markhollin

9 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

I'm not so much making a statement for pro transit as I am stating that I don't think that you can make a definitive statement on how transit affects development *in Nashville* without there being a real test case.

My statement was opaque. My opinion is that transit is NOT a prerequisite for residential density in a growing city. This is easily evident as Nashville’s boom continues....even picking up pace....post transit defeat. Anecdotal, but I have yet to hear or read of any Nashville development that was scuttled or scaled-back because of the dearth of transit. You ask me to prove a negative,  yet no one seems to be asking the question - how much development would have occurred REGARDLESS of the transit? Nashville is a meta answer to the query.

Case-in-point

Charlotte TODs
Charlotte, NC exemplifies a southern city that has utilized land-use zoning changes, in conjunction with strategic planning for transit, to help create numerous new TODs along its
9.5 mile LYNX light rail line. LYNX, which opened in 2007, records 15,000 daily users.
Charlotte has seen ROI well over 300% since the rail line’s completion. The $1.87 billion in private investment and development along the south corridor spurred $515 million in additional real estate tax value, an increase of 121% since 2000.
The city established an acquisition fund to purchase land near the stations planned along its South Corridor light rail line to ensure the development of mixed-income, mixed-use TOD. Charlotte’s City Council capitalized the fund with an initial grant of $5 million

7 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

One could just as easily, and legitimately, ask how much more development would Nashville be experiencing WITH transit.

Or who might be able to afford it if they didn't have to build every residential high-rise on top of a mid-rise parking garage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

One could just as easily, and legitimately, ask how much more development would Nashville be experiencing WITH transit.

Obviously, but Nashville seems to be knocking-up against its speed of growth as it is. There are numerous lengthy delays from Metro on approvals from permits and other oversight responsibilities....PLUS....we saved $9Billion....winner winner chicken dinner.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Obviously, but Nashville seems to be knocking-up against its speed of gri with as it is. There are numerous lengthy delays from Metro on approvals from permits and other oversight rules......PLUS....we saved $9Billion....winner winner chicken dinner.

8 hours ago, PHofKS said:

The site plan is available in PDF format on the development tracker.....

29815604487_c9200324cc_b.jpg

When I looked yesterday morning the site plan had not been added yet. Metro adds this information in stages.  The plan below is for a  10 unit project on 2nd South. There are mistakes on Development Tracker as I have found the wrong Application under the wrong project too.

Thanks for getting this up Pete.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...