389 North (AKA Zoi House) | 41-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

ucfpatriot18

this is a far out thought but I always found the "oh we cant build tall towers because of a airport that lands RC planes is only 5 miles away" to be an excuse to the real reason which could be that the county/city government is scared to build anything heavier than 30 floors as it could be succumbed to a sinkhole (and due to our ground being nothing more than sand) and they dont have time for a large disaster like that. ..:whistling:

I dont know.. just a wild thought :rofl:

• Like 1

Sentinel article today has a video animation fly-around of the 3d model: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-orlando-zoi-house-design-20181116-story.html

Looks better in the video than the stills. I think they could refine it a bit, but not that bad for a residential building. There are more subtle details to the design that are hard to see in the rendering stills they released. I think it could turn out pretty nice with a little more refinement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Sentinel article today has a video animation fly-around of the 3d model: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-orlando-zoi-house-design-20181116-story.html

Looks better in the video than the stills. I think they could refine it a bit, but not that bad for a residential building. There are more subtle details to the design that are hard to see in the rendering stills they released. I think it could turn out pretty nice with a little more refinement.

I love it, but hasn’t X Orlando gone to twin towers ?

13 hours ago, W7edwin said:

this is a far out thought but I always found the "oh we cant build tall towers because of a airport that lands RC planes is only 5 miles away" to be an excuse to the real reason which could be that the county/city government is scared to build anything heavier than 30 floors as it could be succumbed to a sinkhole (and due to our ground being nothing more than sand) and they dont have time for a large disaster like that. ..:whistling:

I dont know.. just a wild thought :rofl:

Interesting theory. I've never really paid attention, but are the piles used in Downtown Orlando typically friction piles or do they typically extend down to limestone "bedrock"?? Sometimes I wonder about The Vue...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

image.thumb.png.8de40ef4176518781d3973b10e4addc9.png

• Like 3

Downtown's proposed $140M tower moves forward

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/11/26/downtowns-proposed-140m-tower-moves-forward.html

The project's location at North Orange Avenue and East Livingston Street — along with Golden Sparrow, a trio of proposed nearby apartment towers, and the Bank of America building — could become the "architectural center of downtown Orlando," according to city documents. "The four intersection corners would be filled with two generations of Orlando high-rises that could become the peak of the downtown Orlando skyline," per the documents.

But then they approved the 10 stories mess next to Bank of A at this architecture centre.  ??!?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1

That article also restates the earlier quote from the developer that there is only a slight chance this project will remain that tall.

It seems like in more recent things I’ve read he is embracing the notion of a new tallest.

i hope this isn’t a bunch of excitement for nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local-news/-zoi-house-approved-as-orlando-s-tallest-building

Looks like Zoi has been officially approved! According to the article, it will be Orlando’s new tallest building, at 467 feet. This will be a great addition to downtown. Hopefully it gets built before another recession stalls the project!

Sweet! I predict the economy holds for 2019.

12 minutes ago, Dale said:

Sweet! I predict the economy holds for 2019.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but every sign points to a recession. Hopefully they can beat the clock on this one, or else I don't think anything will ever get built on that lot.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Xander said:
33 minutes ago, Xander said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but every sign points to a recession. Hopefully they can beat the clock on this one, or else I don't think anything will ever get built on that lot.

Actually, nothing points to an impending recession. The stocks were a needed correction. Feds probably jumped too quickly. Consumer confidence is high, etc.

Yield curves inverted again today. . . 

I would say employment and leading indicators of activity suggest a recession is not imminent, as in this correction will lead to it.  But a recession will happen eventually, and IMHO, we are closer to a recession in the near future than we are to last.  The stock market is not the economy, but can be a leading indicator of the economy, at times. I still think we are late cycle here and have a few years left of the cycle. It's going to happen eventually, though.