in many (most?) corridors.

WestEnd, Church, Franklin Road., 12th Ave. S., Charlotte Pike, Nolensville Pike, 21st Ave., Hermitage Ave., are doing great and adding dense clusters of residential at a fast clip...maybe even Gallatin Pike.... 
Lafayette in the South and  Dickerson Pike in the North are developing more slowly and transit may be part of what is needed on there routes. My point is Nashville is doing better since the transit plan was voted down....there are 25 - story developments (see this thread) popping-up overnight.... 

I still think that improved transit (in regards to quality, kind, and frequency) are something that could benefit Nashville greatly, but I agree that voting down the transit plan does not seem to have slowed the growth. 

• Like 3