389 North (AKA Zoi House) | 41-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

ucfpatriot18

6 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Bro I searched MPL2020-10001 through 10040 before realizing I was looking at last years permits.  This project was the only that clued me In 

I just got excited when I saw this thread had a comment. I thought there might be an update it something lol I guess this is dead, sadly.

• 5 months later...
37 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Yes sir — tree is gone.

Did the owner get worried that there was a campaign to save the tree that would impact the resale value of the property? 

Welcome to Orlando, where the developers rule. What’s even worse is  the hypocrisy of supposedly being a “Tree City, USA” community. 

Edited by spenser1058

6 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Welcome to Orlando, where the developers rule. What’s even worse is  the hypocrisy of supposedly being a “Tree City, USA” community. 

Well they have to get a permit to have the tree removed, who signed off on that?  I know 3 years ago it took an act of congress for me to cut down 3 hurricane damaged trees.

1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

Let’s see how our “Save the Tree” friends feel about this who seemingly think that private developers have the right to bulldoze down anything.

Private developers DO have the right to bulldoze anything on their property that isn't protected by local ordinance, including worthless old rat-infested, derelict buildings and beautiful old oak trees.

Some people will applaud the demolition of one while being saddened by the demolition of the other, and vice versa with other people.

Doesn't mean squat in terms of legal rights though.

The owner of that parcel had as much right to cut down that tree as the owners of the Jaymont block had to raze those junky old eyesore and public safety hazard buildings. 

It is what it is. 

2 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Yes sir — tree is gone.

Did the owner get worried that there was a campaign to save the tree that would impact the resale value of the property? 

You sound positively giddy about it. 

Congratulations. :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Private developers DO have the right to bulldoze anything on their property that isn't protected by local ordinance, including worthless old rat-infested, derelict buildings and beautiful old oak trees.

Some people will applaud the demolition of one while being saddened by the demolition of the other, and vice versa with other people.

Doesn't mean squat in terms of legal rights though.

The owner of that parcel had as much right to cut down that tree as the owners of the Jaymont block had to raze those junky old eyesore and public safety hazard buildings. 

It is what it is. 

You sound positively giddy about it. 

Congratulations. :thumbsup: 

How I sound to you doesn’t matter.

What matters is that your tree and my Art Deco building are history.

Welcome to the club.

Edited by prahaboheme

6 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

tree.thumb.jpg.a88cc1ec33f1488f4493a80723300913.jpg

Now not only is he Bulldozer Buddy, now he’s Buzzsaw Buddy. Think about The Senator in Seminole County when it was destroyed by a drug addict. In this case, as has often been the case with Buddy and his Buddies, not a peep out of City Hall as several hundred years of history were leveled.

As usual, Hizzoner and his Real Estate Industrial Complex apologists say they had nothing to do with it and who cares anyway. It was just in the way of making money. Welcome to Orlando, The City Heartless.

Edited by spenser1058