Tempo Hotel, 127 Rosa Parks, 16 story, 295 room hotel, 6,500 sq. ft. retail, 200 capacity garage, ground level retail

markhollin

1 hour ago, OnePointEast said:

So is that considered prep-work or under-construction. I thought this still had to get through more obstacles before being given a go?

It says something about a Design Code Review on Sept 5th on the first page so I guess there's still another step that has to be taken care of.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Agreed, but I think Giarratana's stacked tower changed the near-term market for residential units at that location.  I suppose the original proposal accounted for the hundreds of units coming from the NY and AEG projects, and with only the Hyatt Regency and MGM Grand in the mix, they see an opportunity for midrange hotel rooms. Their location would also benefit from being between the Gulch and LoBro. As was pointed out above, it appears they don't have financing lined up. IDK, but maybe it's still easier to get financing for hotels than apartments. The market for both has been great in Nashville the previous two years... one being the Niido (Olmstead) on Fifth Avenue, which sold for an astounding amount ($50 M ???) as they made a quick turn toward the rental market. 

Oops! Grand Hyatt... shame on me. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:10 AM, markhollin said:

A couple new renderings, and this explanation of design choices from ESa:

Utilizing historical precedents, this new hotel re-imagines the sense of arrival to the City of Nashville, Tennessee’s, “theaters of old” within context of its rapidly changing Downtown neighborhood. Marquee signage, and other features of the 23-story, contemporary hotel, are inspired by the Tennessee Theater—the city’s last grand, historic theater which once stood in close proximity. The garage screen mimics backlit signage marquees of the era and is reminiscent of the Tennessee Theater’s old signage, which once spanned nine stories of its Art Deco style building. The porte-cochere welcomes hotel patrons in the soft lighting found in many modern theater lobbies, while the playful window patterning on the tower above represents each guests’ unique journey to 127 Rosa L. Parks and Nashville.

127 Rosa Parks, May 14, 2020, render 1.png

127 Rosa Parks, May 14, 2020, render 2.png

Here's another thing I noticed. Why on earth are the windows symmetrical facing westward, but completely meshuggah facing 8th ? This building is a mess. :wacko:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:40 AM, Auntie Yock said:

Here's another thing I noticed. Why on earth are the windows symmetrical facing westward, but completely meshuggah facing 8th ? This building is a mess. :wacko:

This is a design move to "activate" the facade and bring a bit of visual interest to the facade along the active/busy corridor and knowing where to spend the money on the building.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 3:52 PM, markhollin said:

According to  NBJ, HRI Properties has formally singed a lease of the .7 acre Christ Church Cathedral surface lot on which the 23 story tower is to be built. The land lease has an initial term of 99 years, with the option for HRI to potentially purchase the property.

I can't wait to see this one start construction because this tower will do a lot to "bridge the gap" between downtown and Nashville Yards.  We also need Tony's two residential towers for the same reason.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
34 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Giddyup.

Translation = let's go!  I'm for any project that (tastefully done of course) that bridges a gap and/or further consolidates Midtown, the CBD, SoBro, the Gulch, and every other portion of the Nashville downtown area.

add in WeHo as well. I want Downtown -> Pie Town/Rutledge Hill -> 4th Avenue / WeHo connected. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...