ucfpatriot18

Zoi House Orlando/ New Tallest [Proposed]

26 minutes ago, UPSDAN said:

Zoi House and Medical City were only cleared by FAA to 444ft.

https://www.facebook.com/orlandosentinel/videos/917935525225614/

Sentinel Staff discussed FAA height restrictions for VAMC and Zoi House. Downtown development discussion start at approx 1:50 timestamp.

@ 5:28: VAMC is confident they will break ground this year, "there should be no doubt that we have financing in place, because we do."

Edited by nite owℓ

19 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

So like 1-3 floors have to come off?

the FAA thing is such a ridiculous joke.  VMC's height is 444' as well.  There is another reason they won't go taller than that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jrs2 said:

the FAA thing is such a ridiculous joke.  VMC's height is 444' as well.  There is another reason they won't go taller than that.

What's the reason?

21 hours ago, jrs2 said:

As I understand it, the FAA height restriction is not uniform across the entire downtown area. The further away from the Herndon takeoff and landing path you go, the taller the buildings that are allowed. 

Personally, I'm not all that enthusiastic about Zoi House. Too massive and requires too much collateral demolition. I'd like to see something with a smaller footprint there and if that requires a shorter tower, I wouldn't mind. 

IMO, Zoi House as designed would be a better fit across the street where Golden Sparrow is supposed to go. Golden Sparrow should be up north of Colonial somewhere. 

Or in another city altogether.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Ninjas!

Disney let them go and they took over downtown Orlando!

(Full disclosure: I dated one of the Turtles in the ‘80’s - he usually played Donatello...)

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 10:58 AM, JFW657 said:

As I understand it, the FAA height restriction is not uniform across the entire downtown area. The further away from the Herndon takeoff and landing path you go, the taller the buildings that are allowed. 

Personally, I'm not all that enthusiastic about Zoi House. Too massive and requires too much collateral demolition. I'd like to see something with a smaller footprint there and if that requires a shorter tower, I wouldn't mind. 

IMO, Zoi House as designed would be a better fit across the street where Golden Sparrow is supposed to go. Golden Sparrow should be up north of Colonial somewhere. 

Or in another city altogether.

Agreed. I don't like the concrete bunker look it has for the first 1/3rd of the building at all. And if it's being designed with the intention of being the tallest building in downtown, it doesnt' really seem to fit the skyline in that position and I think would get lost behind the BoA bldg. 

• Like 2