markhollin

44 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Getting ready to raise the crane.

Looking NW from intersection of 20th Ave. and West End Ave:

2012 West End Ave, July 20, 2019, 1.jpg

Trucks lining up with gear. Looking NE from intersection of 20th AVe. and West End Ave:

2012 West End Ave, July 20, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking NE from West End Ave., 1/2 block east of 21st Ave:

2012 West End Ave, July 20, 2019, 3.jpg

They are currently taking the crane down at the Graduate Hotel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Off topic, but does anyone remember what was here before the DGX (former TGI Fridays) / Jason's Deli / Bank of Nashville / Five Guys / TMobile-plex was built? The earliest image on street view from 07 shows this under construction back then. 

image.png

On 8/6/2019 at 8:09 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today evening. From NewsChannel5. :whistling:

A3EB99B6-5C98-4E38-A5B3-2B8EB4371D38.png

I don’t know if there is a noise ordinance in midtown, I’d assume so, but not sure... but there have been multiple mornings over the past three weeks I’ve been woken up at 5am from construction noise from this project. I live in SkyHouse. Interestingly I’ve never been woken up by Kenect or Broadwest and they are both closer

17 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

It was Fuddruckers when I was at Vandy 88 thru 92. Did TGI Fridays move there at some point? 

There was a Fuddruckers on the corner and also a thai restaurant called Salathai in a seperate building with parking between them. They were both torn down to build the current strip and TGI Fridays was the original occupant of that corner store front where DGX is now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NashWellington11 said:

There was a Fuddruckers on the corner and also a thai restaurant called Salathai in a seperate building with parking between them. They were both torn down to build the current strip and TGI Fridays was the original occupant of that corner store front where DGX is now.

Oh Salathai! I recall wishing for death over the food poisoning I got there once.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

Oh Salathai! I recall wishing for death over the food poisoning I got there once.

Maybe they're the same people who opened this restaurant. Maybe they should change their name to No. 1 AND 2 Chinese Restaurant. 

https://fox17.com/news/local/old-hickory-chinese-restaurant-caught-on-camera-washing-rags-supplies-in-lake

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rolly said:

Wow, to think a 25 story tower is going in here. This whole corridor is going nuts!

Yes!  Get a few more 300'+ along West End and suddenly the skyline starts to really look wide.  LOVE it!  That area around the West End / Broadway split could become really special once Broadwest is done...and then hopefully we get something nice on the pie-slice land.  Add in some of the Beaman land with towers / retail and we suddenly have a vibrant neighborhood!

• Like 4