389 North (AKA Zoi House) | 41-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

ucfpatriot18

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Update from Mark B.

https://www.thedailycity.com/post/downtown-orlando-apartments-2

I don't see "the tree"

I think this is just a rehash article meant to fill up space, as it refers to an application that was filed "this spring". 

Of course it is now late summer and about a month away from what passes for autumn around here, so I don't see the newsworthiness of the piece.

I'm still hoping it quietly fades away, so that probably guarantees it will get built. <_< 

23 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I think this is just a rehash article meant to fill up space, as it refers to an application that was filed "this spring".

I hadn't seen the reeditions previously, but I looked back a few months and now see bic posted the same...

my bad

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to see here, but MPB approved 39 story mixed use project now being called "389 North".

Two floors have been lopped off and it is now..."The new development program calls 10,000-square feet of retail space, 88,000 square feet of office space and 300 residential units atop a parking garage that can accommodate 539 vehicles."

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-mpb-torrey-preserve-20200818-ht6m4rtrrbdrzcqhk246vkma5u-story.html

8 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Not much to see here, but MPB approved 39 story mixed use project now being called "389 North".

Two floors have been lopped off and it is now..."The new development program calls 10,000-square feet of retail space, 88,000 square feet of office space and 300 residential units atop a parking garage that can accommodate 539 vehicles."

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-mpb-torrey-preserve-20200818-ht6m4rtrrbdrzcqhk246vkma5u-story.html

In other words, it's been slightly Orlando'd.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AmIReal said:

"The zoning request for the proposed 24-story Monarch Tower at 322 E. Jackson St. was delayed at the request of the applicant."

So is that something to be concerned about or is it normal for whatever reason?

25 minutes ago, elefants said:

"The zoning request for the proposed 24-story Monarch Tower at 322 E. Jackson St. was delayed at the request of the applicant."

So is that something to be concerned about or is it normal for whatever reason?

Heck, they’ve been delaying this bad boy since before the last recession so I can’t say I’m shocked.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...