389 North (AKA Zoi House) | 41-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

ucfpatriot18

2 hours ago, Dale said:

Okay, just remember that a recession can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

that is a very good observation.  it's like the hype machine on Wall Street created by the players and/or the media- if there's a trade deal or we're going to war or if there's a terrorist attack- that kind of stuff affects Wall Street and spending.  So, that information can be manipulated and if the powers that be want a recession then, voila, they've got one.

11 hours ago, jrs2 said:

that is a very good observation.  it's like the hype machine on Wall Street created by the players and/or the media- if there's a trade deal or we're going to war or if there's a terrorist attack- that kind of stuff affects Wall Street and spending.  So, that information can be manipulated and if the powers that be want a recession then, voila, they've got one.

Thank you for spelling "voila" correctly.:tw_thumbsup:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Dale said:

Not a flame, but 312-million jobs added in December, well above the 180,000 anticipated.

Not a flame, but you might want to check your 'rithmetic.

312-million ≠ 312-thousand.

Are there even 312-million working age people in the country?

I hope Trump isn't claiming that!!!! :o

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

I do not know to whom that query is addressed, but I shall answer. 

The location is great. It is close to Lynx Central, on the same road as CV as well as DT, and will be an anchor in the soon to be "Mid-Town" Orlando that not a lot of people know about yet but is being created in the near future. The developer is not stupid. This will be a brand new district with the Courthouse and CV that extends DT and has activated streets. 

If only LYNX had good enough service to attract users who could actually afford to live here- Tampa passed a sales tax to support transit, I'm sure Orlando could pass one as well if it was on the ballot, although I guess the logistics would be more difficult since LYNX provides service to 3 counties instead of just 1 like HART. 

Regardless, this project will be great if it goes through, lack of activity in between North Quarter and the CBD is one of the biggest problems with urban cohesion around  DT . I hope the ball starts rolling on this and the other projects proposed in the area and it gets as vibrant and fast growing as South Eola,  lots of surface parking lots to redevelop near here! I dream of the day Orange Ave between Ivanhoe and Sodo is a bustling urban corridor. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Naqiy90 said:

If only LYNX had good enough service to attract users who could actually afford to live here 

If you live here, where would you find yourself needing to take great bus service to?

12 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

So question. What are your thoughts about it's location?

Confused by the question as well.  The most common criticism I read on here regarding project location is when the building is thought to be too short for its proximity to the city center.  Certainly that isn’t the case here so I can’t see any opportunity cost with this being built here.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:27 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

So question. What are your thoughts about it's location?

Especially if the X project gets built as proposed, I see this corner becoming a new Main & Main, connecting the Creative Village to Orange Ave and the proposed hotel and apartments a couple blocks to the East. I would love to see the properties immediately east of here to be re-developed in a way that honors the historic buildings there and fills the hole in the urban fabric, adding streetwall and a little density. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, smileguy said:

Especially if the X project gets built as proposed, I see this corner becoming a new Main & Main, connecting the Creative Village to Orange Ave and the proposed hotel and apartments a couple blocks to the East. I would love to see the properties immediately east of here to be re-developed in a way that honors the historic buildings there and fills the hole in the urban fabric, adding streetwall and a little density. 

I'd have to think that's the thought process here. It seems like this area is getting a ton of attention recently and I'm pretty confident the proximity to UCF Downtown is the reason why. 

It does make me wonder if standing at Orange and Church will feel totally different than Orange and Livingston.   Right now it’s night and day just because of overall density and people but when these all come online...will the vibe be noticeably different.   

As an example, Starbucks at Grand Bohemian has a line of suits and there is business happening at just about every table.  Conversely, I’m usually the only person at Craft & Common that is working but it’s full of people socializing or reading/studying - you’d think UCF already opened 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:54 AM, dcluley98 said:

I do not know to whom that query is addressed, but I shall answer. 

The location is great. It is close to Lynx Central, on the same road as CV as well as DT, and will be an anchor in the soon to be "Mid-Town" Orlando that not a lot of people know about yet but is being created in the near future. The developer is not stupid. This will be a brand new district with the Courthouse and CV that extends DT and has activated streets. 

activated streets, in what way?

Also, I figured that if they did a rebrand in Orlando for "Midtown," by the same model used in Atlanta,  it would be further away from the CBD.  By comparison, Midtown Atlanta is like 1.9 miles away from the center of the CBD.  The Suntrust is less than a mile from the OCCthse.  The CofC is close to 1.9mi but I think the 1.9mi is actually where Virginia intersects Orange Ave.(just to give a comparison of scale).  Also, 1.9mi is where ORHS is to the CofC.  

Edited by jrs2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, Jernigan said:

If you live here, where would you find yourself needing to take great bus service to?

Anywhere in Orlando? If transit was competitive with driving  people who can afford to drive would occasional chose transit, right now that's not the case with the current bus system. It feels like a waste of a great location because no one in this building would likely ever take a bus anywhere, except maybe the downtown LYMMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Naqiy90 said:

Anywhere in Orlando? If transit was competitive with driving  people who can afford to drive would occasional chose transit, right now that's not the case with the current bus system. It feels like a waste of a great location because no one in this building would likely ever take a bus anywhere, except maybe the downtown LYMMO.

It's true.  The number 3 stops right outside my house, but I have never once taken it downtown.  I wouldn't use it enough to justify the $50 monthly expense, and I don't generally have dollar bills on me to pay the fare.