389 North (AKA Zoi House) | 41-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

ucfpatriot18

• 2 months later...

I will exploit this opportunity to repeat my oft expressed hope that Zoi doesn't happen and that I'd like to see something nice go up there, but more in scale with the block, which would not require Fratelli's building to be demo'd. 

I also hope whoever ordered the tree cut down loses his shirt on the deal. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, klstorey said:

*looks around awkwardly* 

So, um, any word on if this tower is still happening? Last I saw, it was to break ground in Q1 2022 but I haven't seen any action on the site.

Also, I just recently discovered the amazing Leo's Diner. Would this include that building? 

I hope that entire block gets torn down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Whomever cut the tree down is worthy of a new circle of h**l in Dante’s Inferno. 

I don't think the Man Upstairs likes it when big old trees are cut down like that.  If The Pit opens up, He'll be there sweeping that fellow over the edge- or maybe He'll commission ole Gabe to do it instead (Gabe, Mike, Rafe...one of the usual suspects).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This property has sold. Per OBJ, the new buyer said they intend to build "a project that is roughly in line with the parameters sought by the Zoi House Orlando project — that is, a 41-story mixed-use tower with residential units and retail".

The buyers are groups associated with South Florida developer Alex Karakhanian of LNDMRK Development who has done several projects in South Florida, including current projects in the city's popular Wynwood neighborhood, per OBJ.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/04/08/miami-buyer-nabs-downtown-property-courthouse.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_11&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AmIReal said:

This property has sold. Per OBJ, the new buyer said they intend to build "a project that is roughly in line with the parameters sought by the Zoi House Orlando project — that is, a 41-story mixed-use tower with residential units and retail".

The buyers are groups associated with South Florida developer Alex Karakhanian of LNDMRK Development who has done several projects in South Florida, including current projects in the city's popular Wynwood neighborhood, per OBJ.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/04/08/miami-buyer-nabs-downtown-property-courthouse.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_11&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

isn't that the company that partnered with Trump in Sunny Isles on those projects there?

2 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Kinda obvious the previous owner was going to do that. They never had the funding and cutting the tree down like that was an obvious sign they were removing a potential roadblock for their sale of the property.  They never had the money to begin with and skirted permitting requirements to make sure any potential buyers could do whatever they want. 

At least it is going to a more reputable developer now,. Hopefully we will see a better design next time around. 

...and this is what I was thinking about the Ponte project too...

On 4/8/2022 at 4:38 PM, dcluley98 said:

Kinda obvious the previous owner was going to do that. They never had the funding and cutting the tree down like that was an obvious sign they were removing a potential roadblock for their sale of the property.  They never had the money to begin with and skirted permitting requirements to make sure any potential buyers could do whatever they want. 

At least it is going to a more reputable developer now,. Hopefully we will see a better design next time around. 

Did that developer get any penalty for that.  The City sounded pretty pissed about it.

On 4/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, AmIReal said:

I forgot to mention it appears the building that houses Fratelli's is also included in the deal.

That makes sense

On 4/8/2022 at 7:13 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Looking at LNDMRKS portfolio for mixed use they e never built anything over 8 stories. So they work perfectly with Smalllando.

I cannot find a portfolio. Except for Landmark. 

On 4/9/2022 at 12:24 PM, uncreativeusername said:

Want another dose of depressing?

"OUR PHILOSOPHY: At Landmark Companies, our philosophy of doing business is simple: create stability through conservative real estate developments."

That looks like a different company. No A in Landmark for company that bought this site. 

On 4/10/2022 at 11:41 AM, dcluley98 said:

Well technically, it will be a 2-story 7-Eleven, but that sweet Baker Barrios visor will make it look like 3 stories. 

Make it three stories and market as an attraction. Like the McDonalds on Sand Lake and I drive.