shardoon

GreenTree Parramore Development

I'll believe it when it opens. Right now, this seems right up there with the Vertical Medical City and the I-Drive megamall as possible but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, klstorey said:

I'll believe it when it opens. Right now, this seems right up there with the Vertical Medical City and the I-Drive megamall as possible but I'm not holding my breath. 

I think I heard the I-Drive mega mall got canceled.

I think it’s viable if for no other reason than the renderings appear to have Orlando’s signature architectural feature - the visor!

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Haha 1

Could you imagine if this GreenTree project, Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex and Creative Village all get built? West of I-4 will be vertical and dense enough to where when you drive on I-4, you'll feel like you're driving THROUGH downtown Orlando, not simply driving past it.

• Like 4

IMHO - I say there is a 25% chance of this being built.  Many times developers create these proposals to increase the perceived land value and this may be one of those situations.  

• Thanks 1

I'd say there is a 100% chance of this not being built as shown. There is a very likely chance something will be built there. There is a very unlikely chance it will be built as shown on preliminary "best-case" build-out water-color renderings. This is marketing fodder to secure backing, not what it will look like in the end. (see: all other projects ever built)

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

They interviewed the owner in Growthspotter and he said he would dream for the 28 story tower to be built, but he also needs to be realistic. I think another apartment style complex that is across the street will eventually get built. If he is smart, he would sit on the land until the Magic complex gets built.