389 North (AKA Zoi House) | 41-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

ucfpatriot18

• 2 months later...

It'll be amazing if this one gets built anytime soon
It was one of the few projects that I thought could break ground when the economy was good and never did so now with economy crashed I think will be a miracle to go up anytime soon.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Yeah, unlikely. . .I am  glad. I did not like that design. 

But like we said, Radius, Society  (or whatever the heck it is called now), and Parcel U are going. . . .   EA Sports is definitley ongoing.

That's what we said would happen. 

Zoi  and VMC have been a joke ususally

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Yeah, unlikely. . .I am  glad. I did not like that design. 

But like we said, Radius, Society  (or whatever the heck it is called now), and Parcel U are going. . . .   EA Sports is definitley ongoing.That's wha we said would happen. 

Zoi  and VMC have been a joke ususally

VMC yes. Zoi I don’t think so. Some of us had high hopes for it. At least I did. Would've further transformed that corner, provided a good looking new tallest, and ushered in some more much-needed housing. I’m sad it’s not happening.

Hey, I'm no banker, that's just my opinion. 

But the tree seems safe for now according to the powers. 

Maybe they can make a park that would be convenient to radius,  the courthouse, and society and avoid not paying their maintenance bills for mowing around the tree  and the fence they put up on the plot in the interim. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JFW657 said:

A few weeks ago, I was screwing around with this cheesy Windows 3D Paint program, or "app" as everything in computer software is referred to nowadays, and I was thinking about what kind of slightly scaled back building I'd like to see on that corner. Something with a smaller footprint that wouldn't require the demolition of the neighboring building and with an accommodation for the tree, of course.

These two. very basic... "designs" (or design attempts) are the kind of thing I think would look OK there.

These just show the general shape of the pedestal base and the tower.

zoi1nn.png

zoi1nw.png

zoi2nn.png

Anyone think I should copyright these renderings just in case? :lol: :P 

The Waverly might be mad 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Super Arbor Man is not just muscle-y!

57 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Nahhhhh. ... I think Orlando is big enough now to support more than one wiggly building

And if not, let them be mad!!!! ;) 

Does this mean the ground floor retail will be a Piggly Wiggly?

https://images.app.goo.gl/o3D4869M2GRmFUUq7

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

I like #3! Send it to tree conservancy magazine!

I like #3 too, but needs more Visor. 

Honestly the biggest design challenge to the building they were proposing is the parking to accomodate the number of residential units they were proposing to make that tall of a building to work and the financing to work on that parcel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

tenor.gif

Hurray! A vacant lot instead of a 400+ foot tower! We're closer to becoming a real city by the day! Victory!

I don’t think a 400 foot tower does anything to make a city more “real,” whatever that means. For me, it’s solely for aesthetic purposes and the civic pride that comes with having a nice, tall, dense, recognizable skyline.