389 North (AKA Zoi House) | 41-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

ucfpatriot18

I love the ambitious plan for a new tallest building there. I don't love the design itself. Typical "Visor" and awful parking garage pedestal on the east side of the building. Also, there is a complete lack of greenspace and that Oak tree is as good as gone with this plan. Would be nice to see them be able to go even taller, reduce the width of the garage, and keep some greenery. I hope the ARB forces them to do something much better with the design, especially the crown. The ARB has mentioned "Visor Fatigue" many times recently, (see X-Orlando report), and I expect them to force the developer and BB to come up with something more Iconic for the new tallest building in the city. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I love the ambitious plan for a new tallest building there. I don't love the design itself. Typical "Visor" and awful parking garage pedestal on the east side of the building. Also, there is a complete lack of greenspace and that Oak tree is as good as gone with this plan. Would be nice to see them be able to go even taller, reduce the width of the garage, and keep some greenery. I hope the ARB forces them to do something much better with the design, especially the crown. The ARB has mentioned "Visor Fatigue" many times recently, (see X-Orlando report), and I expect them to force the developer and BB to come up with something more Iconic for the new tallest building in the city. 

It would be nice if they could do an L shape with a rear courtyard around the tree and the parking garage on the parcel behind and to the east where the Quiznos used to be.

orgliv01.jpg

orgliv02.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, orange87 said:

You know, I really don't get this forum sometimes. You guys tried to one-up each other for thirty pages bashing Vertical Medical City, but yet you guys have no problem believing this one is possible. Not even an article was posted in this thread.

There is an article on bungalower. And The developer actually has legs. Vertical Medical City is a joke and will be until that developer has any actual legs or history.

9 minutes ago, orange87 said:

You know, I really don't get this forum sometimes. You guys tried to one-up each other for thirty pages bashing Vertical Medical City, but yet you guys have no problem believing this one is possible. Not even an article was posted in this thread.

All just part of our charm..... :wub: :fun: 

15 minutes ago, orange87 said:

VMC is an architect with a dream. Zoi house is a developer with actual money and actual projects currently under construction. 

• Like 2

To be fair, when I posted this on the 20th I posted it in the Downtown thread because I didn’t have any context.    This thread was created today following the Bungalower article which was a pretty good article.   Later today, an even more thorough article was posted by GrowthSpotter.   

Could it not happen?  Of course.   But it’s much more newsworthy than VMC of Orlando Central Tower (which, incidentally, were proposed for the same magical lot)

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 1

Just now, Dale said:

Not holding my breath ...

"This development is in the very early stages with the City and is likely to change as it is reviewed by City staff."

https://bungalower.com/2018/09/26/300-unit-tower-coming-to-livingston-and-orange-avenue/

When all's said and done it will be a 230 foot Modera Central clone with a visor.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I dont know if I'm on ignore for some people but I like to think this has a great shot due to the zoning heights for certain blocks. FAA will not be able to shoot everything down especially if reasonable.

Wasn't there a very tall tower proposed in this general area right before the last recession? Did that get FAA approval?